Next Day: After having time to reflect

peyton4heisman

Senior Lurker New Member
It is still the worst worst loss of all time. Pruitt is still not the guy. Football season still has a black eye. Recruits still remember the poor attendance. We still suck. 3-4 wins is still the ceiling.

Nope. Didn't get better. Not easier to digest. Still need to make a change or two (or 20). Anybody feel differently? Has a night's rest restored any confidence at all in the team?

Here's the question. If YOU were the UT athletic director, how would you proceed? Personally, I'd begin searching today for the next football coach and make the change as soon as the season ends.

It is still the worst worst loss of all time. Pruitt is still not the guy. Football season still has a black eye. Recruits still remember the poor attendance. We still suck. 3-4 wins is still the ceiling.

Nope. Didn't get better. Not easier to digest. Still need to make a change or two (or 20). Anybody feel differently? Has a night's rest restored any confidence at all in the team?

Here's the question. If YOU were the UT athletic director, how would you proceed? Personally, I'd begin searching today for the next football coach and make the change as soon as the season ends.

You shouldn’t even get mad at this point
We tried it our way, the fans way, and still screwed ourself.

The only person(s) who have leverage is mediocre Jimmy

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I don't know what to really say except I'm hungry.

Reactions: 508mikey
It’s so humbling to know that a 2-10 team didn’t beat us with trick plays. It wasn’t a fluke. They beat us physically and fundamentally.
Well, when you put it like that........😂

Step 1: Pick starting offensive line, ASAP
Step 2: New QB. JG is a proven nonentity as a QB who has fluffed up dump pass stats
Step 3: Relieve play calling from DC, like..immediately. They lined 2 dudes up on a play..Waiting for a reply to grab a screen of that debacle.
Step 4. Finish all home projects and get house ready to sell because Im getting fired most likely no matter what I do.

I'm still trying to figure out if it is possible for man to steer Dorian over Neyland Stadium

Reactions: joevol33
I really appreciate the 90's more and more. We will probably never see that again.

I used to get angry when we would lose a game back then. That happens when you only lose 1 or 2 games a year. The loss sticks with you for months

Now, and it's been this way for a long time, I only feel slight disappointment. A loss sticks with you until Monday

It’s so humbling to know that a 2-10 team didn’t beat us with trick plays. It wasn’t a fluke. They beat us physically and fundamentally.
They are 1 and 0, we are 0 and 1. Last year doesn't count anyone. It could be we are 2 and 10 at the end of this year. Time will tell

I’d keep Pruitt but let him know he’s on notice if he doesn’t turn it around. I’d make a suggestion that he should playing for the future rather than the present while expectations are still low and see if a change at qb ignites the team.

It actually is worse this morning. Got word of an interview where Taylor said they were not prepared.

That’s absolutely damning. You lose a team quickly that way
You would think a coach, a real one...not the one we have...could BOTH prepare a team to win AND test some players/rotations to dial in his lineups. What are games where we are favored by 26 point good for if not those very things?

You would think a coach, a real one...not the one we have...could BOTH prepare a team to win AND test some players/rotations to dial in his lineups. What are games where we are favored by 26 point good for if not those very things?

I don’t breathe easy until my team is at least up by two scores. That way I know one play can’t lose the game.

At some point yesterday, if that’s really what they were doing, that stuff had to be scrapped and you go with only your best.

But, again, of greater concern is that so many guys played and yet everyone looked tired and slow. How were they not fresh and have energy

Reactions: LittleVol
I really appreciate the 90's more and more. We will probably never see that again.

I used to get angry when we would lose a game back then. That happens when you only lose 1 or 2 games a year. The loss sticks with you for months

Now, and it's been this way for a long time, I only feel slight disappointment. A loss sticks with you until Monday

Yesterday made me appreciate Rick Barnes even more. I mean I'll likely forget it when we drop a game we need to win next season, but still.

Reactions: vols 30
I don’t breathe easy until my team is at least up by two scores. That way I know one play can’t lose the game.

At some point yesterday, if that’s really what they were doing, that stuff had to be scrapped and you go with only your best.

But, again, of greater concern is that so many guys played and yet everyone looked tired and slow. How were they not fresh and have energy
I have no answers. But i know cupcakes aren't scheduled just to fill in gaps on the schedule. The warm ups are meant to be glorified scrimmages.

Timing issues, procedural penalties, alignment and squad personnel issues, substitution mistakes are expected as both coaches and players knock off the rust. But no enthusiasm for the game? Trotting out teams who are unprepared?

Coaching is the problem. You saw it with zook, muschamp, and Mcelwain. We see it with Dools, butch, and pruitt.

We have serious issues in our program.

Reactions: Rockyjr
I would begin by firing the D. Corinator. Next would be the o.line coach and then every coach left would have salary redued by 100K for each game loss there after.

I have no answers. But i know cupcakes aren't scheduled just to fill in gaps on the schedule. The warm ups are meant to be glorified scrimmages.

Timing issues, procedural penalties, alignment and squad personnel issues, substitution mistakes are expected as both coaches and players knock off the rust. But no enthusiasm for the game? Trotting out teams who are unprepared?

Coaching is the problem. You saw it with zook, muschamp, and Mcelwain. We see it with Dools, butch, and pruitt.

We have serious issues in our program.

I think that really bothered me yesterday is when it seemed like they were literally treating it like a scrimmage. They didn't look like they cared and situations like the offensive series before the half it looked like Pruitt/Chaney wanted to work on fundamentals more than trying to score. I was speechless.

Reactions: NATHAN05

I would start working the back channels for sure. I would also start working the boosters to raise big dollars for a real coach.

We need $5+ million per year and enough to pay the buyouts for Pruitt and the new coach.

Fire Jeremy Pruitt and name Jim Chaney as interim head coach for the rest of the 2019.Then I would fully expect that Phil Fulmer will lose his job as Tennessee AD after the season and a new Tennessee AD who's friendly with Jimmy Haslam will be hired soon after.

I couldn't sleep. I woke up and realized we lost to GA st. There's nothing to be excited about for football season anymore. But of course we're not going to make any changes because were TN and we decide to wait to long to make a chnage and we ultimately end up paying the price for it. I'm so tired of not being relevant. Walking in the grocery store yesterday with my gear on was pretty humiliating to say the least.

Reactions: VolFan4life24

VN Store

Back