Next 11 games

Saw from someone else earlier this week (don't remember who) that we don't play a team outside the KenPom top 100 till Mizzou on February 22

Reactions: BigDave
Sharing this from Grant Ramey & Will Warren, might be useful for those who like to run for the nearest cliff after a loss…

Yes, I've been thinking this is the meat of our schedule. I don't think it's out of the question we can be 8-3 if we are on our game, but we could easily be worse.

Our performance Saturday will probably tell us a lot about what to expect from this stretch. We've struggled mightily against 3 of the 4 best teams we have played and lost two of those games. Small sample size, but if we lay another egg Saturday offensively I suspect we'll be much closer to that Top 40: 5-6 mark than 8-3.

Really interested to see what happens.

Reactions: Kosmalski
The Memphis game is really important (certainly not make or break but important). Hate to see them start that stretch off with a loss to Memphis giving what’s coming.

However I “think” they will get it done.

Our performance Saturday will probably tell us a lot about what to expect from this stretch. We've struggled mightily against 3 of the 4 best teams we have played and lost two of those games. Small sample size, but if we lay another egg Saturday offensively I suspect we'll be much closer to that Top 40: 5-6 mark than 8-3.

Really interested to see what happens.

Nova, Texas Tech and ?

Colorado. We didn’t exactly shoot great in that game. 6-24 from 3. Picked it up a bit towards the end but I don’t think that type of performance beats Memphis. My comment was strictly about offense.
Gotcha…didn’t think we were bad, weren’t great, but 1.0ppp is solid against a team like Colorado.

Gotcha…didn’t think we were bad, weren’t great, but 1.0ppp is solid against a team like Colorado.

Yeah, the last 10 minutes of the second half we played some great basketball. That certainly helped the PPP stat out. I just don’t know how much success we’ll have working it inside against Memphis so I don’t know if we can afford to shoot 25% from 3 and win.

We have shot the ball terribly in 2 of 3 neutral site games so hopefully it'll all even out in this one. We can learn from those experiences along with winning in a tough road environment post-COVID fan restrictions. No excuses, Fulkerson, JJJ, and Vescovi need to lead the way for the newcomers here.

Hoping Chandler and BHH really ball out in this one. I also hope Nkamhoua can finally show out against a real opponent.

I think we win by a margin in the 8-12 point range. That Alabama loss will help us out a bunch.

Our record will ultimately depend on how many minutes CRB plays Plavisc over BHH and Bailey over Powell. I cringe every time I see Plavisc at the scorers table and Bailey Jack up a 3

Our record will ultimately depend on how many minutes CRB plays Plavisc over BHH and Bailey over Powell. I cringe every time I see Plavisc at the scorers table and Bailey Jack up a 3
I don’t feel like either of those decisions really caused our losses so far even though they’re annoying. I don’t mind playing Plavsic 5 minutes or so especially with big opponents. Bailey about the same I guess.

Some really tough road games in there. Unless our big boys suddenly start showing some umph, I'm seeing 6-5 if they win Saturday. But I'm always the ultra peminist.

I don’t know what we did to the SEC to get the start to the SEC schedule that we got. @Alabama, @lsu @kentucky for 3 of the first 5 games. And 4 of the first 6 on the road.

VN Store

Back