New way too early top 25

I can't see where Texas is better having added very little and lost quite a few players. I think they are good as is Iowa, but I think were going to be better than both of them. I think were in the group with SC. UConn, and Stanford and don't see any of them with any kind of huge advantage next season.

I can't see where Texas is better having added very little and lost quite a few players. I think they are good as is Iowa, but I think were going to be better than both of them. I think were in the group with SC. UConn, and Stanford and don't see any of them with any kind of huge advantage next season.

and he kept them there not even mentioning their addition of Taylor Jones through the portal smh

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I tend to agree. They did pick-up a decent transfer, but they are a one woman show. It’s a really fun show to watch, but not the #5 show in the country.

No clue how they are coming up with Texas at #4 either. They’ll be decent but no way they have a better team than us IMO.

Creme is, as usual, way off base and doing a lot of (very poor) guessing. Still can’t fathom why ESPN has him covering womens college basketball. There are about 50 young black women with media/communications degrees I can think of that would do a better job and identify more with the players/viewers. He’s an out of touch, old, white UCONN fan. ESPNs coverage of wbb is garbage. The UT media department does a better job covering the sport.
Not too bad. You were able to slam someone for age, gender and race all in one post. Keep at it, looks like your wokeness is almost complete.

Reactions: allen phillips
UConn has guards but they look shaky in the post Freshmen are never up to the task of consistent play against upper classmen and they will have difficulty scoring enough inside. So if teams are smart enough to cut off their perimeter game like SC did in the title game then they will lose a few next season. Stanford still is strong in the post lost quite a bit of guard strength and any team that can guard the perimeter effectively can beat either of Stanford or UConn. SC of course is still the team to deal with. Their inside game of Boston, Saxon, and Cardoso is still the best in WCCB, but we closed the gap with Key, Franklin, and Hollingshead. I am inclined to like Horston and Jackson over Cooke and Beale JMO of course, but I think we could have an edge there if we get the play out of our two that I think were going to get. Point guard Powell vs Fletcher is no better than even for them if Raven is ready they then get a slight edge. We don't know how the benches are going to play out, but at this time I give our bench an edge over all three of SC, UConn, and Stanford. If players like Puckett, Suarez, Wynn, Striplin, Miles, and Darby improve any at all that is some solid help when players rest. Justine could at anytime get hot and fire four or five threes in a row she is quite consistent at making 38 percent or better every season she has played. We hope to see a different Walker as well with her probably no longer a point guard.

Get out of here Charlie Creme, sick of hearing you....LOL
kick-butt.gif

UConn has guards but they look shaky in the post Freshmen are never up to the task of consistent play against upper classmen and they will have difficulty scoring enough inside. So if teams are smart enough to cut off their perimeter game like SC did in the title game then they will lose a few next season. Stanford still is strong in the post lost quite a bit of guard strength and any team that can guard the perimeter effectively can beat either of Stanford or UConn. SC of course is still the team to deal with. Their inside game of Boston, Saxon, and Cardoso is still the best in WCCB, but we closed the gap with Key, Franklin, and Hollingshead. I am inclined to like Horston and Jackson over Cooke and Beale JMO of course, but I think we could have an edge there if we get the play out of our two that I think were going to get. Point guard Powell vs Fletcher is no better than even for them if Raven is ready they then get a slight edge. We don't know how the benches are going to play out, but at this time I give our bench an edge over all three of SC, UConn, and Stanford. If players like Puckett, Suarez, Wynn, Striplin, Miles, and Darby improve any at all that is some solid help when players rest. Justine could at anytime get hot and fire four or five threes in a row she is quite consistent at making 38 percent or better every season she has played. We hope to see a different Walker as well with her probably no longer a point guard.
Juhasz and Edwards will give UConn a solid (if unspectacular) frontline, even better if Griffin is back and healthy. They will have the luxury of bringing in their freshmen slowly off the bench, plus they have sophomore DeBerry with a year under her belt. I agree the key to beat them will be to dominate their post players...which can be done by teams like SC or Stanford. Not sure if Tennessee counts, unless they decide to just pound the ball inside to Key every time down, which is not their game. Even then, she hasn't shown that she's the kind of player that can just demand the ball and command the paint against players her size.

Stanford for me is the interesting one and how Betts fits in. If she's college ready by the start of conference play, a frontcourt of Brink and Betts will be mighty scary.

Not sure I agree with your SC vs. Tenn bench assessment. Amihere, Cardoso, Feagin, Johnson and the two freshmen are much stronger and athletic than the Tenn bench.

Not to mention Vic lost most of his coaching staff as well.

Not to mention Vic lost most of his coaching staff as well.
I can't see them as being much better than last season. I guess they are expecting a lot of improvement out of the freshmen players. Some of the players they lost were doing a lot for them on the floor. Texas is still a very good team don't see them as number four.

Im with you i dnt see the love infatuation with uconn no doubt there going to be good but to me there in the same boat as iowa its a one woman show they dnt have a dominant post and if theyre planning on counting on freshmen then its gone be a long season fudd is good but alot of that is predicated on people creating for her to me its 2 teams that can match our talent and depth and thats stanford and south carolina and even then one thing that seperates us from everyone else is everyone on this roster besides pissott and rennie hve played major mins in important games rather for us or the transfers with there respective teams so kellie can put trust in anyone she brings off that bench..

Last edited:
I'm at a little bit of a loss. Why all the hate for Creme? I've not been on the LV board super long, so if I've missed something from year's past, I apologize.

I'm at a little bit of a loss. Why all the hate for Creme? I've not been on the LV board super long, so if I've missed something from year's past, I apologize.
Not really hate just indifference to anything he does. He doesn't have the greatest record when it comes to the information he provides.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Juhasz and Edwards will give UConn a solid (if unspectacular) frontline, even better if Griffin is back and healthy. They will have the luxury of bringing in their freshmen slowly off the bench, plus they have sophomore DeBerry with a year under her belt. I agree the key to beat them will be to dominate their post players...which can be done by teams like SC or Stanford. Not sure if Tennessee counts, unless they decide to just pound the ball inside to Key every time down, which is not their game. Even then, she hasn't shown that she's the kind of player that can just demand the ball and command the paint against players her size.

Stanford for me is the interesting one and how Betts fits in. If she's college ready by the start of conference play, a frontcourt of Brink and Betts will be mighty scary.

Not sure I agree with your SC vs. Tenn bench assessment. Amihere, Cardoso, Feagin, Johnson and the two freshmen are much stronger and athletic than the Tenn bench.

Not sure I agree with your assessment of SCs bench. I haven't seen enough of Feagin or Johnson yet and will the two freshmen even see the floor? If it's like last year they won't so i don't know how much of a factor they will be. In return, we have seen what the freshmen can do against top competition along with Jillian and Jasmine Franklin.

Not saying it's overwhelming but i don't know k exactly tip it heavily in SCs favor...

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Tennessee looks good enough on paper right now to become the #1 team in WBB during the season. All we need is health. These predictions, game analysis, etc are good for discussion. Just part of sports. The players Tennessee added and the core returning is second to none. I loved the excitement our incoming players are showing to be apart of the LVs. They’re a family. They’re confident. I expect the staff to play at least 11 possibly 12 players every game. Teams won’t be able to match this kind of talent for 4 quarters. Can’t wait for the season to start.. I’ll take this roster against anyone in the country and I mean it. Teams like Texas, UConn, Stanford, and South Carolina don’t have any advantage over Tennessee.
Iowa has no business being ranked ahead of Tennessee.
Fun times on Rocky Top 🍊.

If you knowledgeable boarders would predict (way to early) the final eight teams in no particular order who would be on your list?

aside: the LVs were #4 last December - Way to Early.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back