New walk-on?

Guess I'll just wait and see if he is also there for the first game. No he wasn't in the layup lines but neither was Bailey or Uros, they all three were standing together giving the guys high fives after they made the layup. He was wearing sweats and sit on the bench and got up in huddles like he was on the team, wasn't in a suit like Lucas Campbell and Brad Woodson was either.
Can you screenshot him from the game video? I'm missing it.

Bailey and Plavsic wore grey warmup pants. Everybody else was in O&W. The Twitter video doesn't load for me, but I only counted 12 others in the layup lines. Bailey and Plavsic stood under the basket for the final warmup drills.

Opening night snafu BTW... nobody brought out any basketballs when the final warmups were supposed to start. About 10 guys took fake reps without a basketball. Nearly a $200M AD budget and nobody figured out that somebody needs to be in charge of bringing out some basketballs.
There were 2 black players in grey sweatpants.Neither could be Plavsic.Bailey is one,who is the other?

Reactions: Willy14
No, I know who that is too, I know who everyone is that’s why I noticed this guy. Am I the only one that sees this guy or am I just crazy??

Not seeing him, but I'm sure he's there somewhere...

giphy.gif

Last edited:
If I am a guard I would definitely be walking on right now. You never know how things pan out and UT could use another true point guard.

Know it's just one exhibition, but I'm not seeing Kent as an answer...this season at least. Need a big.

I'm not giving up on Kent just yet. On the offensive end he can legitimately hang out beyond the 3-point line.

On defense he has good size and it kind of seems like he has a little bit of a nasty attitude. If he can stay healthy it won't surprise me at all to see him contribute.

I'm not giving up on Kent just yet. On the offensive end he can legitimately hang out beyond the 3-point line.

On defense he has good size and it kind of seems like he has a little bit of a nasty attitude. If he can stay healthy it won't surprise me at all to see him contribute.

He can flat shoot and he does have the mean look going.

I was wondering who it was too. I was wondering if it was someone off the football team. I kind of remember a recruit talking about playing both sports. If it was a football player, it’d explain why he missed the TipOff because it was the night before a football game. Also it would explain why he’s not listed on the roster yet on basketball. They might just be honoring a promise to him in recruiting. The percentage of it lasting isn’t high.

Finally took the time to go through the game video and find this guy and get some screenshots of him. Anyone have any ideas? It's driving me crazy lol

8e7d6a64d76f8a53cd33d30fe2fa1734.png
bb96e41267fb952bad854806ae6375fd.png
b70f73e385c82be9823d4daef32a258c.jpg
efa5dbaa018e5b54b9d3a840489cab93.png

Finally took the time to go through the game video and find this guy and get some screenshots of him. Anyone have any ideas? It's driving me crazy lol

8e7d6a64d76f8a53cd33d30fe2fa1734.png
bb96e41267fb952bad854806ae6375fd.png
b70f73e385c82be9823d4daef32a258c.jpg
efa5dbaa018e5b54b9d3a840489cab93.png
Yes that is him, I have no clue. Going to be at the game on Tuesday night and see if he is there again.

Did he do anything that recruits aren't allowed to do? Maybe he was here for a visit, but don't they usually arrive closer to the weekend? Perhaps a local recruit or a current student being considered as a 3rd walk-on.

Still nothing on this mystery guy? He looks closer to 21 than 17. So walking or transfer is more likely than recruit.

Reactions: Vols All Day
He is currently standing in between victor bailey and drew pember wearing the white shirt and sweatpants. He is basically with the hurt/ineligible players

Reactions: Vols All Day
Yep. Can confirm.
Does anyone have info on this guy?? If he is a new walk on, why isn’t he warming up/dressing? I’m ignorant on the walk on process, so is there a waiting period or a process that takes a little bit to be a walk on?

This international man of mystery must be identified. How is it no one among the diehard lifers does no know? The inside sources with their fingers on the pulse? They give us all kinds of useless rumors but nothing now.

Since no one else will dare tell and I've been drinking I shall now reveal his identity. See Phillip Fulmer and Rick Barnes are geniuses. Since the new rule allowing student athletes has passed and they know Dos Equis is looking for a replacement spokesman they have let Xavier Xanders, a little known point guard from a small town in Tennessee who was once an aspiring prospect until he was arrested for underage drinking with a bus full of nuns, walk on.

I got this from a reliable source. The bottle caps of a 12 pack of Amstel Light.

Last edited:
I've heard from someone who is close to Lamonte say that it is Bobby Maze's brother. Not sure of his name though.

Someone should just yell “who are you???” In the middle of warmups.

Spongebob reference for those who don’t get it lol

Reactions: johnfnkelly
I've heard from someone who is close to Lamonte say that it is Bobby Maze's brother. Not sure of his name though.

Bobby Maze was at the game tonight. He’s there pretty often, so not sure that makes this scenario any more likely.

Actually the pattern of the braids makes that seem plausible.

This time I'm being serious. Look at old pictures of when maze had braids. Same style of braid and they do slightly favor each other. Braids are like fingerprints of the person who did them. I can tell when my neices get their braids from their mom or if their grandmom got ahold of em that week. Just saying we got some superawesome volnation detective work going on. We (especially me) will all be wrong in the emd but the journey will be a blast. Tommorow morning we will find out no one was there it was aftereffects from radiation leakage from oak ridge making us all suffer mass hallucinations.

Why can't the hallucinations be some 6'11' post that's eligible next week?

Last edited:
Reactions: Special Ed

VN Store

Back