New Trey Smith Article (had blood clots) [Cleared to play]

Tremendous news for the team, but even better for Trey and his family. Very serious and scary thing to have hovering.
I have multiple family members with artery clogging and clotting issues and it's very nerve wracking!!! It's definitely good that they have a good plan and all the support in the world, to catch anything that may come up.

Reactions: Pruitt Will Do It
Is it enough for you? Trey will be constantly monitored and rechecked. This is a serious health issue that isn't over but being treated and monitored.

If anything this verifies the legitimate concerns and sheds light on the fake "cleared" reports, and that his return was ABSOLUTELY in question.

It was, in fact, a clotting condition. In fact, i stated this months ago and I'm pretty sure you were on here questioning that. I do recall being berated on here for mentioning that it was a clotting issue and told I didn't know anything.

Thanks for taking this opportunity to celebrate Trey and making it all about you.
You don’t read good...do ya? 😏

At his age its a good sign its a genetic condition most likely, and not something that will go away. Hopefully he stays healthy, but I wouldn't be shocked if he isn't playing anything this time in 5 years.

Scary stuff. Hope and pray he doesn't have any reoccurrences.

Might ding him a bit in the draft. Might cause him to stay another year to prove he is healthy too.

I wonder what caused it. Deep down I want to blame the previous coaching staff but I doubt they had much if any influence on the affliction.

ACtually exercise should lower the chance of happening. Pooling / stagnant blood clots ... think blood clots in lower legs after long plane ride. Why you should pump your calves and or walk around mid flight.

Make sure he flies First Class or Business Class. Coach class is linked to Deep Vein Thrombosis clotting.

The article indicates he has a risk just walking the shoe leather the rest of his life whether he played football or not. Sounds like they have it treated correctly and he will be better monitored as an athlete due to his conditioning and being one of the best college football players in the game than one of us average yokels. Trey and his family made the best decision and I support them.

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
The article indicates he has a risk just walking the shoe leather the rest of his life whether he played football or not. Sounds like they have it treated correctly and he will be better monitored as an athlete due to his conditioning and being one of the best college football players in the game than one of us average yokels. Trey and his family made the best decision and I support them.

Maybe in the not too distant future technology will be able to spot these thing in the very early stages and be more preventative rather that reactive medicine.

Happy for Trey... PE’s ...many people die from PE’s...serious indeed... I had them 5 years ago and was totally A symptomatic...found on a upper GI scan....Hopefully Trey will be ok but it’s a dangerous situation. I didn’t believe I had them and at the hospital the room was full of on staff friends including the doctor and we were cutting up having a great time when the doctor friend walked back in after confirmation and ran everybody out, leaned over and whispered in my ear....”This is very very serious “... that got my attention!!!!

You gotta love this guy! His attitude and love for Tennessee is second to none! Thank God he is allowed to play this game! Praying for this young man! Go Trey and GO VOLS!

Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited he'll be playing, but I hope it doesn't cause issues.

Glad he is going to be ok.

Only we could find another way to keep a player off the field. This has to be rare for young men.

Isn't that what Tommie Frazier had that sidelined him a lot? Great player. I hope Trey doesn't have further issues with it.

VN Store

Back