New Texas coach

Wow!

I have no idea whether Vic Schaeffer is a cheater in either recruiting or rules relating to allowable practice time (as so many coaches are),

I'm told a couple of well-known MSU grads (one in particular not a Vic fan) spoke about Vic's 4-hour practices. This was said after they had graduated.

agree with everything said

I look for vast improvement in TK

Emily is the wild card. With her, as with Mercedes Russell it is a question of two things:

What she will do to improve herself physically, via her own workouts and those PT's who train her... When I see the more fluid movement of Russell in the pros compared to how she moved in college, there is a vast difference in her influences and fluidity.

Finding her role...She is not a Center, in my estimation, she is a power forward. SHe is physically and visually more threatening than TK, but I don't see it transpire into her on-court play. I think working her out right beside KK would be the way to go. Give me Em's look with KK's work ethic and pepper in Jaiden's game-face and you have the ultimate paint warrior
You’re right I’ve been able to find some clips of em in his school and all honesty I would’ve red shirted her. We would’ve up her stamina, added muscle, foot work, post presences offensively and defensively... and watch a ton of Alison bales former Duke player and Lauren Cox because she can truly play similar to their style.

Coach Brown is extremely positive on Key and feels she is the difference maker, that is if she would get more serious about her position....On a radio interview he said he did not think she was going to continue her high school basketball talents in college...She did not seem that interested in basketball....She sure did get tired quickly, and was not as strong in the post as one with her size should be....Being positive, I sure hope she comes back a beast of a player and wants it all this time....
Me to because omg her potential is limitless she could all honestly be a player of the year and any other award there is if she maximize her potential. She’s seems to miss playing though she follows me on ig she’s always posting clips from the season so hopefully she put the work in. Because I really want her sister to come to Tennessee as well.

Reactions: Lucy and GameTime
Shaka Smart...Charlie Strong...They know how to do it

Texas is the poster child for going out and spending the money to hire a can't-miss coach...and then having it fail miserably. I don't think Vic will fail, but Texas over the last decade has shown that just because you're willing to spend the money doesn't mean you'll automatically have a winner.

Want to know the value of a good coach...watch Miss St for the next four years

It is amazing how most programs flatten out, when the catalyst that drove them to the top, or near the top, is gone....Whenever I hear the name UCLA, I still think of John Wooden...Their message board is probably still talking about their good ol' days too...

Texas is the poster child for going out and spending the money to hire a can't-miss coach...and then having it fail miserably. I don't think Vic will fail, but Texas over the last decade has shown that just because you're willing to spend the money doesn't mean you'll automatically have a winner.

very true. Gail G was a flop

Vic is one heck of a coach. I like Harper but if he was available last year and we did not pursue then someone should get fired. Did Fulmer handle that search?

According to one of our beat writers, he was offered the Tennessee job and turned it down. It was nothing personal against Tennessee, but he was only going to take a job to move back to Texas. Of course, we all thought if would be Texas A&M.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Anyone who thinks its just the college that is the reason for excellence and not the coach just needs to look at Indiana lost Bobby Knight.

I agree. I've always said we would go back to the cellar when Vic left. It happens at every school in every sport. Being an elite program is fluid.

It's just really difficult to pull a sitting, elite head coach. We had the same issue in baseball a few years ago. We tried to pull a sitting head coach and couldn't do it. Vic left because he wanted to move back home. His son had already moved back, and his parents live in Austin. His sister lives in Dallas.

I agree. I've always said we would go back to the cellar when Vic left. It happens at every school in every sport. Being an elite program is fluid.

It's just really difficult to pull a sitting, elite head coach. We had the same issue in baseball a few years ago. We tried to pull a sitting head coach and couldn't do it. Vic left because he wanted to move back home. His son had already moved back, and his parents live in Austin. His sister lives in Dallas.

We know how it feels to lose your leader......No fan base is immune to that sinking feeling when your coach leaves, or retires....The good folks at UConn will find out too. It's the pits.

Before I'd even read your post, I was feelin' sad for all the Bulldog fans. (I've had some wonderful friends among your grads)

As for Vic's decision: if this current crisis doesn't give you pause to reconsider your priorities, your aspirations, and the importance of being near family...

Wishing y'all no bad luck in your search for a replacement, BF1999!

Reactions: BulldogFan1999
I wasn't hurt...it was kind of funny.....sorry you got hurt over my opinion of your statement.
What opinion? You flat out made one of the most idiotic statements I’ve read. But like most here believe they probably should just listen to this board cause we’d for sure would never leave the top 5

Before I'd even read your post, I was feelin' sad for all the Bulldog fans. (I've had some wonderful friends among your grads)

As for Vic's decision: if this current crisis doesn't give you pause to reconsider your priorities, your aspirations, and the importance of being near family...

Wishing y'all no bad luck in your search for a replacement, BF1999!

Thanks! My mom actually received her PhD from Tennessee, so I root for y'all when you're not playing State.

Reactions: mcannon1
I'm curious why you think Vic is a cheater? I've seen nothing from him to indicate that he runs anything but a clean program that he built from the ground up through a lot of hard work and engagement with the community. I'm sure Kellie has a lot of pressure on her too, but I doubt that she would compromise her integrity. I think most of the top coaches are the same way.

I don’t, really. Just because I have doubts doesn’t mean I’m convinced he’s a cheater. Any doubts I have are pretty much universal for practically all coaches these days, to be honest — at least for minor infractions.

For some reason, though, I can’t see Tara VanDerveer cheating. Nor Gary Blair. I also would be shocked to find out that Kellie Harper cheated. There are others, but I don’t think anyone cares. lol

I personally think Gary Blair isn't the kindly old grandfather type he tries to portray. I may be totally wrong but there are some things I have observed and heard that just don't add up. Hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: WVU05UT09
I'm curious why you think Vic is a cheater? I've seen nothing from him to indicate that he runs anything but a clean program that he built from the ground up through a lot of hard work and engagement with the community.

Because any team ahead of Tennessee must be cheating...

Reactions: olddog and gule

VN Store

Back