New Tennessee metal

Yeah. That was the only way Sullivan county got the jump on Washington county (Johnson City.) They were 6. Kingsport had TEC and other industrial companies that fell by the wayside. JC had the school and everything that went with it. Don't get me wrong...not bitter. I went back to school and graduated from ETSU. EVERYONE hates Steve Spurrier.

BTW finally got through to county clerk's office and was told to go ahead and purchase the tag. Guess I will.

I got my new plate today. I asked if anyone could put it on for me (still wearing splint for CTS,) the clerk said she would. And she did. I asked her what was being done to remedy the situation with the plates. She said that "they" were going to change all scanners and cameras. I said: Wow that's going to cost taxpayers a lot of money. She said: Not as much as changing the plates. She laughed, saying: Some genius did not research this well. I said: It was probably a man. They can't even get paint swatches at Lowe's right.

I went down there in person today to avoid paying the $5 extra (twice). Two expiring.

Get an Austin Peay tag

That is quite good. There are several red colleges as we (ahem) all know. It looks like another option would be winning the congressional medal or honor. They should give that one to you free.

While I was in there today the whole time I was thinking about whether I'd pay the $60 to have something (anything) that's not navy blue on a red collector car. Dummy me, I didn't think about the Antique Auto plate. It's B&W and doesn't cost much.

New plates do not seem as wide, maybe it's just a color thing. It didn't screw in flush on my bumper; it flares out a bit at the bottom. I noticed the same on other cars. I guess it just has to settle down.

Yep. Let's talk about Long Island on the north Holston river. Interesting. That's in Kingsport. Erwin boys were a crazy lot. They fought. Still mad and mean.

Last edited:
Yeah. So they say. Still, I don't flip off anyone with a Unicoi county tag.

220px-Hillshaveeyesposter.jpg

Reactions: Toujours Pret
Yeah. I'd say there are a lot of stolen tags in east Tennessee. Mostly by southwest Virginians.

VN Store

Back