NEW SEC TOURNEY INFO

Or the teams could play day/night double headers like the major league teams do when they have inclement weather.
You’re going to need more fields though. There’s no way to keep this as double elimination and get that many games in on Friday and Saturday unless they start at 8am and go to a start time at 10 or 11pm. With games being a no-go tomorrow, assuming the weather holds as forecasted, you’d have to play like 8 games in 1 day, it’s not feasible without a separate venue.

And let's be blunt, one on the primary concerns of the SEC office is how can we get Alabama into the NCAA tournament. Not saying that will be the primary concern but I am certain it played a role in the cancellation of that last game against in-state Auburn.

If it takes a double-elimination tournament to get Alabama into the field, then we'll all be playing a double elimination tournament.

Why we all still allow the preeminent college sports conference to be run out of a de facto third world country; is beyond my understanding.
I don’t know why we would cater to a sub-par baseball program. Bama hasn’t been relevant in baseball since 1997.

Reactions: Orange Swagger
And let's be blunt, one on the primary concerns of the SEC office is how can we get Alabama into the NCAA tournament. Not saying that will be the primary concern but I am certain it played a role in the cancellation of that last game against in-state Auburn.

If it takes a double-elimination tournament to get Alabama into the field, then we'll all be playing a double elimination tournament.

Why we all still allow the preeminent college sports conference to be run out of a de facto third world country; is beyond my understanding.
I know I hate it took.

You’re going to need more fields though. There’s no way to keep this as double elimination and get that many games in on Friday and Saturday unless they start at 8am and go to a start time at 10 or 11pm. With games being a no-go tomorrow, assuming the weather holds as forecasted, you’d have to play like 8 games in 1 day, it’s not feasible without a separate venue.

The Loser's Bracket can be played over at Hoover high school.

Home of the Sucka's

If this is true, it means we’d just have to beat Vandy and (likely) LSU to get to the championship. Margin for error is zero and we’re at a disadvantage due to pitching depth being our strength (which comes into play with more games) but I like this lineup against anyone.
If that happens, this tournament truly becomes meaningless.

Weather isn't clearing up immediately, tomorrow's forecast is even worse than today's. If game 4 is played today, it will probably be the only one.

Sankey needs to come up with a better plan.

Unfortunately, Greg Sankey will continue to stick it to Tennessee every chance he gets. The tournament should be played as originally planned with the double elimination in effect as well. The next thing that needs to be accomplished is to move the baseball tournament out of Birmingham to some other place.....maybe Memphis and their stadium.

Dont jam in a bunch of games Sat and Sun just to get this "useless" tournament in. Some teams start regionals Thursday. Playing a bunch of games this weekend makes no sense.

Agreed. The SEC needs to be careful. They could do a lot of harm to the conference and their post-season performance if they exhaust teams because of the incompetence of the leadership and bad luck due to weather. Don’t force the issue.

I'm just guessing, so someone please confirm: Won't Tennessee (and each team in the conference) receive more TV money if there are more SEC teams and/or games by SEC teams in the NCAA Tourney?

I like the fact that no one will have more than 1 loss.
Scrap tomorrow and just start Friday for 3 days. 8-4-2 single elimination. It’s just that simple
If so, and we make Omaha then we would be guaranteed to have no more than 12 losses at season’s end.

Who doesn't like playing a sports event at 9:30 in the morning? Yawn.

Conference tourneys in all sports are unnecessary and a waste of time. You play 30 regular season games; that's more than enough to decide whether any team deserves to be in the NCAA tourney or not. Basketball is the same but slightly better as it's single elimination.

Weather isn't clearing up immediately, tomorrow's forecast is even worse than today's. If game 4 is played today, it will probably be the only one.

Sankey needs to come up with a better plan.
Sankey will probably suggest an indoor whiffle ball tournament.

VN Store

Back