NEW SEC TOURNEY INFO

I was deeply involved in the planning of an event involving sororities throwing water balloons at each other to raise money for charity.

By deeply involved, I mean I drank a lot of cheap domestic light beer and watched it.

The only contingency was what if we ran out of beer or water balloons.
I hope you planned for the event tee shirts to be white.

You and the SEC should never forget that if it weren't for that "common fan" there wouldn't be a SEC.

Didn't need an explanation on TBD. Clearly you're missing my point. But hey if you're OK with how things being handled then OK. I"ll side with those that are frustrated with the SEC.
I've umpired and been on boards of multiple baseball tournaments. I know how frustrating rain delays can be. But hey, you want to sit here and be miserable and whine when you have never been in the situation, you do you.

I've umpired and been on boards of multiple baseball tournaments. I know how frustrating rain delays can be. But hey, you want to sit here and be miserable and whine when you have never been in the situation, you do you.

You're a hoot

it’s cool that the SEC Network is showing Tennessee Spring Access, but clearly shows they don’t understand their audience by showing football content to fans waiting for a baseball game.

You're a hoot
Again, when you're completely clueless about how the things are handled, it's very easy to act like you know how to do it. I've given you all the logistical issues with the proposed "contingency plans" that you and others think can happen on a whim, yet you're too thickheaded to actually comprehend it. Have a good one.

We miss you, the Baseball forum is falling apart. It’s turning into the Wild West. @OldTimer just yelled at us in one of the other threads to get our acts together.
By the way, why are you reposting from the Gator’s Twitter account?

Because they were the first to update the new time. As for the rest, this time of year, all game threads are the Wild West.

Because they were the first to update the new time. As for the rest, this time of year, all game threads are the Wild West.
TRUTH, partner!

Attachments

• Chuck Connors.JPG
    Chuck Connors.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: chuckiepoo
There is a 0% chance this thing is cancelled. We may have nothing to play for but good luck telling Alabama and Kentucky their season is over. Or telling Florida and LSU trying to position themselves as regional hosts that they’re out of luck. Tennessee is probably the only team that doesn’t care about being in Hoover right now. Everyone else has something to play for.

Not sure to agree or not. But respect what you say as we have been in the "also ran" position in the past. However, I don't know or understand how winning by lower seeds to other lower seeds can have much of an effect on the powers that decide who goes forward. The only real advantage winning as a lower seed is that it can show a little about depth that may not have shown during the season (primarily pitching) or the big-un, who's hot. When things get pushed back like this and other SEC baseball tourneys have in the past, just call it off and go home.

It’s not getting cancelled. Enough already. Teams want to win it. I guarantee our guys want to win it! It’s been 20 something years since we have. They want to change that. If you are competitive which clearly you aren’t, you would want to win it as well.

I wonder why someone always has to lower the level of a conversation/debate to a "personal" level - - -

I wonder why someone always has to lower the level of a conversation/debate to a "personal" level - - -
I've been trying to delete posts like this, this one slipped by........debating is healthy, when you start getting personal, myself, 66, and the other mods try and step in and delete the nonsense.

I've been trying to delete posts like this, this one slipped by........debating is healthy, when you start getting personal, myself, 66, and the other mods try and step in and delete the nonsense.

I don't really mind the "getting personal" I have fairly tough skin (be 80 years old in a few days so had plenty of time to toughen up). I can usually see problems starting within a thread and normally just move on. My problem is that there are many, I mean MEAN great threads that start out in a great fashion and degenerate into useless babble about an apposed post on the subject at hand. So sad that so many posters lower themselves to a level of behavior that becomes so personally abusive to each other.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back