New QB Commit- Tayven Jackson

I read these each week. It seems like the offense really emphasizes the run. Do you see Tayven taking a redshirt year to adjust to the collegiate game before he is able to compete for playing time?
I could see him taking a redshirt for sure to get installed into Heupels offense and used to the college game.

That said though, I'm not sure Heupel has the luxury of a QB next year to allow that to happen.

Reactions: VAVol85
Had the pleasure of driving up to Greenwood and seeing Tayven play in person Friday evening.

Another solid performance going 10-16 for 193 yds with 2 TDs and zero INTs.

While not gaining any yards on the ground, I was most impressed with his ability to roll out to either edge and keep a play alive long enough for setting down field to develop. Add a few pounds and a few months of coaching under Heupel and Azle and the future looks promising for sure.

With all the excitement around this weekend, almost forgot to update this thread.

So another big win for Tayven and Center Grove. He was 12-15 through the air for 202 yds but did make a mistake and land his 2nd interception of the season. Also added 22 on the ground.

I'm liking his accuracy a LOT.

Another week, another win by Tayven and Center Grove.

Jackson's stat line not as good as other games as he goes 9-12 for 85 yds and unfortunately another interception. He did keep the ball a couple of times but had no gains.

There are reports that he was I'll or had some type of minor injury too.

Reactions: FïreBall
Another week, another win by Tayven and Center Grove.

Jackson's stat line not as good as other games as he goes 9-12 for 85 yds and unfortunately another interception. He did keep the ball a couple of times but had no gains.

There are reports that he was I'll or had some type of minor injury too.

They don’t throw the ball around much. He will be a very raw prospect based on the stats I’ve seen and film I’ve watched. Great arm and good mobility, very much a prototype for the Heupfense. Hard to see him starting as a freshman, but definitely has a bright future with the vols!

Another week, another win as Tayven Jackson and Center Grove keep rolling.

Jackson was much more involved in the offense with his arm than in previous weeks and backed it up with some good stats.
Finished the evening 10-11 with 179 yds and FIVE touchdowns with ZERO interceptions.
Also added 35 yds on the ground.

They wrap up the regular season this week against No 2 ranked Indianapolis Cathedral.

VN Store

Back