New QB Commit- Tayven Jackson

Huepel recruited Milton here. Tells me he believes he can better develop his game. Milton is getting roasted on here by lots of people. He can flat out sling it...deep/short/intermediate on a line. He has great mobility. He started forcing passes and making mental mistakes as the season went on last year. Michigan is a very dysfunctional program with an old school tempered HC....a lot like Pruitt. Harbaugh has lots of shortcomings and the wheels are coming off for him. There offense has struggled in lots of games against teams is shouldn't have. Even before Milton got the starting job. I think they are even getting a new OC or shuffling the offensive staff after last season. They had the #78 total offense in 2019 and #68 in a real short season. Milton did play bad last season....but he has the athletic tool set to be really good. Maybe Heupel can help him with the accuracy and cerebral part of his game.

I'm with you. I'm very excited to see what Heupel does with Milton. The dude can absolutely launch a football, and hopefully, just needs some quality coaching.

He beat Bama 3 out of four years and both bama and florida in 2003. Not many TN QB's can say that. His away record was 14-1 (He just didn't choke.....Ice Man). ;)
His only flaw........he couldn't throw a screen pass (with touch) for crap. The only good screen pass he ever threw went for a TD against UGA, in 01'. Then Fulmer had a brain fart, and pooch kicked.

Ok folks, said I would, so I am...week one of Indiana HS football kicked off last night.

Mr. Jackson had a decent showing in the stats column as he was 10-18 and 149 yards, but no rushing yards on 1 attempt.

I think the thing those stats don't tell us is the field command he had as he spread the ball out (2 RBs at or over 100yds and threw to 6 different receivers) and was well aware what was working in game and stuck with it (yes, I realize this is a lot on the coaches but the guy on the field has to execute still).

All in all, a decent showing with very few mistakes...I'll take it.

Ok folks, said I would, so I am...week one of Indiana HS football kicked off last night.

Mr. Jackson had a decent showing in the stats column as he was 10-18 and 149 yards, but no rushing yards on 1 attempt.

I think the thing those stats don't tell us is the field command he had as he spread the ball out (2 RBs at or over 100yds and threw to 6 different receivers) and was well aware what was working in game and stuck with it (yes, I realize this is a lot on the coaches but the guy on the field has to execute still).

All in all, a decent showing with very few mistakes...I'll take it.
Thanks for the update! 350 yards is a pretty good offensive output - I assume they won? What are their prospects in the state?

JG was supposed to be the guy. Then HB was supposed to be the guy. Then Salter was supposed to be the guy. Maybe this one will actually work

Well, maybe we should stop recruiting QB guys and look for QB gals. Move over, Peyton, I'm recommending, Kaleigha Plett . She's the one.

Thanks for the update! 350 yards is a pretty good offensive output - I assume they won? What are their prospects in the state?
Yep, a nice win... actually a really good win against conference rival Indianapolis Warren Central.

Center Grove has been tapped by the media to repeat as state champs.

I don’t understand why individual recruits get threads created under the Football forum when there’s a Recruiting forum for that. It has a thread for every single recruit
I think most times when a recruit becomes a commit, they garner a thread in the football forum since they are now relevant to the future success of the Vols.

VolQuest - BREAKING: Heupel has his guy, Tayven Jackson breaks down commitment

giphy.gif

wonder why this guy didnt get more offers from bigger schools? Injury issues? Seems odd.

Week 2 of Indiana HS football is in the books. Our guy Tayven Jackson had a good outing in a pretty lopsided game against what was obvious lesser competition.

Center Grove won 52-7...it was 42-0 before halftime. They did what has worked well for them in the recent past and kept it mostly short slants and run heavy. Mr. Jackson had a little over 100 yards passing on 10 of 16 with 2 scores. Ran for right at 20 yards with an added TD on the ground. Biggest stat is zero interceptions and the 6 balls that weren't caught were onvious throw aways.

Side note, he has become the schools all time leader in passing yards in just 3 seasons.

Week 2 of Indiana HS football is in the books. Our guy Tayven Jackson had a good outing in a pretty lopsided game against what was obvious lesser competition.

Center Grove won 52-7...it was 42-0 before halftime. They did what has worked well for them in the recent past and kept it mostly short slants and run heavy. Mr. Jackson had a little over 100 yards passing on 10 of 16 with 2 scores. Ran for right at 20 yards with an added TD on the ground. Biggest stat is zero interceptions and the 6 balls that weren't caught were onvious throw aways.

Side note, he has become the schools all time leader in passing yards in just 3 seasons.

Passing leader in a run heavy offense 👍

Week 3 update for Tayven Jackson saw him lead his team to a very impressive win over the number two team in Indiana, Carmel, by 41-14.

Jackson went 9-15 for 96 yds and added 34 on the ground while managing zero interceptions.

FWIW - I wouldn't mind if Heupel and company recruited one of the two main RBs here either...one guy went for 203 and the other 135. It was impressive to watch.

Week 3 update for Tayven Jackson saw him lead his team to a very impressive win over the number two team in Indiana, Carmel, by 41-14.

Jackson went 9-15 for 96 yds and added 34 on the ground while managing zero interceptions.

FWIW - I wouldn't mind if Heupel and company recruited one of the two main RBs here either...one guy went for 203 and the other 135. It was impressive to watch.
I read these each week. It seems like the offense really emphasizes the run. Do you see Tayven taking a redshirt year to adjust to the collegiate game before he is able to compete for playing time?

VN Store

Back