New QB being Installed During Offweek

Haven't been able to develop JG in 5 years now and continue to go in that direction now that a shot at the SEC East is out of reach, no reason to not start getting ready for 2021, we're not playing in a new years day bowl this year,

JG came out of a soft private school program in New Jersey, he's a tough kid, the speed and pace of 7A ball in Georgia, Florida and Texas is a training ground for the SEC, but he was recruited to play in Butch Jones' pea shooter offense, not a Pruitt/Chaney pro style offense or whatever this sideshow is

They are 3rd in the SEC in ppg, right at 40, half way through the season. Offense isn't their issue.
Defense is, I know. I'll wait and see what they do against a real defense before I'm totally convinced..

Im sure Maurer and Bailey will get more reps than usual for sure but JG will start vs Arkansas. Don't kid yourself. Though he has to play decent games he rest of the season. I assume he finally on his last straw. Lmao.

jg played a decent game for jg, not near good enough, we only scored 17 points when bama is giving up 29 points per game. Ole miss, qb threw for 365 yards against bama. That is a decent game against bama. A decent game is certainly more than 17 points. He was still a game manager not an offensive leader. Jg holds the whole team back, and Ark. is not that bad on defense, they held ky to 10 points today. Got to score points to win, and it will take more than 17 points to beat ark.

This is why I don’t understand why Shrout & Maurer aren’t more prepared to compete for playing time. They’ve been in the system, they know the coordinator and what he wants. So, how can they not even know who to send in motion on a play or be ready to get in the game?

Also, why not put Maurer in when the game was already decided but with 9 or so minutes on the clock, so he can get some actual game experience this year? Why wait until the last 2 minutes? I just feel like we aren’t trying very hard to prepare for the next step or give the backups quality playing time.
THIS!!! I feel the same way. We are not trying to prepare our guys. The game was way out of hand by fourth. Really the third. Why not give some other guys reps knowing the problems you have had over the past two years at the QB position. It really makes me feel like Pruitt doesn’t give any other QB a shot which makes all of this way worse.

Reactions: 1vol8
Did the Rona get us last year and the year before that? And the 10 years before that?

Has the Rona been affecting coaches judgment on which QB to start the past few years?

Has JG been suffering from the Rona ever since he stepped foot on campus?

Rona hates Us.

For those digital warriors out there who don’t understand the actual schedule and challenges Tennessee has had please read

1. Due to COVID, NO backup QB has been developed due to MANDATED quarantine from contact tracing. Blame Trump, Blame Biden, Blame China, Blame whoever. You can’t train a backup in 4 practices.

2. Our QB issue is about AWARENESS and the offense. Our mistakes are due to bad decision making. A QB questioning himself.

3. Chaneys offense DEPENDS on a QB who can AUDIBLE and make MULTIPLE reads. Maybe a young gun can do this, however, you need PRACTICE to have a playbook deeper than your wristband.

I GUARANTEE QB change happening for Arkansas UNLESS COVID/HEALTH issues.

BOOK IT

Flame away
I blame it on the alcohol.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
For those digital warriors out there who don’t understand the actual schedule and challenges Tennessee has had please read

1. Due to COVID, NO backup QB has been developed due to MANDATED quarantine from contact tracing. Blame Trump, Blame Biden, Blame China, Blame whoever. You can’t train a backup in 4 practices.

2. Our QB issue is about AWARENESS and the offense. Our mistakes are due to bad decision making. A QB questioning himself.

3. Chaneys offense DEPENDS on a QB who can AUDIBLE and make MULTIPLE reads. Maybe a young gun can do this, however, you need PRACTICE to have a playbook deeper than your wristband.

BOOK IT

Flame away
If they had intentions on playing another QB at Arkansas they would have gotten a back up more meaningful reps tonight. I'm honestly not so sure they aren't going to roll number 2 in here again next year. Also they had a conservative enough game plan tonight to make JG look serviceable oh and Pruitt called this this best offensive performance this year so that tells me all I need to know.

Jg had a career game, he ain't getting replaced. When your offense consists of 6 plays and your qb can run those 6 plays why change?

So we just rolled over for Bama and now we're going to try and win games by switching QB's, got it... That was one of the shittest Bama defenses you'll see in the Saban era so i'm not buying that. The theory that JG has nudes of Pruitt with a goat are more believable..

BOOK IT

Flame away
One flaw I see in your points. We have QB's on the roster that played last season, so development should have already taken place. Also, why is it other teams can start freshman QB's during this COVID year and have some level of success but not TN?

BOOK IT

Flame away
Get ready to be disappointed, JG is the UT QB and will start vs Arky and play most of the snaps even if we are getting blown out. However, LSU started a true freshman QB against USCjr, blew them out and scored 51 pts. CJP is clueless.

Im sure Maurer and Bailey will get more reps than usual for sure but JG will start vs Arkansas. Don't kid yourself. Though he has to play decent games he rest of the season. I assume he finally on his last straw. Lmao.

I hope they each have at least one series planned in the first half. We’re 2-3 and in 2 of the losses the QB play was horrible so nobody’s job is secure. Since Bailey has had so little practice he needs to have a short list of plays/formations and get plenty of reps in those over the next 2 weeks. Maurer at least knows the O but throws twice as many INTs as TDs but is a much better runner than JG. He needs to have a short list of plays/formations that play to his strengths. Both should get a series in the first half that doesn’t start inside the 20 and isn‘t with just a minute or so left in the half. IMO

VN Store

Back