New lockers

It's funny how making it illegal to pay college football players has resulted in the players getting compensated in the form of ridiculous luxury amenities on campus. Economics 101.

These locker rooms are just getting outright comical.

I view it more about the mentality and values of the kids being recruited these days. Long gone are kids that just want to play football for coaches they connect with at schools they love. Now these spoiled kids have to engage in a 2 hour photo shoot in full uniform 30 min after they arrive on their official visit. It’s all about giving these narcissistic teenagers something they can post on social media and get a bunch on phony likes. These lockers are just another symptom of this crap. Let’s just quit the dog and pony show and go ahead and pay them. It really makes me sick to be honest. I know, get off my lawn, blah blah blah.

Last edited:
I view it more about the mentality and values of the kids being recruited these days. Long gone are kids that just want to play football for coaches they connect with at schools they love. Now these spoiled kids have to engage in a 2 hour photo shoot in full uniform 30 min after they arrive on their official visit. It’s all about giving these narcissistic teenagers something they can post on social media and get a bunch on phony likes. These lockers are just another symptom of this crap. Let’s just quit the dog and pony show and go ahead and pay them. It really makes me sick to be honest. I know, get off my lawn, blah blah blah.
So if we pay them, we can go back to this...
6AAD7EC4-F671-4A9F-A9DD-9DA7E59D0BB6.jpeg6AAD7EC4-F671-4A9F-A9DD-9DA7E59D0BB6.jpeg

As anyone who's ever been inside a men's locker room should understand, the more sterile, the better. If it's easier to keep clean, it's a winner.

Two big differences between today and "back in the day" - there's more money in the sport than ever before, therefore it is more competitive than ever before. Therefore these schools do whatever they can to attract players.

Is it really the “kids of today” fault? I would put the blame on the adults who started it trying to get an edge in recruiting. One school does it and lands a couple high profile recruits, then their rival starts doing it too.

And let’s be honest, Facilities have always been part of the recruiting edge. Neyland Staduim did just start expanding in the late 90s.

Are there Nike logos on those lockers? I hear thats what is needed to attract the best talent.

VN Store

Back