New ESPN rankings for 2021

I doubt Ducharme is going to be playing in the post, so she will likely play the 2-3...which is the same spot as Westbrook, Makurat, Williams, Poffenberger and Fudd (if she picks UConn).
There's a very high likelihood that Fudd is going to Maryland, not UConn. Why do I think that? 'll just say Under Armour has jumped into the girl's basketball recruiting game on behalf of the Univ of Maryland.

Reactions: Amb3096
Here's a different way to look at the top 15. Thanks to Boneyarder @mbr33ct for doing the composit:
1599683616299-png.305203

Attachments

• 1599683616299.png
    1599683616299.png
    32.5 KB · Views: 1,009
In response to Bballnut's post:
No. nothing like that. I had an entire timeline written up but I chickened out. I know I put it out there but I don't want to cross any lines. Sorry. The Fudd parents are closely tied and loyal to UA and their relationship goes back a while too. Not possible for them to be bought away from them at this point.

It was Under Armour's plan to get Azzi to somehow play in their newly formed AAU circuit, the Girls UA Association and away from Fairfax Stars and the Nike-affiliated EYBL. They did it by offering a coach job and full control and freedom to her parents Katie and Tim Fudd with a GUAA club and with a sponsorship. But the relationship between the two parties goes back to 2015 and UA has had plenty of dealings with the Fudds and they've established a high level of trust between each other. At the end of the day, it's about the once in a lifetime talent that is Azzi. The Univ of Maryland just happens to be lucky enough that theyre the school UA is steering their athletes to.

Azzi was centerpiece, the star for Fairfax Stars between 2016-2019. Both her parents were on the coaching staff until 2018. Then Katie and Tim Fudd re-formed GTS Fusion to share coaching duties. Then Azzi left Fairfax to join GTS Fusion. And now, if you check their social media's you would have no idea they shared any past history at all. I was told, some people affiliated with Fairfax and EYBL believe some things that UA did in this were not above board.

The Fudds arent being "bought," they are being cozied up to. Here's a good example of what I mean by that.
Do you remember when Azzi became the first girl to be invited to Steph Curry's SC30 Select Camp in 2018? I was told that was the idea of UA reps in charge of running that camp, not Curry. When floated the idea Curry liked it so much he invited Cameron Brink, who's family is very close with the Curry's. Not only was Azzi invited both her parents were as well. And over the three days in SF they were wined and dined, swagged free clothes, apparel, shoes, merch. etc. And after the event the normally reserved Azzi publicly gushed about how her and her parents were treated so well and how UA is great for female athletics and athletes.

The rich getting richer...

Please, Fudd...please go to Maryland. Anywhere but UConn!

Yep, we can argue all we want but it is highly probable we have to get a top five rated kid or two if we want to be relevant nationally. You do not have to be UConn or USC to grab an elite kid. Maybe three top tens is out of the question at this point unless you find some kids that want to play together. But you can get a kid or two over a couple of years.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
The Fudds arent being "bought," they are being cozied up to. Here's a good example of what I mean by that.
Do you remember when Azzi became the first girl to be invited to Steph Curry's SC30 Select Camp in 2018? I was told that was the idea of UA reps in charge of running that camp, not Curry. When floated the idea Curry liked it so much he invited Cameron Brink, who's family is very close with the Curry's. Not only was Azzi invited both her parents were as well. And over the three days in SF they were wined and dined, swagged free clothes, apparel, shoes, merch. etc. And after the event the normally reserved Azzi publicly gushed about how her and her parents were treated so well and how UA is great for female athletics and athletes.

LOL. Oh come on. If Azzi chooses Maryland because it's an UA school it won't be because UA did a good job of "cozying up to" the Fudds. UA doesn't mess around. UA is promising to make Azzi the Steph Curry of women's basketball. Who knows what UA's financial situation will be down the road but make no mistake about it: the Fudds are being bought.

Playing 4 years for Brenda Frese is going to cost somebody.

With 3 of the top 4 Dawn is getting it done!

Recruiting for 02 and 03 is already looking great for the gamecocks.

LOL. Oh come on. If Azzi chooses Maryland because it's an UA school it won't be because UA did a good job of "cozying up to" the Fudds. UA doesn't mess around. UA is promising to make Azzi the Steph Curry of women's basketball. Who knows what UA's financial situation will be down the road but make no mistake about it: the Fudds are being bought.

Just saw today that UA is cutting 600 jobs globally.

I don't think you know Azzi or her parents. You may think your accusations worldly wise; the actually are demeaning to a classy lady and family.

I don't think you know Azzi or her parents. You may think your accusations worldly wise; the actually are demeaning to a classy lady and family.

Stuff like this has been going on in men's basketball for years. It was only a matter of time before it spilled over to women's basketball.

The UA connection with the Fudds and what it might mean is not a secret. It's been out there for a while.

'A Steph Curry for girls' - How Azzi Fudd could end up inspiring others in women's hoops

Tim and Katie will be co-directors of a program – GTS Fusion, named after Katie's Game Time Skills platform – on the Under Armour grassroots circuit this summer. With Under Armour attempting to shake up Nike's domination of the grassroots women's scene, it's fitting that they have the best player from founder Kevin Plank's high school – he's a 1990 St. John's graduate – as centerpiece.
"She's a huge attribute in this UA circuit," said Tim Fudd. "Because of the type of personality she has, it's really easy for you to start envisioning other things"

Could that lead to Azzi leaning toward an Under Armour school? Could she someday end up becoming the foil to Curry as the face of Plank's brand? That's all far away – close enough to ponder but seemingly miles away as she chats in an office at St. John’s in her gray school uniform.

Reactions: lfvol
Just saw today that UA is cutting 600 jobs globally.

UA has made several bad business decisions and then Covid happened. UA dumped its crazy ($280 million!) apparel deal with UCLA and now UCLA is suing for damages. There's an SEC investigation of past accounting practices as well. Yet, UA is still hanging on.

Reactions: stlvolsfan

VN Store

Back