New Coaching Search???

Could NOT disagree more. The statement would be EXACTLY what is needed.....LV Program will not stand for it from Coaches or Players.
What does firing Holly, right now at mid season, accomplish?? There’s no one UT will be able to hire now worthy of the job, the players would have to deal with a coaching change in the middle of the season... it would ruin the players current season, one that they’re going to get in the NCAA tournament, and for what reason??? Just to say you fired Holly mid season after her first 3 game losing streak? To make what point to the rest of the country and the fan base??? That would be ridiculous

Let the season play out guys, for the players sake... then if you all want to start a lynch mob, have at it

Great article - thanks for sharing!

Wes Moore is a great coach and a quality person. I've seen him coach many games at UTC and this year when he brought his NC State team to UTC. His teams are well-coached, play hard, and always prepared. He owned the Southern Conference for many years with Southern Conference players. He certainly could own the SEC with the players currently on the Lady Vols roster.

Fire Holly and hire a coach that knows how to coach! Hire Wes Moore!

I agree. I graduated from UTC and got to see many games as well. He is an excellent X's and O's coach, something Holly is terrible at. When his name was mentioned before, my only question was whether he could be an elite recruiter. But, apparently he is good at that too.

What firing Harley now accomplishes is possibly saving the season. Salvaging some dignity for the program. A program that is in shambles. You don't think it can't get worse before it gets better? Stick around. This losing streak is just the beginning of a massive free fall. Holly is a clueless clown....and each minute she remains the program gets a little worse. She is an extreme liability. A walking breathing dumpster fire. An unstoppable tsunami of suck. What she's done to this once proud program is reprehensible and unforgivable.

I agree. I graduated from UTC and got to see many games as well. He is an excellent X's and O's coach, something Holly is terrible at. When his name was mentioned before, my only question was whether he could be an elite recruiter. But, apparently he is good at that too.

He’d be great. The Tennessee job recruits itself or at least would allow him to recruit good enough players who, when combined with his exceptional coaching ability, would allow the Lady Vols to remain at least in the top 3 in the SEC.

What firing Harley now accomplishes is possibly saving the season. Salvaging some dignity for the program. A program that is in shambles. You don't think it can't get worse before it gets better? Stick around. This losing streak is just the beginning of a massive free fall. Holly is a clueless clown....and each minute she remains the program gets a little worse. She is an extreme liability. A walking breathing dumpster fire. An unstoppable tsunami of suck. What she's done to this once proud program is reprehensible and unforgivable.

Lololololololol:p:D

Reactions: orangealways
I think it will take <20 wins for a couple of years in a row before PF takes action. Continuing to put the team in the NCAA tourney and advancing to the round of 32 or even 16 will be enough for CHW to keep her job for years to come.

It seems PF grades the program the same as the men’s program while ignoring the fact that the Lady Vols were once the premier program in the country. If the men’s coach wins 20-25 games a year and makes the round of 32 or 16 each year, he would not be fired. I am not saying that is right, but that is the way I feel PF is handling the situation.

Would UT hire a male womens basketball coach? I just dont see it.

Warlick has been coaching for decades so on the opposite side try something different. I would throw 750,000 at Kara Lawson assuming she wants the job. or Becky Hammon. If not those 2 women, the Depaul coach, Jeff Walz, Wes Moore, and the list goes on and on. Just get rid of Holly Warlick.

I have a Split Personality

angel-and-devil-side-by-side-picture-id513843095

when I watch Lady Vols Basketball. One side of me hopes the players will play great and the other side of me wants this Staff gone as soon as possible.

Reactions: feathersax
Would UT hire a male womens basketball coach? I just dont see it.

Warlick has been coaching for decades so on the opposite side try something different. I would throw 750,000 at Kara Lawson assuming she wants the job. or Becky Hammon. If not those 2 women, the Depaul coach, Jeff Walz, Wes Moore, and the list goes on and on. Just get rid of Holly Warlick.

What has Kara Lawson done that makes you think she would be a good head coach ?

Really hard to say what it will take depends on what the AD office thinks of the women's basketball program. If they think it should be one of the top ten program every season then they have already waited to long to act. If their goal is to save money just as long as we win more than we lose guess were on the right track.

Reactions: Rockyjr
It's going to take PF getting fed up with the pathetic performance of the LVs. I hope this season will get him to that point. There are some really good coaches out there who could revive the program. Way past time to get one. I can't even bear to watch the product Holly puts on the floor.

If anyone paid attention to my post as soon as season started when some fans were laughing at south carolina, I said that the worst of Holly is this year & is coming. This is the year she will break the worst record ever and draws attention.. So, everyone should put on yo sit belt and watch how lady vols for the first time in history will not qualify for NCAA tournament.

Reactions: Rockyjr
Again the ugly specter of hiring a coach on the basis of gender rears its ugly head. Can't think of anything more antithetical to the legacy of Pat Summitt.

At this point, I don't care who the hell the new coach is, certainly don't care about gender or race. Hell, I don't even care that much if they're that great of a coach, tho that would be nice. This program needs a breath of fresh air so badly at this point that I'd take a bad coach, as long as its a different bad coach. We need to move on. Remember, it took Donnie Tyndel to get to Rick Barnes.

Long time reader and thought the three game losing streak was enough to finally register and comment. Here are my points on this.

1. You never fire a coach mid season unless there are safety/abuse issues by the coach. It can hurt you way more than it can help you. Let her finish the season. Maybe, just maybe there can be a spark of light remaining.

2. Hire a proven coach. Do not hire someone who has never tasted victory at a high level. I dont mean you have to have won a national championship, but you must be proven. A new coach with no experience here would be a disaster. Fans would not have any time for the coach to learn. Some on here have called for a couple of coaches ( no doubt good people that know the game) to be hired, but the pressure of winning would eat them alive. And so would the fan base. Not fair to either.

3. Do not limit the hires( if Holly were to be let go) to any particular race or gender. Hire proven leadership. This is just common sense and anyone touting never hire a male has never been faced with tough hires anywhere. Always hire the best person for the job regardless.

I understand losing to Stanford. Losing to Georgia is like a kick in the nuts. It shouldn't happen. Holly has had plenty of time to prove that she knows the game, can adapt, and win. It's sad to say, but anytime we play a game and it's close to start the 4Q, we lose.

If this was a storied men's program, Holly's butt would be on fire, however, I really do not think the administration cares because it is a women's team. She has had her shot and continues to keep taking the program into mediocrity it time to make a move before the program before the team go past the toilet and into the cesspool.

Someone has to value the program.
As, it is, more importantly, a valued women's program.
Of which
are much more rare than storied men's programs

Reactions: cutiepie5
Someone has to value the program.
As, it is, more importantly, a valued women's program.
Of which
are much more rare than storied men's programs

People have got to come to grips with the fact this is not just any program and firing this coach is going to take an act of God. It would be easier for Fulmer to fire a 7-5 football coach than firing Holly.

The politics and baggage around this program are tremendous. Fulmer knows this. Coupled with the fact this makes little to no profit for the AD there is a very little upside and a TON of downside.

The only way change comes is for the people that claim to care about it most will have to realize there is a problem....and they aren't even close to that conclusion. Then once they do they will have to (1) complete the grieving process with Pat (2) let go and then (3) realize what ails this program may or may not be solved by someone from Pat Summit's orbit.

Its a misreading, at least in my case, to think a return to PS level is what we're asking. Seven seasons in, only a crazed optimist would hope for that. Eventually of course, I would love some championships but at this point all I want is some sharpness, some improvement over time, some player development, most of all just to make games fun and not excruciating any more.

We knew this season was going to be tough, they are young (though I'm sick of that as an excuse) and they do lack a top notch post (though I love C Green but she should be a role player at best). But to see them so very lost, listless and scattered is inexcusable.

I never again want see a Lady Vol as dis-spirited, discouraged and undercoached as Rennia Davis currently seems to be.

Its a misreading, at least in my case, to think a return to PS level is what we're asking. Seven seasons in, only a crazed optimist would hope for that. Eventually of course, I would love some championships but at this point all I want is some sharpness, some improvement over time, some player development, most of all just to make games fun and not excruciating any more.

We knew this season was going to be tough, they are young (though I'm sick of that as an excuse) and they do lack a top notch post (though I love C Green but she should be a role player at best). But to see them so very lost, listless and scattered is inexcusable.

I never again want see a Lady Vol as dis-spirited, discouraged and undercoached as Rennia Davis currently seems to be.

It should have never dropped from Pat's level!

VN Store

Back