New Coaching Search???

7yrs of Holly and 7yrs of coming up short...they haven't gotten rid of her yet and probably want...the only thing that has saved her is recruiting...But she STILL CAN'T WIN with ALL of that TALENT!!!...let her go NOW and if we lose recruits, so be it...We have resources and still the NAME...a good coach will thrive here and we will stop coming up short...as I said before, there are lot of good coaches out there that good love to coach here...who knows, it may even attract CHRIS DAILEY...LVFL, but so fed up with losing🤘🤟💗
If this was a storied men's program, Holly's butt would be on fire, however, I really do not think the administration cares because it is a women's team. She has had her shot and continues to keep taking the program into mediocrity it time to make a move before the program before the team go past the toilet and into the cesspool.

Reactions: cutiepie5 and sisaq
I don't blame Holly...……….she is laughing all the way to the bank.
Phil has to pull the plug...………….and he will NOT!!
Most UT Admin is happy mens pogram doing fine and Ladies are going south...…………...IF Holly had one modicum of pride she would resign....

I’m not a Holly supporter, and I don’t think she will get it done nor turn it around. But firing her now accomplishes absolutely nothing and would only hurt the players and program more. And realistically wouldn’t happen mid season unless there’s some extreme violation or circumstance.
So support the team and the girls. It is possible that they can find their chemistry and make a Final Four run, though highly unlikely under Holly. And if it doesn’t happen, given the lack of what she’s accomplished with the players she’s had the past few years, at that point I believe a change should happen

I want to have someone explain to me what offense we run. So many 1 on 1 plays and never finishing. Street ball at its finest. Does Holly ever call a play? Do they have a play book? Diamond was not the issue with this team. She had no one that knew how to play the game with her i am now realizing.
Diamond had players with the potential to play with her, however, they were ill prepared to do so.

Question for anyone who is familiar with AD politics or specifically, UT's AD political atmosphere...what is it going to take for Holly to get the ax? A few things are abundantly clear:
1. She isn't going to quit.
2. She's never going to make Tennessee relevant in the national picture.
3. She can't coach and ultimately isn't cut out to be a P5 caliber head coach.
4. The majority of the fan base does not support her or believe in her.

So, with Tennessee right now at 12-4 and 1-3 in the SEC...how bad will it have to be in order for the AD to cut ties with her? The program has steadily become irrelevant and hasn't been a respectable team since the 2014-15 season. 2016 was dreadful despite the tournament run (entered the tournament 18-13), 2017 was almost as bad, and 2018 we lucked into a 3 seed because we beat SC twice when they didn't have A'ja in the lineup. Our record this year will be respectable because Holly schedules a very light non-conference schedule to boost up her resume. Will missing the NCAA tournament altogether this year be enough? Realistically this team looks like they're headed for a 7+ loss SEC season and will enter selection Monday with 9+ losses and just 1 quality win (over Texas). Would that finally be enough to stop Holly from coaching another season?

Question for anyone who is familiar with AD politics or specifically, UT's AD political atmosphere...what is it going to take for Holly to get the ax? A few things are abundantly clear:

So, with Tennessee right now at 12-4 and 1-3 in the SEC...how bad will it have to be in order for the AD to cut ties with her? The program has steadily become irrelevant and hasn't been a respectable team since the 2014-15 season. 2016 was dreadful despite the tournament run (entered the tournament 18-13), 2017 was almost as bad, and 2018 we lucked into a 3 seed because we beat SC twice when they didn't have A'ja in the lineup. Our record this year will be respectable because Holly schedules a very light non-conference schedule to boost up her resume. Will missing the NCAA tournament altogether this year be enough? Realistically this team looks like they're headed for a 7+ loss SEC season and will enter selection Monday with 9+ losses and just 1 quality win (over Texas). Would that finally be enough to stop Holly from coaching another season?
NOPE. And im very serious. I just dont see it. Wait until Notre Dame kicks our butts by 30 plus

It's going to take PF getting fed up with the pathetic performance of the LVs. I hope this season will get him to that point. There are some really good coaches out there who could revive the program. Way past time to get one. I can't even bear to watch the product Holly puts on the floor.

Unfortunately I don't see her going anywhere anytime soon. She'll use every excuse in the book to hang on and when she finally is fired it'll take years to dig out of the hole she's digging. The one saving grace is that Pat Summitt built this program into the equivalent of a Duke or Kentucky men's program or Alabama in football so the tradition will always be there. Get the right coach and it can be turned around and the sooner the better for everyone

If this was a storied men's program, Holly's butt would be on fire, however, I really do not think the administration cares because it is a women's team. She has had her shot and continues to keep taking the program into mediocrity it time to make a move before the program before the team go past the toilet and into the cesspool.

(Be4 the program go past the toilet) is very funny lol

I cannot say what I would really like to say. So, if you cannot say anything good, just say nothing....... NOTHING !

I cannot say what I would really like to say. So, if you cannot say anything good, just say nothing....... NOTHING !

I’m not a Holly supporter, and I don’t think she will get it done nor turn it around. But firing her now accomplishes absolutely nothing and would only hurt the players and program more. And realistically wouldn’t happen mid season unless there’s some extreme violation or circumstance.
So support the team and the girls. It is possible that they can find their chemistry and make a Final Four run, though highly unlikely under Holly. And if it doesn’t happen, given the lack of what she’s accomplished with the players she’s had the past few years, at that point I believe a change should happen
Could NOT disagree more. The statement would be EXACTLY what is needed.....LV Program will not stand for it from Coaches or Players.

Great article - thanks for sharing!

Wes Moore is a great coach and a quality person. I've seen him coach many games at UTC and this year when he brought his NC State team to UTC. His teams are well-coached, play hard, and always prepared. He owned the Southern Conference for many years with Southern Conference players. He certainly could own the SEC with the players currently on the Lady Vols roster.

Fire Holly and hire a coach that knows how to coach! Hire Wes Moore!

I do agree the preseason non-conference schedule has become much weaker under Warlick and it is a way to rack up "easy" wins. Really the last thing needed with a boring product but helps keep her job by arguing she wins a lot.

Reactions: olddog
7yrs of Holly and 7yrs of coming up short...they haven't gotten rid of her yet and probably want...the only thing that has saved her is recruiting...But she STILL CAN'T WIN with ALL of that TALENT!!!...let her go NOW and if we lose recruits, so be it...We have resources and still the NAME...a good coach will thrive here and we will stop coming up short...as I said before, there are lot of good coaches out there that good love to coach here...who knows, it may even attract CHRIS DAILEY...LVFL, but so fed up with losing🤘🤟💗
Simple. Let her recruit but find a new head coach.

VN Store

Back