New coach better be better than Leach

Newsflash OP: Leach ain't all that. He's no Mark Richt for example to which neither have ever set foot in a stadium as head coach leading a college team to play for a NC. He's a dime a dozen guy, part of the biggest area under that big bell shaped curve, not on the elite end, not on the dud end.

Think about it for a minute.

Currie went out and hired mike freaking leach and fulmer got his ass fired for it.

And took over his 1.2 million dollar a year job!

Thats what happened!~

I personally, 100% trust Phillip Fulmer to make this decision. That man truly loves Tennessee and would not make an uneducated decision that would tarnish his legacy at the university.

I think Leach is a good coach, I would have supported that hire. But, he does run an Air Raid offense and the best player on the team is John Kelly with Ty Chandler not far behind him. I wouldn't see UT winning a lot of football games until Leach recruited his own players. This fan base is too on edge to keep waiting around for 3-4 more years and still only win 8-9 games in that timeframe.

Reactions: 1 person
Leach would be our Steve Spurrier........ Never a dull moment, in a good way.......

Mike Leach is way overrated as a HC! We've seen the results of his gimmicky Air Raid offense in the SEC. Kentucky's best season under Mumme was 7-5 and his overall record in 4 years was 20-26, and guess who was the OC under Mumme during three years of Mumme's four year tenure? That's right, Mike Leach!

Because UT and UK are the same.

Leach is the only person left that would make me happy. I have a feeling they're going to bring in Miles or Steele as HC, and I will not be happy. That would be terribly horribly badly horrendous

Mike Leach is way overrated as a HC! We've seen the results of his gimmicky Air Raid offense in the SEC. Kentucky's best season under Mumme was 7-5 and his overall record in 4 years was 20-26, and guess who was the OC under Mumme during three years of Mumme's four year tenure? That's right, Mike Leach!

Gimmicky offense with 2-3 star players (UK) and a place with 4-5 star players is big difference. His offensiv e scheme gave Oklahoma a Natty and 3 more opportunities for another. Like comparing Browns with the Patriots. I'll take gimmicky over 3 yards and cloud of dust type.

Watching USC and Stanford tonight.

First, both are very good teams.

Second, Leach's Cougars beat them both.............

Reactions: 3 people
I remenber when he and Mumme were at Kentucky and had that QB who went about 325. Itvwould be 4th and 12 from their own 40 and they would go for it.

Saban would eat that for dinner.

Of all of the coaches contacted Only two gave me confidence, Brohm and Leach. The rest were either stretches or wasting time.

Leach is the only person left that would make me happy. I have a feeling they're going to bring in Miles or Steele as HC, and I will not be happy. That would be terribly horribly badly horrendous

Are you the idiot that called beaver a hack because of gramatical errors?

Reactions: cbe

VN Store

Back