Netflix

breakfast lunch and dinner with Dave Chang is very good. Also season 3 of Big Mouth is still super funny, I can't believe how fast they have churned those out and kept the quality so high.

I thoroughly enjoyed Dirty John. It's a Lifetime Network-style production, but very high quality with good actors so it made it pretty fun. Julia Garner's whiny posh voice had me laughing and cringing at the same time. Bana was awesome. The story is crazy. I listened to the podcast, so I probably enjoyed it more than maybe I would have had I not listened.

I thoroughly enjoyed Dirty John. It's a Lifetime Network-style production, but very high quality with good actors so it made it pretty fun. Julia Garner's whiny posh voice had me laughing and cringing at the same time. Bana was awesome. The story is crazy. I listened to the podcast, so I probably enjoyed it more than maybe I would have had I not listened.

Connie Britton destroyed me. "John? No. John? No. John?'

Just finished up Daybreak. Watched the first 4 episodes and then saw it was getting canceled, and thought "damn that sucks I like this show." Then I watched the last 6 episodes and it was complete sh*t, your show shouldn't be 85% flashbacks.

I started watching House of Cards and the first season was excellent. Starting somewhere in season 2 the plot lines began to get ridiculous and I made it to about season 4 episode 10 and decided I was not going to watch any more of this garbage. Completely unrealistic.

I started watching House of Cards and the first season was excellent. Starting somewhere in season 2 the plot lines began to get ridiculous and I made it to about season 4 episode 10 and decided I was not going to watch any more of this garbage. Completely unrealistic.

That show should have been 3-4 seasons tops. First season is oustanding, second is good enough, but it started to go downhill and get really boring. I only got through about 3 episodes of the final season with Spacey and checked out. It was just bad at that point. And I really have no desire to ever go back and finish it.

Tried Raising Dion but that kid actor made me want to kill everything. Tried Mars-trash. The A List was crap. Another Life might actually be worse than I-Land so much stupid. Netflix makes some good shows but jesus they make a lot of sh*t.

Reactions: bigdaddy
Tried Raising Dion but that kid actor made me want to kill everything. Tried Mars-trash. The A List was crap. Another Life might actually be worse than I-Land so much stupid. Netflix makes some good shows but jesus they make a lot of sh*t.
The best they have done IMO are Dark and Altered Carbon...outside of that most of the original stuff in crap.

They are a bit like Cannon Films was, throw out a whole bunch of stuff and hope a couple things stick.

They're just trying to make something for everybody. ****** stuff makes money on TV and Netflix is replacing TV, so it does everything from AMC/HBO style award-winning shows, to **** only lonely adult nerds will watch, to terrible teen movies, and programming for babies. I'm more surprised when they don't try to capture an audience type, like for example, competition style reality shows. Less than 1% of what's on TV appeals to me and the same goes for netflix

Reactions: BadJerry20
They're just trying to make something for everybody. ****** stuff makes money on TV and Netflix is replacing TV, so it does everything from AMC/HBO style award-winning shows, to **** only lonely adult nerds will watch, to terrible teen movies, and programming for babies. I'm more surprised when they don't try to capture an audience type, like for example, competition style reality shows. Less than 1% of what's on TV appeals to me and the same goes for netflix

I agree about TV I record 4 shows and right now it's just Shameless and The Unicorn. They tried Ultimate Beastmaster or whatever it was but that was just a really generic version of ANW. I'm surprised they haven't tried more reality TV in general. At this point I'm really close to cancelling it and maybe renew it every 6 months and binge the handful of shows I do like, then drop it again. Cause the movie selection is pretty lacking as well and not just their original stuff.

Reactions: n_huffhines
Just finished The Confession Killer, good stuff. What irks me is
all these people making excuses for the cops. "Oh they were tricked by Henry." I call bullsh*t, they fed him evidence to "solve" cases plain and simple.

I agree about TV I record 4 shows and right now it's just Shameless and The Unicorn. They tried Ultimate Beastmaster or whatever it was but that was just a really generic version of ANW. I'm surprised they haven't tried more reality TV in general. At this point I'm really close to cancelling it and maybe renew it every 6 months and binge the handful of shows I do like, then drop it again. Cause the movie selection is pretty lacking as well and not just their original stuff.
I watch more movies on amazon selections than netflix. It’s so cluttered with Netflix originals that I don’t care about that it’s hard to just see movies. I’m going to give it the winter and then cancel. Fire it back up next December.

Reactions: BadJerry20

VN Store

Back