Netflix

i'm a couple more episodes in now and yeah, i like it. and i'm going to retract my watchmen comparison....

more like X men on acid or mushrooms lol...and agree about the soundtrack. this is a pretty cool show. this is what i was hoping Legion would be more like....

cmon now don't knock Legion, that is XMen on acid. Umbrella is more like a light dose of shrooms.

Reactions: Big Gucci Sosa
cmon now don't knock Legion, that is XMen on acid. Umbrella is more like a light dose of shrooms.
eh, i'm not knocking it, i don't dislike Legion at all. but it's kinda choppy from a story standpoint.....this is is definitel cleaner from that standpoint.

so yeah, legion=acid, and this = srhooms. i'll buy that.

Been watching Evil Genius and it’s wild.

Highly recommend Murder Mountain, The Ted Bundy Tapes, and Making a Murderer if you haven’t already watched it. Netflix has some really well done documentaries out right now.

Also, if you like Motley Crue, “The Dirt” is legit.

finished the umbrella acadamey...that's how you do a season finale. very cool.

and yeah, i thought "the dirt" was great.

Reactions: bignewt
I finished watching the third season of Man in the High Castle. If seeing parts of the last 3 episodes doesn’t; enrage you I don’t know what to tell you as an American.I’m interested to see how this keeps evolving. I’m glad I got on Amazon, really enjoyed Jack Ryan (my favorite novel character), I’m looking forward to season 2. I thought John Krasinski did a good job with a modern Jack Ryan. Some of the story line with Adm. Greer kind of bug me. Looking for more shows to watch now . Open to suggestions . TIA

I finished watching the third season of Man in the High Castle. If seeing parts of the last 3 episodes doesn’t; enrage you I don’t know what to tell you as an American.I’m interested to see how this keeps evolving. I’m glad I got on Amazon, really enjoyed Jack Ryan (my favorite novel character), I’m looking forward to season 2. I thought John Krasinski did a good job with a modern Jack Ryan. Some of the story line with Adm. Greer kind of bug me. Looking for more shows to watch now . Open to suggestions . TIA
Recently finished Hanna on Amazon...very good. Also a HBO show I had never tried Family Tree. Only one season but hilarious. From most of the creative minds of Best In Show, Waiting For Guffman, A Mighty Wind etc.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Recently finished Hanna on Amazon...very good. Also a HBO show I had never tried Family Tree. Only one season but hilarious. From most of the creative minds of Best In Show, Waiting For Guffman, A Mighty Wind etc.
half way thru Hanna, really like it so far.....been very good.

Reactions: butchna
half way thru Hanna, really like it so far.....been very good.
I think she nails what that character would look and sound like if real...without overdoing it. And Mirielle Enos...is Mirielle Enos. Complicated role made effortless.

Reactions: jakez4ut
I think she nails what that character would look and sound like if real...without overdoing it. And Mirielle Enos...is Mirielle Enos. Complicated role made effortless.
yep. i think it's been very well done by all....and you're right, she does nail the character.

Reactions: butchna
Thank you, I’ll check it out. Has anybody watched Widow? That looks pretty good too.

I watched Triple Frontier on Netflix and was pretty underwhelmed by it. There wasn’t a great storyline IMO.

Thank you, I’ll check it out. Has anybody watched Widow? That looks pretty good too.

I watched Triple Frontier on Netflix and was pretty underwhelmed by it. There wasn’t a great storyline IMO.
I STARTED Widow...as in first episode. Prioritized it lower but I’ll get to it. Bosch starts Friday and that gets binged within 48 hours. Big fan of the books and they’ve done a great job with it on the screen. If you like The Lincoln Lawyer, Harry Bosch and Mickey Haller are half brothers...don’t know if they’ll address that on screen. Agree with you on Triple Frontier. With the actors available and the potential storyline it was weakly cobbled together...prolly rushed.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Since starting netflix about a year ago, i have consistently read this thread, couple times asked for advice on series to watch. Have been amazed how good they are for the most part. Ozark is great, Godless was great but only 1 season, the Punisher and Daredevil were both great, there are more..but any of yall can backtrack through the thread and see whats recommended. I really appreciate it.

I dont know who actually recommended the OA...but i just finished season 2 and it is an amazing series. Super creative writing. Many times discussing the show out loud with fellow watchers trying to grasp all the plot twists. I cant begin to describe it without spoiling it for would be watchers. Brilliant writing. I have been amazed at the difference between network tv, which i no longer watch, and Netflix series. They are movie quality in scope and vision, and far more creative than anything network TV produces IMO.

FTR. Season 1 of the OA was good, and left me with questions i really wanted answers to. Season 2 has so many surprises and was so fast paced in comparison that i watched 2 episodes a night and laid in bed afterwards trying to figure out what was going to happen next.

Disclaimer: theres about 5 mins of literal gayness in season 2, and i personally dont watch or want to watch that. Not judging anyone, not my place...just something to fastforward thru. It added absolutely nothing to the plot, except a very minor detail that could have been introduced a million other ways. Just unnecessary, if anyone here is gay...i got nothing but love for you, what people do in their bedrooms is their business. I just personally dont enjoy watching it, and if 1 of my friends were to recommend this show to me i would appreciate them giving me a heads up. If yall want to hate on me and call me a bigot etc...it wont hurt my feelings. There are a couple posters here with the same beliefs as me, and i know they dont want that behavior glamorized in their homes or in front of their teens. There is also an episode in season 2 with a females breasts exposed for 2 or 3 minutes, that is also not acceptable to some audiences. Other than that, there is very little foul language, no overt drug use or other lewd content. The show is in no way about immorality, and i wish they had left both of those scenes out honestly. Neither were necessary or added anything to the story, in a brilliantly written series.

For Joe etc. Though, i would not let my kids watch this series though, because of those combined 10 mins or less. The other 16hrs or so are acceptable at least for teenagers IMO.

VN Store

Back