Netflix

Watched Roma with my wife this past weekend. It wasn’t wronged by the Academy. Good Netflix movie. Would’ve been pissed to fork out theatre experience money on it.

Watched Roma with my wife this past weekend. It wasn’t wronged by the Academy. Good Netflix movie. Would’ve been pissed to fork out theatre experience money on it.
And yet was better than all the other nominated films.

And yet was better than all the other nominated films.
Few people disagree...ME for example. Academy voters too. Borderline snoozer. Shoot something in black & white and it needs to be Schindler’s List level.

Few people disagree...ME for example. Academy voters too. Borderline snoozer. Shoot something in black & white and it needs to be Schindler’s List level.
I guess some still appreciate the art of film. Not YOU.

Got around to watching Behind the Curve. The Netflix movie about Flat Earth believers.

I was pretty disappointed. Was hoping for some actual explanation of why they believe it's true or something they think proves it true since they also claim science can't prove them wrong. Little more than "science throws math at you, but I can point over there and see Seattle." And it's a big govt conspiracy.

If anything it seems to be more a documentary about the psychology of flat earthers and the failure of scientists to take the time and work with them to show them where they're wrong. The very small amount of science or experiments shown was a couple of failed experiments by flat earthers.
I don’t think science owes them an explanation. There’s indisputable scientific proof easily available. Or drive yourself to the beach, take a charter 10 miles out, and explain where the coast disappeared to. I saw some clip of a Nat Geo thing and the guy said the rich built the planet and the stars aren’t real. And the elites keep us from finding out. Why? If the earth was flat, then what? People would rise up and murder the rich? I just can’t tell difference between the trolls and the idiots.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I don’t think science owes them an explanation. There’s indisputable scientific proof easily available. Or drive yourself to the beach, take a charter 10 miles out, and explain where the coast disappeared to. I saw some clip of a Nat Geo thing and the guy said the rich built the planet and the stars aren’t real. And the elites keep us from finding out. Why? If the earth was flat, then what? People would rise up and murder the rich? I just can’t tell difference between the trolls and the idiots.

I don't disagree, but that seems to be part of the reason why they say they're numbers are growing. They're putting their case out there on youtube or podcasts, the film kinda follows a few of the more prominent flat earthers, and nobody is proving them wrong. So they're taking it as we're right and our numbers growing is proof of that.

It's not a pro flat earth movie. Some of the things I think the movie wants the viewer to take away at the end(there might be more): 1. these are people that want to belong to something. 2. science hasn't put out a good effort to work with them and show them where they're wrong. 3. The flat earthers are coming to a conclusion beforehand and trying to tailor their "experiments" to prove that conclusion instead of honestly looking for truth. 4. because that's their mindset, when they encounter something that contradicts flat earth they try to explain it away or modify their experiment to get a more favorable result. The small amount of time the movie spent on their experiments showed that to be true. And that contributes to why nobody is interested in proving them wrong. Because they've got it in their head they're right and NASA, space exploration, the stars in the sky, ect are all a part of a big conspiracy. The earth is flat and it has a dome over the top.

Narcos Mexico does not disappoint. Earlier timeframe in Mexico was a great transition. And if they do it right they could probably put out another 2 high quality seasons with the Mexico cartel history.

Saw they've got Scoot McNairy as a main character instead of narrator for season 2 and that makes me happy.

Last edited:
I don't disagree, but that seems to be part of the reason why they say they're numbers are growing. They're putting their case out there on youtube or podcasts, the film kinda follows a few of the more prominent flat earthers, and nobody is proving them wrong. So they're taking it as we're right and our numbers growing is proof of that.

It's not a pro flat earth movie. Some of the things I think the movie wants the viewer to take away at the end(there might be more): 1. these are people that want to belong to something. 2. science hasn't put out a good effort to work with them and show them where they're wrong. 3. The flat earthers are coming to a conclusion beforehand and trying to tailor their "experiments" to prove that conclusion instead of honestly looking for truth. 4. because that's their mindset, when they encounter something that contradicts flat earth they try to explain it away or modify their experiment to get a more favorable result. The small amount of time the movie spent on their experiments showed that to be true. And that contributes to why nobody is interested in proving them wrong. Because they've got it in their head they're right and NASA, space exploration, the stars in the sky, ect are all a part of a big conspiracy. The earth is flat and it has a dome over the top.
I think it’s kind of a social commentary on “fake news” and how it is really some sort of status symbol to subscribe to these out there theories. In that YouTube video they conduct the “boat test” where they stripe a canvas and take the boat out from shore farther and farther. Eventually you can’t see the bottom couple stripes. That seems a pretty basic test that proves there is curvature to the earth. They have flat earthers there observing and they ask them what they think. It’s not real, it’s an illusion, the earth is flat, etc. That’s a pretty amazing troll job to have blatant contemporaneous proof right in front of you and say nope don’t buy it. But really it seems like more of a lifestyle choice than a conviction. I don’t need empirical evidence to like Chick-fil-A, and I don’t need hard data to believe the earth is flat.

Narcos Mexico does not disappoint. Earlier timeframe in Mexico was a great transition. And if they do it right they could probably put out another 2 high quality seasons with the Mexico cartel history.

Saw they've got Scoot McNairy as a main character instead of narrator for season 2 and that makes me happy.

How they transition to him at the end is brilliant.

So I'm laid up for a whole month (ankle surgery) and plan to watch a lot. Watched 13 Reasons Why and am on season 3 of Breaking Bad. I don't see the big deal about BB, its meh.

Reactions: BadJerry20
So I'm laid up for a whole month (ankle surgery) and plan to watch a lot. Watched 13 Reasons Why and am on season 3 of Breaking Bad. I don't see the big deal about BB, its meh.
It has some very slow moments. They probably could have condensed it, but the final episodes more than make up for the pace of the show.

It has some very slow moments. They probably could have condensed it, but the final episodes more than make up for the pace of the show.
I mean it’s not bad, but it’s not a show where I’m like “I have to watch the next episode now!”

VN Store

Back