Netflix Documentary on Urban Meyer’s Time at UF

Former players like Tebow might cape up for him, but I can think of no fewer than four media guys who covered UF back then have no love for Urban Meyer, and wouldn’t hesitate to share what they experienced.

Didn’t Tebow and Meyer have a really close friendship, beyond any previously known in football, rooted firmly in faith?

Seems like ESPN and CBS may have mentioned that during a pre-game show and in game commentary once or twice.........

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: 05_never_again
Didn’t Tebow and Meyer have a really close friendship, beyond any previously known in football, rooted firmly in faith?

Seems like ESPN and CBS may have mentioned that during a pre-game show and in game commentary once or twice.........

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

I think you answered your own question.

Respectfully disagree with your first sentence.

I hadn’t heard about what you claim in your second sentence.
There have been rumors about Urb and the booger sugar for years and years. Even before the boosters daughter stuff. And before the "alcohol and sleeping pills" stuff.

I think you answered your own question.

Clearly you have a low tolerance for sarcasm and snark in this area.

I have to admit the drugs and girls stories are news to me. Never followed it that closely. I just figured he saw the decline coming, so decided heart issues were going to force him out of coaching until a better offer came along.

Urban is a "burn bright, but burn out quickly" kind of guy. In addition to his personal foibles, I think his personal style is to push everything to the limit to win as much as possible in the shortest amount of time, knowing that at some point something is going to happen that'll get him fired, lead to him resigning, etc. That run he had at UF, even if he didn't leave after 2010, I do not think was built for the long haul. Those last couple of teams he had, even the 2009 team that went 13-1 and finished #3, had all sorts of issues that would have come to a head within the program eventually - lots of guys on those teams absolutely hated each other, and hated Urban.

He did that at both UF and OSU and when he's at a job he isn't cut out for to begin with, like Jax, he crashes and burns really quickly. He didn't even get the car moving down the road before it blew up.

Clearly you have a low tolerance for sarcasm and snark in this area.

I have to admit the drugs and girls stories are news to me. Never followed it that closely. I just figured he saw the decline coming, so decided heart issues were going to force him out of coaching until a better offer came along.

Your attempt at sarcasm is noted.

Urban is a "burn bright, but burn out quickly" kind of guy. In addition to his personal foibles, I think his personal style is to push everything to the limit to win as much as possible in the shortest amount of time, knowing that at some point something is going to happen that'll get him fired, lead to him resigning, etc. That run he had at UF, even if he didn't leave after 2010, I do not think was built for the long haul. Those last couple of teams he had, even the 2009 team that went 13-1 and finished #3, had all sorts of issues that would have come to a head within the program eventually - lots of guys on those teams absolutely hated each other, and hated Urban.

He did that at both UF and OSU and when he's at a job he isn't cut out for to begin with, like Jax, he crashes and burns really quickly. He didn't even get the car moving down the road before it blew up.
Meyer is one of the greatest coaches in the history of the sport but also a terrible human being.

Reactions: 05_never_again
We'll see but I firmly believe this wont be the dirt show it should be. All the extra stuff and love affairs will be lightly talked about or skipped over completely
It’s not a story anyone will watch if they don’t show the dirt. Think about documentaries that have come out lately like Tiger King or Theranos (The Dropout) just to name a couple, they delve into the bad stuff which is what gets ratings. That’s what Netflix is about.

It’s not a story anyone will watch if they don’t show the dirt. Think about documentaries that have come out lately like Tiger King or Theranos (The Dropout) just to name a couple, they delve into the bad stuff which is what gets ratings. That’s what Netflix is about.
You make a good point.

Netflix and Hulu seem to be in competition with each other for salacious documentaries. I did not think the Netflix doc on Aaron Hernandez would delve into the homosexuality rumors that were turning up on the internet ... but they did, and to a surprising extent.

VN Store

Back