Negedu wants out of Zona - to UT?

We were HOTT on his trail before he committed to Arizona. It was either a visit to us or commit to AZ and he committed. The general idea was that it was we were becoming unsure on Singleton and really wanted to land him. He reminds me so much of Crews its scary. Dunks everything! He could be the highly rated big man rumor going around... I would love to land him.

If he does get out of his LOI he will likely have to sit out next season. If Gus Gilchrest had to sit out a year after getting out of his LOI due to the Va. Tech shootings, I'm pretty sure Negedu would have to do the same.

OK... but isn't there an NCAA ruling pending with all of the Kevin Sampson stuff... and a new coach there?

They have so many scholarships available the potential sanctions or scholly's taken away wouldn't really make a difference. And maybe he didn't like Sampson and wants to give Crean a chance.

Kinda Funny:

Emmanuel Negedu gobbled up most of the rebounds for Indiana Elite with a conservative seven boards by Rivals.com's count. An undersized man-child down low, Negedu is this class' version of Duke Crews. Perhaps he is a little more skilled away from the basket than Crews, but that did not result in any type of production for him on the perimeter. All his damage took place in the lane to the tune of eight points

Rivals.com Basketball Recruiting - The Real Deal on the Hill gets rolling

If he does get out of his LOI he will likely have to sit out next season. If Gus Gilchrest had to sit out a year after getting out of his LOI due to the Va. Tech shootings, I'm pretty sure Negedu would have to do the same.

If he's released, I don't think he would have to sit out, but I'm not sure. I searched Gilchrist and found that he didn't commit to Maryland until October. He could have played in the spring semester this past season but instead redshirted. I don't know why he waited that long. My best guess is that he wasn't released from VT until after the spring signing period was over, but I don't know when that is. Perhaps somebody else has more knowledge on this situation and can help us.

FROM AN INDIANA SITE:

Negedu is part of
A HOPE, a non profit organization that brings African players state side to play Prep and Collegiate basketball. The CEO of that company is Mark Adams(an Indiana Elite AAU coach).

Mark's son is a student asst. at Tennesee. He used to be a player at Iowa. When he was at Iowa, they were in great shape with both Negedu and Hambga. Now that he is at Tennesee and they are an elite team, with available rides, I think it is HIGHLY likely Negedu ends up there.

I would never say Mr. Adams delivers kids to programs but I do think his connections atleast play a part in their decision making processes.

He still has to be released from his LOI and sign with another team by May 21 to become eligible next season. Va. Tech wouldn't release Gilchrest from his LOI even due to the campus shootings so he was forced to sit out a year or attend prep school. Schools don't just release players for any little reason, especially this late in the period. I don't see Arizona doing that with their two best players departing for the L.

You don't have to sign a letter of intent to be eligible to play the next year at a school. An example is that Bobby Maze committed in the summer after his enior year to Oklahoma and this was after the signing period. No player has to sign a LOI, its just that most always do.

You don't have to sign a letter of intent to be eligible to play the next year at a school. An example is that Bobby Maze committed in the summer after his enior year to Oklahoma and this was after the signing period. No player has to sign a LOI, its just that most always do.

Even so, I still don't think Arizona will release him from the binding LOI he made last November this late in period for no particular reason.

Yeah he did say it's in Lute's hands.

Still, I think he lets him out and he comes to UT. He might have went to IU if everyone else didn't run away like the campus was exploding.

VN Store

Back