Need Your Opinion (Poll)

Would you give to a NIL fund for your favorite team if it was also used to raise money for charity?

• Total voters
I would not give to an NIL fund that some admin would distribute (if that is legit NIL).

I would [have] buy a players book (wink wink), buy a burger named for them (wink wink), buy a named Vol jersey, and perhaps memorabilia. I’d love to have a framed photo (or art) of “the catch” signed by Jennings.

Only if it was in conjunction where the charity was an established charity where proceeds of 80%+ goes back to the charity cause (R&D) and not 80%+ to admin.

No, I would contribute to the players, a larger amount if it is considered a charitable donation on my taxes. But my other charitable donations would be kept separate.

Not boasting but I try to give liberally all year long HOWEVER I am extremely cautious to whom I give. I want to know every cent is being used for its intended purpose (many "charities" are not worth the stamp used to mail a donation). So....I will have to vote NOT SURE based on my statement!

Reactions: GAVol
Not sure how to answer this, is NIL really helping all college athletes and solving a problem? No, it's only making the rich, richer. I don't know, tax dollars already go to support state run universities. Realistically 1 in 500 D1 athletes benefit from it

Not Sure.
If a handler gets paid from it then NO.
If a charity gets more than 5% for handling the money, then NO
NIL is a nightmare without Caps for Teams or individual Players
Until all the discrepancies are resolved in the NIL then it is hard to give money to anyone and know it is not going in the direction intended.
At this moment does anybody know what the tracking of NIL $$$ looks like.
Handing a 17 to 22 year old a ton of money is just irresponsible as S**t.

VN Store

Back