Need to "Michigan-Proof" CBJ (Butch Jones and Michigan merged)

Poll: Does UT retain Butch?

• Total voters
5-11... Such a big difference!

Hey man, a win is a win! haha

I agree with his point though. I have tons of faith in Butch and I REALLY want him to stay, but if you are Michigan why pay big bucks to get a coach with a losing record at his current job?

Only mike hamilton would do that.

I actually have a really good, trustworthy feeling about Butch though. I believe he wants to make TN his career stop. The way he acted in trying to GET the job makes me believe him when he says things like that.

Last edited:
Hey man, a win is a win! haha

I agree with his point though. I have tons of faith in Butch and I REALLY want him to stay, but if you are Michigan why pay big bucks to get a coach with a losing record at his current job?

Only mike hamilton would do that

2014 Michigan=2012 Tennessee

Michigan will have to hire the person who will want to jump into their athletic chaos. A lot of head coaching candidates will turn the Wolverines down.

michigan has reached out to tennessee coach butch jones in search of a coach to replace brady hoke, but jones "will not be a candidate at michigan," according to a report tuesday on footballscoop.com.

No. When that happens, I'll buy a unicorn.

What's the benefit of being such a negative nancy about a team you supposedly support? Firing/losing CBJ right now would be a shot to the throat of our just-recovering football program. You'd think some people would have some more optimism about our little upswing

Reactions: 3 people
The reason that Michigan would reach out to Butch besides the fact that his is a Michigan boy is the vibe around him and the university. I've heard several sportscasters on different networks talking about the Vols contending for the East next year. They see the talented youth that we have and those that will be arriviving and know that Tennessee is on the way back up.

The article says he will not be considered a candidate. Maybe because he said no.

They don't consider him a candidate because he said no? But you asked why they would contact him...how did he tell them NO if they hadn't already?

You're trying to do Abbott and Costello aren'tcha? :wink2:

Reactions: 2 people
They don't consider him a candidate because he said no? But you asked why they would contact him...how did he tell them NO if they hadn't already?

You're trying to do Abbott and Costello aren'tcha? :wink2:
Lol I'm just trying to figure out is he not a candidate, because he said no. Or is his agent just saying Michigan contacted, so he'll get a raise, and that's why sources say he's not a candidate

Reactions: 1 person
Lol I'm just trying to figure out is he not a candidate, because he said no. Or is his agent just saying Michigan contacted, so he'll get a raise, and that's why sources say he's not a candidate

These coaches and agents know how the game is played. Nothing wrong with it, but it is a poker game when these jobs open. Is the AD willing to call a bluff?

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back