Neal Brown HC at Troy

SoFloVFL

Was his name not mentioned last year during our HC search when we were getting "desperate" for people to take the job? I could be wrong, but I seem to remember his name being mentioned... This would be a great hire if it happened.

VolArmy74

Fair, just saying it has been done
It does happen, but in fashion more like Enos, who had no realistic shot at getting a HC job of note after failing to do anything of note at Central Michigan for years. For a guy like that a major OC job is a possible path for redemption. For a guy like Brown it makes way less sense imo.

VolArmy74

Was his name not mentioned last year during our HC search when we were getting "desperate" for people to take the job? I could be wrong, but I seem to remember his name being mentioned... This would be a great hire if it happened.
He interviewed for a few high profile jobs, Arizona being one of them. His 3 million dollar buyout was reported as too big an obstacle for them though.

KBVol

I've seen his name thrown around for OC.

38 Years Old

Played at Kentucky under Mal Mumme, Mike Leach & Tony Franklin

4 seasons as a Head Coach. (34-16) Overall
In last 3 seasons is (30-8) three straight Bowl Appearances with (2) Wins going into the December 22 game vs. Buffalo.

Has served as OC & QB Coach in the past at Texas Tech under Tommy Tuberville and Kentucky under Stoops.

His background is intriguing. IMO
And here we go. Let’s all get behind the up and comer. Risky hire of a guy with no SEC track record imo. No thanks.

golfballs

Well-Known Boofer
It does happen, but in fashion more like Enos, who had no realistic shot at getting a HC job of note after failing to do anything of note at Central Michigan for years. For a guy like that a major OC job is a possible path for redemption. For a guy like Brown it makes way less sense imo.
Of course

VOLINVONORE

38 Years Old

In last 3 seasons is (30-8) three straight Bowl Appearances with (2) Wins going into the December 22 game vs. Buffalo.

Has served as OC & QB Coach in the past at Texas Tech under Tommy Tuberville and Kentucky under Stoops.

Best name mintioned yet.

VolInDayton

Troy pays him 800,000. I bet we would have to pay him 1.5 and give him complete control of the offense. I think he would be a great hire, but I feel like we could get a better coach if we are paying that.

VolForLife83

Pruitts do it better

38 Years Old

What HC moves down to an OC at his own will?

onevol74

38 Years Old

I already have one Alma Mater with a screwed up football program. Please don't mess with the other one.

BigOrangeTrain

Don’t really read to well do you? He has sec experience
Wow. One whopping year at UK. Man thats a lot of experience right there. The only reason anyone really knows this guys name is because Troy upset LSU by playong the game if their life. He has a seasoned OC thats been there for years.

NEVolFan

Ima dude playing a dude..

38 Years Old

That man has a future in the big time, I would love to have him as OC.

VN Store