NCAAT Game Thread: Lady Vols vs Buffalo/Belmont

Serious question - How in the world does #20 for Lady Vols play with hair extensions all the way down her back and flipping and flying all over, plus huge, fake eyelashes with whatever goop holds those on and finally, the manicured, painted nails. Why does the head coach even allow a player to have all that garb on during games ?? Don't think Coach Summitt would be ok with this.
She just broke Candace Parker’s record for blocked shots. I think she’d be just fine.

It was an ignorant question. She scored 18 points 4 rebounds and 3 blocks…. Appreciate all of her and not just what she does for your entertainment. Don’t bring Pat into that.

No it was not an ignorant question - I cannot see how those extensions don't swing around and interfere at times, the lashes and glue mixed with sweat and contact with other players could easily get in her eyes.
She can wear whatever she wants outside of basketball, just seems common sense to me. It's not a fashion show - save that for post-game.
Why is bringing up Coach Summitt not allowed, by you. She is the reason for the great history of our program. You are a real gavone.

Reactions: vol94
I just keep thinking of all the teams who were upset this week, and how every single one of them would give anything to be able to say they'd played poorly but barely eked out the win.

Are Tennessee and South Carolina going to be the only SEC teams to reach the 16?

Appears so, time is running out on LSU.

Glad to prove we are one of the best 16 teams in the country and to represent the SEC.

I hope that shot she made is indicative of the freshmen being able to finish games for us. In the past we have had a lot of trouble getting that play we need to get over the hump.

Also should point out that Rae was unselfish and got her the ball when she had nothing open for herself. That is an improvement in her game too.
Good play by Rae, I agree. But a senior going 2-11, got smoked by Jones all second half that she covered her. She needs to able to make 40-50% of her shots. If not. Then pass it.

Loved the way we were playing in the first half-- second half, not so much-- need to play our best against Louisville, obviously. Great clutch play by Sarah!!
Go back and watch the first half Belmont missed a lot of wide open jumpers that they didn't miss in the second half as much

This team has the talent to advance, imo. But have to stop the silly, unforced turnovers and play perimeter defense. We just looked slower tonight in the second half. Maybe it was Belmont’s adjustments.
You talking about the 9 turnovers they had this evening. Guess what; turnovers are part of the game at every level on every team both men and women. Uconn's women already have 8 To's in the 3rd quarter and they are one of the best passing teams in the country. If you go back to the Lady Vols' last national championship team, they averaged 16.5 turnovers a game.

Anyone turnover. 😝. I just don’t understand why this team plays so badly and cannot protect the ball.

Is it coaching? Chemistry? Not enough talent? I won’t buy the excuse that two players are out as UT has much more talent than Belmont.

it's as if they all have hands made of stone. They can't make bunnies, they can't shoot worth a lick, they can't secure a rebound with their weak hands. And yet, somehow they win.
Go figure. I don't understand it either. These players should do hand and forearm strengthening exercises.

You talking about the 9 turnovers they had this evening. Guess what; turnovers are part of the game at every level on every team both men and women. Uconn's women already have 8 To's in the 3rd quarter and they are one of the best passing teams in the country. If you go back to the Lady Vols' last national championship team, they averaged 16.5 turnovers a game.

Speaking of the last championship team, I was thinking of them earlier when someone referred to this team as the "cardiac kids". The teams with Candace et al had to come from behind any number of times to win, just one heart attack after another. As a fan you may give up sometimes, but just be glad when the team doesn't!
GLV!

No it was not an ignorant question - I cannot see how those extensions don't swing around and interfere at times, the lashes and glue mixed with sweat and contact with other players could easily get in her eyes.
She can wear whatever she wants outside of basketball, just seems common sense to me. It's not a fashion show - save that for post-game.
Why is bringing up Coach Summitt not allowed, by you. She is the reason for the great history of our program. You are a real gavone.

Because you’re using the thoughts of what you assume someone would allow in 2022 to cast doubt of any kind on a Player in this program. Yes it was ignorant. If there were issues with her play because of it I’m sure it’d have been addressed.

You gotta love this for Rae, too, who’s the only fourth year senior on the roster (?). Lost in the first round her freshman year. Went through a coaching change. Decided to stick it out. Tournament was canceled her soph year. Got beat in the second round last year. Suffered an injury in the first game of her senior season. Love this for her!

VN Store

Back