NCAA Transformation Commitee

Woah woah woah! We did just win a Rugby national championship.

I hear you! I was speaking specifically of football. I'm not badmouthing our program. It's just the truth. We have A LOT to prove and a LONG way to go to get back to a championship level program. I know it sucks, but it's just reality.

Nice read……….I agree with the Title IX, I have 2 girls and want them to have every opportunity available to play (or played) in college however matching scholarship to scholarship with the men is not the “fairest” way to do it, I wish I had an answer too.

Why isn’t it the “fairest” way to do it?

because they count football.......that's a lot of women's scholarships to make up.

If they Didn’t count football they’re might not be rowing and soccer, which would make less opportunities, no? Besides, it shouldn’t be about revenue, it should be about educations.

For all the buy outs we’ve paid out think of all the kids, and parents for that matter, that could have been helped. I think about the March Madness situation and Women’s Soccer Team USA lawsuit. Change is coming, what it looks like I dunno.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
It is sad when you look at that the average out of state baseball player who stays all four years will owe between $60-100,000 for playing baseball at an out of state college. The average fan does not realize that almost half of the players on the field in any given P5 game are paying their own way for at least half if not 3/4 of their expenses. I don't see NIL changing that very much in baseball.

It is sad when you look at that the average out of state baseball player who stays all four years will owe between $60-100,000 for playing baseball at an out of state college. The average fan does not realize that almost half of the players on the field in any given P5 game are paying their own way for at least half if not 3/4 of their expenses. I don't see NIL changing that very much in baseball.

We gotta fix it. I’m so damn tired of the Title IX argument. It’s a minimum standard. In other words, if the University of Tennessee decided to put every athlete on a full ride tomorrow every other school would be on notice and it would be bigger than NIL, bigger than the transfer portal. The money is there. It was not when Title IX was written.

If they Didn’t count football they’re might not be rowing and soccer, which would make less opportunities, no? Besides, it shouldn’t be about revenue, it should be about educations.

For all the buy outs we’ve paid out think of all the kids, and parents for that matter, that could have been helped. I think about the March Madness situation and Women’s Soccer Team USA lawsuit. Change is coming, what it looks like I dunno.

OR, it would allow UT to field mens teams in those sports as well (more overall opportunities without reducing the women's opportunities). At least that is how I would look at it.

I think NIL will change it in a big way.....but it will take some time.

We gotta fix it. I’m so damn tired of the Title IX argument. It’s a minimum standard. In other words, if the University of Tennessee decided to put every athlete on a full ride tomorrow every other school would be on notice and it would be bigger than NIL, bigger than the transfer portal. The money is there. It was not when Title IX was written.

NIL is the work around to Title IX.

So not in the next two years?:cool: Sad part is I own a house and land in TN but don't get any credit for it because it is not our main house. Kirby does get in state tuition through Southeast Consortium but no scholarships other than baseball.

OR, it would allow UT to field mens teams in those sports as well (more overall opportunities without reducing the women's opportunities). At least that is how I would look at it.

just so I understand your argument. You want more sports? Golly, I can barely keep up with them all as it is!

Reactions: GenRRN
So not in the next two years?:cool: Sad part is I own a house and land in TN but don't get any credit for it because it is not our main house. Kirby does get in state tuition through Southeast Consortium but no scholarships other than baseball.
Don't know how fast it will progress but it will start with one baseball loving SEC team and grow until every team in the league is providing enough NIL to equal a full ride for everybody. One day it could make going straight to the minors very unattractive.

So, i get maybe not eligible for Hope, but say Pell grant? The more you can tell us the better, I’ll be there in 4 years, without an athletic scholarship so…

So maybe the sports that make money aren’t included in the calculation for equality since technically the university is not investing in those sports they would be considered self funding?
that‘s my thoughts. Market driven as well.

VN Store

Back