NCAA Tourney Selection Show

It’s shocking to me how little success people who played and/or coached under Pat have had as head coaches. Just doesn’t make sense.

Jen Rizzotti was just fired at GW and this underscores the point that being a great player under an excellent coach is no guarantee of being a successful coach after one’s playing days are done. (In fact, in some cases it may be a hindrance.) It’s been a mixed bag when looking at Geno’s coaching tree.

On a side note, I’m really pleased to see the success the LVs are experiencing under Harper. Good luck in San Antonio.

What an excellent thread from a group of knowledgeable fans. thanks

my only "belief" was that Fowles, who was on the way to UT at the last minute went to LSU was suspect. Somewhat like the worse of football recruiting (smile)

What an excellent thread from a group of knowledgeable fans. thanks

my only "belief" was that Fowles, who was on the way to UT at the last minute went to LSU was suspect. Somewhat like the worse of football recruiting (smile)

The six pack actually could've been even better, because Fowles was close to coming here, and Tasha Humphery wanted to come here, as she and Lex were great friends. But of course, Andy hired her mom to get Tasha to come (similar to what OSU did with Kelsey Mitchell). I think Erlana Larkins had us very high on her list, too, IIRC.

Oh what could've been had Candace come in healthy and that recruiting class stayed together. I still think we'd have won in 2005 had Candace been healthy, and maybe 2006, too, had SWG stayed and Lex not gotten hurt. Of course, had SWG stayed we never would've had Shannon Bobbitt, so I guess things always have a way of working themselves out.

The six pack actually could've been even better, because Fowles was close to coming here, and Tasha Humphery wanted to come here, as she and Lex were great friends. But of course, Andy hired her mom to get Tasha to come (similar to what OSU did with Kelsey Mitchell). I think Erlana Larkins had us very high on her list, too, IIRC.

Oh what could've been had Candace come in healthy and that recruiting class stayed together. I still think we'd have won in 2005 had Candace been healthy, and maybe 2006, too, had SWG stayed and Lex not gotten hurt. Of course, had SWG stayed we never would've had Shannon Bobbitt, so I guess things always have a way of working themselves out.

In terms of cold hearted instrumental reasoning, SWG leaving was a proverbial blessing in disguise. Her chronic knee issue hampered throughout her career. We probably would not have won any NC if we had SWG versus Shannon. I agree that if CP3 had been able to play as a freshman that team could have hung a banner.

I hope they obliterate MTSU. I hope UT buries them a hole deep enough to hide a skyscraper covered with enough salt to last ten generations before anything grows there. "Why can't the land support us, grandparent?" a child will ask. "The legends speak of destruction, young one, of a massacre so great that even today the ground weeps for having seen such horror."

I hope they obliterate MTSU. I hope UT buries them a hole deep enough to hide a skyscraper covered with enough salt to last ten generations before anything grows there. "Why can't the land support us, grandparent?" a child will ask. "The legends speak of destruction, young one, of a massacre so great that even today the ground weeps for having seen such horror."

So I take it you're not a MTSU fan.

Reactions: mcannon1 and Lucy
So I take it you're not a MTSU fan.

Heh, as a general rule I like supporting Tennessee teams outside of when they're playing Tennessee, but I'm looking for a real statement game since it's Harper's first time in the NCAA's with the Lady Vols. I'm not trying to make it sound like it's somethin about the Hayes girls or whatever with that comment. Just - in this instance I am hoping for a classic Lady Vols first round win.

Let's not be too thin skinned. The prediction was prefaced by this heading:

Bonus irresponsibly dangerous take

And he is right. If MTSU shoots 100% percent from the three-point line and all the LVs foul out by the 3rd quarter, and the LV coaching staff is ejected from the game, and a swarm of locust attacks the LV team bus, and hell freezes over, MTSU will most likely advance. But, I think it is fair to say that outcome is a longshot.

Any thoughts on which No. 1 has the easiest path to the FF? The most difficult? And which region is least likely to have all of its top 4 seeds in the Sweet 16?

I think NC State has the easiest round to the Final Four, UConn the most difficult and River Walk region is least likely to see 1-4 make it to the S16.

Most interesting first round game? Lady Vols vs MTSU.

5 seed most likely to lose in the first round? Georgia Tech.

Stanford looks like the easiest to me. Louisville, Georgia, Arkansas. Agree on UConn as most difficult.

For the 5 seed upset I'll say Belmont most likely. G

Reactions: mcannon1

VN Store

Back