NCAA Tournament to be held without fans

People are already all "live yo lyfe". You think canceling schools and sporting events will result in everyone staying home, eating Campbell's soup, and hoping for the best? Negative. Half of middle Tennessee is either going on Spring Break or an impromptu vacation next week because schools are closed. All of this shutting down isn't going to prevent any spread. All it's going to do is disrupt the supply chain and sink everyone's 401k.

I just walked out of Publix, then Target, then Best Buy and there were so many people running around, you would have thought Justin Timberlake was signing autographs. So, if this is gonna be as bad as reported, it ought to be widespread next week.

All right, I am done discussing.
Do they have seats in Best Buy that require people to sit within 3 feet of each other? If not, it’s not a good comparison. Anything where people can stay 6 feet away from each other for most of the time or move away from coughing people is super low risk. Public health people say this too.

Sporting events, concerts, and schools have assigned seats, as do things like church, essentially. That’s why they are being closed and restaurants aren’t.

If you’re watching the bare minimum education on coronavirus given directly by the federal government, they have discussed this. They still haven’t given official recommendations for that kind of thing like they probably should have, but eh. Most schools and businesses are making the right call.

Are you not paying attention at all to Italy? Even Newt f'n Gingrich, who is over there is saying the drastic action is needed.

Also, you don't wait until the s*** is causing death left and right to take precautions, NOW is when you do it.

And you were done "discussing" form the start because you weren't discussing, you were telling all of us to "calm down bro".

I am calm. You're the one with erect nipples about all this. And what precautions have been taken that are gonna stop this killer virus from infecting people? Closing schools and not having sports events? Are you really telling me that stops this? That all of these people are just gonna stay home. Problem solved? Epic levels of stupid. What are you gonna say when millions of people don't die from this?

I am calm. You're the one with erect nipples about all this. And what precautions have been taken that are gonna stop this killer virus from infecting people? Closing schools and not having sports events? Are you really telling me that stops this? That all of these people are just gonna stay home. Problem solved? Epic levels of stupid. What are you gonna say when millions of people don't die from this?

I don't think anybody is expecting these unprecedented measures will stop the virus. But slowing the spread will certainly happen, hopefully it will be contained enough to be effectively managed. It's necessary to shut down until the massive testing effort has been fully deployed. Right now the carriers need to be identified so that it can be controlled.

Reactions: 08Vol
I don't think anybody is expecting these unprecedented measures will stop the virus. But slowing the spread will certainly happen, hopefully it will be contained enough to be effectively managed. It's necessary to shut down until the massive testing effort has been fully deployed. Right now the carriers need to be identified so that it can be controlled.

I spoke to a doctor the other day. He said he thinks this has been here for several months, it's just that nobody was testing for it until recently. We'll see how it goes.

VN Store

Back