NCAA Tournament Thread

Our guys need to have smarts and a killer instinct in these coming games. Never quit on defense and don't let off the gas to let a team back in it like Auburn during the final season game. Hammer down and kept it there!

Haha. For real. Hopefully we get an early lead and don't look back. Something tells me that won't be the case with Colgate's ability to knock down the 3 though.
I really fear this is going to be a really frustrating and disappointing tournament for Tennessee. I think we get by Colgate but it is a struggle, then lose to Cincy in the Second Round.

Wouldn't be the first time that they lost to a 15 seed either. A couple years back they lost to MTSU.
That was a shocking loss, to put it mildly. They looked like they were peaking towards the end of that season and into the Big Ten Tournament, which they won. Pretty sure that was an early game on the first day of the tournament; completely shredded some brackets right from the get go.

That was a shocking loss, to put it mildly. They looked like they were peaking towards the end of that season and into the Big Ten Tournament, which they won. Pretty sure that was an early game on the first day of the tournament; completely shredded some brackets right from the get go.
I had them going to the Championship that year...

Without a doubt.....Top 5 nicest people I know.
Father introduced me to him once at a game, he never played for him but he is always accommodating and respectful of former players. Really anyone he meets, quality guy.

Reactions: peaygolf
I really fear this is going to be a really frustrating and disappointing tournament for Tennessee. I think we get by Colgate but it is a struggle, then lose to Cincy in the Second Round.
It's crazy what a difference a game makes. My confidence was sky high after beating MSU and then UK. Had we beaten Auburn, that would've been 3 straight wins over tournament teams and we all would've likely been predicting a Final 4 run.

After the Auburn showing though, most here think we'll struggle to make the Sweet 16.

Reactions: Stoked
It's crazy what a difference the a game makes. My confidence was sky high after beating MSU and then UK. Had we beaten Auburn, that would've been 3 straight wins over tournament teams and we all would've likely been predicting a Final 4 run.

After the Auburn showing though, most think we'll struggle to make the Sweet 16.
It isn't just the second Auburn loss though that had me feeling that way. This team just feels like it peaked either in early December or mid-February. Admittedly the competition heated up after that, but we got punched in the mouth at Kentucky and just backed down, let one slip away at LSU, then couldn't get it done against Auburn not once but twice. The SECT win over Kentucky was awesome and definitely erased some of those lingering doubts, but then to have them brought right back the next day sucked. With the exception of the two wins against Kentucky, we just seem "off" at key times. When there's some pressure, I think we tighten up a bit.

I really hope that the comeback to beat Kentucky in the SECT wasn't the summoning of everything we had and we just don't have much left. If that win drained us physically or emotionally in some way to the point where it impacts us going forward, we're nowhere near good enough to talk about making a deep run. Grant talked about the team being tired after the second Auburn loss. I'm sure they were, but that was Auburn's 4th game in 4 days compared to our 3rd in 3, and they certainly didn't look tired.

Also, notice all of our losses this year have either been on the road or at neutral sites. That doesn't exactly bode well either.

It's crazy what a difference a game makes. My confidence was sky high after beating MSU and then UK. Had we beaten Auburn, that would've been 3 straight wins over tournament teams and we all would've likely been predicting a Final 4 run.

After the Auburn showing though, most here think we'll struggle to make the Sweet 16.
Auburn’s performance has nothing to do with how we will play. They ran into a team that matched up well with them and we don’t. Our region is full of slow tempo teams which is good for us and good for UVA.

Bradley's running out of time and chances as far as this opportunity to take the lead here.

They were down 56-55 and then proceeded to:

-miss a layup
-turn over the ball twice
- miss two free throws
-miss a jumper
-miss a 3 point shot

And yet they're also now only down 58-55 after all that.

(Scratch that 61-55 now)

Bradley's running out of time and chances as far as this opportunity to take the lead here.

They were down 56-55 and then proceeded to:

-miss a layup
-turn over the ball twice
- miss two free throws
-miss a jumper
-miss a 3 point shot

And yet they're also now only down 58-55 after all that.

(Scratch that 61-55 now)
This tournament favors physical teams because they let a lot go that gets called in the regular season. It is so much better but if you aren’t used to it and can’t handle it you won’t last long.

VN Store

Back