NCAA rules against Tn. No bowl ban

I don’t know how bad this is, but it doesn’t seem to be just a slap on the wrist. What good did all the self imposed stuff do? Prevent bowl bans I guess. Thanks again Fulmer for making the worst hire in the history of the program.

The dumbest hiring move in the history of Vol football. You thought he would have learned from the hiring in the '70's of a bammer for a head coach based on Bryant's recommendation (that hiring of an arch rival "was" the dumbest, but you do it the second time and surpass that).

The dumbest hiring move in the history of Vol football. You thought he would have learned from the hiring in the '70's of a bammer for a head coach based on Bryant's recommendation (that hiring of an arch rival "was" the dumbest, but you do it the second time and surpass that).

Of course Battle was already on TN’s staff, so that one wasn’t near as bad as hiring Cornbread.

I doubt it would be all 11 wins, depending on the time of year the penalties occurred and who played in which games.
I say 11 because most folks figure To'o To'o was one of the players who received illegal benefits. He would have gotten paid to come to Tennessee, so any games he played from that point on would be vacated. He played in every single game of Pruitt's second and third seasons. That's 11.

It matters to me, and other folks who care where we stand on the all-time win list. This will put us in a hole versus Georgia (and USCw).

Go Vols!

Of course Battle was already on TN’s staff, so that one wasn’t near as bad as hiring Cornbread.
Battle was a WR coach and had never been a coordinator. He was a great young man at the time but Woodruff’s vetting was poorly done. Battle did not care about recruiting which took the program down. Woodruff had an easy hire in an experienced head coach and Tennessee legend, Majors. Puzzling how Woodruff screwed that up.

Don't shed too many tears for Jeremy. I'm sure he is well taken care of back home for completing his assigned mission to sabotage our program.

Reactions: VolTookie
Battle was a WR coach and had never been a coordinator. He was a great young man at the time but Woodruff’s vetting was poorly done. Battle did not care about recruiting which took the program down. Woodruff had an easy hire in an experienced head coach and Tennessee legend, Majors. Puzzling how Woodruff screwed that up.

Actually Ken Hatfield was the WR coach. Battle coached ends (split and tight). Doug Knotts (defense) was a finalist. Little doubt that Johnny Majors was Woodruff’s biggest miss with that hire.

This should open the door for us to be able to bring Fulmer back now. I’d like to see him in a dual coach / AD role. Heupel and White were good stopgaps but it’s time to bring our king back to take his rightful place on the throne.

I wonder if Harbaugh and Michigan are being rewarded for their full cooperation, since that little scandal has all but disappeared since he told them to go kick rocks.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
I say 11 because most folks figure To'o To'o was one of the players who received illegal benefits. He would have gotten paid to come to Tennessee, so any games he played from that point on would be vacated. He played in every single game of Pruitt's second and third seasons. That's 11.

It matters to me, and other folks who care where we stand on the all-time win list. This will put us in a hole versus Georgia (and USCw).

Go Vols!
Yes. And all his stats should be vacated, too, right?

Reactions: VFL-82-JP

Go Vols!
Pre-NIL, which was then these events occurred, amateur college athletes were no longer considered “amateur” if/when they started to receive compensation for their services. NCAA athletes were expected to refrain from accepting compensation or risk losing their eligibility and amateur status. “Allegedly” it was To’o’to, Morris, Gray, Crouch and others that were the subjects of these reports. If they did accept compensation, their amateur career was over at that point, thus making them ineligible to play for any university. If they were ineligible at UT, they should have been ineligible at Gumpville, Oklahoma, Mich State, etc. Considering all 4 saw the field at their new schools, shouldn’t those schools be forced to vacate wins as well? Again, NIL and new transfer rules are making the NCAA obsolete anyway.

Go Vols!
I hope you don't lose sleep over this because that's probably not healthy.

Seems to me a bowl ban would have violated the NCAA's new policy they came out with this spring that only the perpetrators, ie coach's-players directly involved in the infractions would be punished and would no longer punish the new coaching staff and remaining players that had nothing to do with the infractions. A bowl ban would do that.

I can't find that statement right now but will look for it.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
As much as I hate the thought of paying a fine to the organization that self-blindfolded on UNC and Kansass...

I'd rather pay the fine than give Beldar a dime.

I hate georgia.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back