NCAA FB Line discussion..(gambler thread)

Good luck on the parlay. Love hittin them!

Thanks. I've lost so many on one game this year it's nice to get one. As long as Duke doesn't get outscored by 30 pts in the last 3 min, I've got this one.

I wish we had a thread like this earlier.

Awesome idea for a thread.

For the year I'm 23-21-1 ATS. A nice site for keeping track of how you pick is called Sports Betting Odds, Statistics and Picks ? Covers.com

I took MTSU at +7 last night, didn't work too well for me.

All my lines are from Bodog.

Looking towards Thursday's game:

-3 Nebraska
vs +3 Missouri
I'll take Nebraska at -3. I think Nebraska wins the north this year, and I think Mizzou is soft.

Saturday Games

-10 WVU vs +10 Syracuse
I'm taking Syracuse. Syracuse is rolling. They have been playing good football this year, and losing close to all their opponents. WVU has been playing pretty poorly IMO. Too many mistakes against Colorado, and still couldn't just put them away. Should have beaten them by 35. I think Cuse keps it close.

-4 Mich State vs +4 Illinois
I think Mich State beats Illinois big this game. Illinois is starting a new QB, benching 38 game starter Juice Williams. Zook sees the writing on the wall, and a QB change midseason is desperation for him. Mich State played Michigan well last week, I see them with a W.

-6.5 Bama
vs +6.5 Ole Miss
Why Ole Miss still gets good spreads is beyond me. They aren't as good as everyone thinks. I think Bama wins in a blow out.

-3.5 Bowling Green vs +3.5 Kent
Clawfense beats Kent, they've played well all year, losing by just a few to Ohio last week. They need a rebound game, and this is it. BG by atleast a TD.

Even Stanford vs Even Oregon State
Stanford is looking great this year, and OSU isn't. How this is a pick em game is beyond me. I pick Stanford in this one.

+14.5 Duke vs -14.5 NC State
Duke has been hanging with the teams that they have lost to this year, last year they lost to NCSt by 10. I think Duke loses, but no more than 2 TD's. I think because of the .5 duke is a good bet.

-4 Ohio vs +4 Akron
Solich has a good team this year, I think they beat Akron by a pair of TD's. The -4 is a good number, i think they win by atleast 1 TD.

+16 K State vs -16 T Tech
K State is horrible this year. A big rebuilding year for them. I think Tech rolls them.

+3 GTech vs -3 FSU
With all the news swirling around about Bowden, I think they win one for their coach. GTech's qb play has been atrocious this year, and FSU held their own with Miami. I think they pick it up, and finish their season strong. Win by a TD.

+8 Michigan
vs -8 Iowa
Allowing Michigan to only lose by a TD and still win, is a great play imo. This might even be a game I pick Mich to win SU. Iowa hasn't really proven themself this year, except with PSU, and for some reason they just have PSU's number every year. I think Iowa is over rated, and bettors just can't understand Rich Rod has a good thing going up there yet.

-3 ASU vs +3 Washington
Coach Sark has Washington trucking just after half a season. I think they need a win after that heart breaker at ND. I pick Washingtion to win SU.

Record for the week: 8-4-0

I was 3-7 - worse week I've ever had in the pool I play in at work. In 3 years I've never been below 5-5 until this week. Guess things like that happen sometimes. There's always next week!

Tuesday night game tonight is Ark State vs Louisiana Monroe.

+2.5 Ark State vs -2.5 Lou Monroe
I'm taking ASU in this one. They have actually been playing really well all year, just losing to some decent teams by a small margin. I think ASU wins SU today. No play on the O/U for me.

Man that was a rainy game. Everyone in the poker room was throwing any kinda money they could get up on the under in the game. Was a tough bet on the line with the rain. Almost got there.

I was taking a quick looksie at this Saturday's lines and the one that stuck out to me the most just real quick was the Alabama 25 point favorite at home over Arkansas...REALLY?? What are you all seeing.

I was taking a quick looksie at this Saturday's lines and the one that stuck out to me the most just real quick was the Alabama 25 point favorite at home over Arkansas...REALLY?? What are you all seeing.

Bammers have SC this weekend. Arkansas is at Florida... but funny thing LOL I was actually visiting this thread to get thoughts on Arkansas being 25 underdogs at Florida. Arkansas is no powerhouse but they don't exactly suck either. I'm inclined to jump on this one. Show of hands?

Thanks for the correction! Was thinkin bout two ballgames at once! I definitely am thinkin there is good reasons to take Arkansas in the game. So my hand is up

What do you think about the Auburn/Kentucky game. The line is at 14, but Kentucky is missing their starting QB and if Cobb goes to play QB then they are missing their best WR.

Tuesday night game tonight is Ark State vs Louisiana Monroe.

+2.5 Ark State vs -2.5 Lou Monroe
I'm taking ASU in this one. They have actually been playing really well all year, just losing to some decent teams by a small margin. I think ASU wins SU today. No play on the O/U for me.

Wow I was hoping to God ASU pulled through on that last drive. I screamed at the TV when that DE got 2 sacks in a row. That RT should go run laps all day for getting humiliated like that on national TV. Single handed ruined their drive.

Man that was a rainy game. Everyone in the poker room was throwing any kinda money they could get up on the under in the game. Was a tough bet on the line with the rain. Almost got there.

I threw money on the under in the game as well haha.

Here is a quick angle on the game, is that the talking heads and forums have been saying that UF isn't all its cracked up to be this year, monte found the kryptonite for their offense, etc. I think UF comes out guns blazing from the get go, to shut people up. I think they bomb Arkansas easily.

Boise State Tulsa hit on the under. 49 points. Lots of reasons to bet the over in that one. HIGH scoring teams. I layed off. Pretty good game and thank God, Boise was not playin at home at that field.

But we have to hear about how they should play in the BCS

What do you think about the Auburn/Kentucky game. The line is at 14, but Kentucky is missing their starting QB and if Cobb goes to play QB then they are missing their best WR.
I am with you. I think Alabama kills them. I am taking Bama

Took the over tonight in the boise game, lost on that. However I bet big on Tulsa at +9.5. Paid off nicely.

Good pick on Tulsa. The over was the smart bet really. Even though it was raining, I thought they would make the over no problem

Any thoughts on the game tonight? Cincy's favored by 3 and is probably the better team, but I'm about to take South Florida and the points. It's their first home game in a few weeks after some good wins with a new QB. I think the crowd pumps them up.

Vegas typically knows what they're doing, and this line jumps out at me like a "WHAAAA?" line. I think Cincy rolls them in this one, but then again that may be what vegas wants with the line sitting like that.

I think Cincy has been the real deal all year long with a Heisman type QB. Either this is a great line for us on Cincy, or Vegas is setting a trap.

Here's this weeks 10 in our pool and my early thoughts.........

1. Oklahoma +3 at Texas - I'm thinking Texas here. Nothing I've saw from Oklahoma makes me think they can hang within a TD of Texas. Its a big rivalry game so anything can happen though but I still feel pretty good picking Texas in this spot. The only thing that worries me is that this is now Oklahoma's "bowl game" for the most part. With two losses already its the biggest game they are likely to have for the rest of the year. I still see Texas just being too much for Oklahoma here. Texas 38, Oklahoma 24

2. Georgia -7.5 @ Vandy - Well, Vandy is just horrible this year it seems. I can't hold much hope for them to cover against Georgia here when they couldn't even beat Army last weekend. Georgia is going to come into this game mad and want to take out some frustrations on a team that's not as good. Georgia 30, Vandy 14

3. Cal -3.5 @ UCLA - Cal coming off of back to back blowouts and UCLA is coming off of two losses as well. I go into the stat book and see that UCLA is 21-7 in their last 28 home games ATS. Cal is 4-11 in their last 15 road games and 2-6 in their last 8 games in October. Since this is a tossup IMO I will go with UCLA in this spot purely on the stats. Cal 17, UCLA 14

4. Minnesota +16.5 @ Penn State - Thinking Minnesota here. It always seems that PSU never can cover a spread over 14 points. Minnesota isn't a bad team IMO and will keep the game fairly close. Weather at PSU Saturday also shows a high of 36 low of 31 with rain and snow showers through the day. I think this will keep the game lower scoring and close - Penn State 21, Minnesota 10

5. USC -10 @ Notre Dame - Well, ND seems to always kill me no matter what I do with them. I think at home in this scenario against THIS USC team Notre Dame can cover the spread and keep the game close. Weather shouldn't be much of a factor here - the grass will be British Open high though. I see this being a good, old fashioned shootout. USC 34, Notre Dame 28

6. Marshall +19.5 @ West Virginia - Thinking the weather keeps this rivalry game closer than it probably should be. Its been raining all week and calling for more on gameday. Highs in the low 40s makes for dreary day of football and not much explosiveness here. West Virginia 28, Marshall 13

7. Arkansas +24 @ Florida - Well here is my big head scratcher this week. Of course last week I thought there was no way that BC would get beat down by Virginia Tech either so anything is possible. Call me crazy but I think Arkansas can at least give Florida a reasonable challenge here for at least a half or 3 quarters. Florida 38, Arkansas 20

8. Virginia Tech -3 @ Georgia Tech - I can't bet against the Hokies 2 weeks in a row here. Their D is just too good IMO for Georgia Tech's one dimensional style of offense. If GT is forced to throw I see Virginia Tech easily covering the spread here. V Tech 17, Georgia Tech 10

9. KY +13.5 @ Auburn - Don't think KY has anything for Auburn here. AU should have beat Arkansas last week if not for some big mistakes. Auburn 42, Kentucky 20

10. South Carolina +17 @ Bama - Think the Gamecock D keeps it relatively close here. Bama 21, S Carolina 7

Vegas typically knows what they're doing, and this line jumps out at me like a "WHAAAA?" line. I think Cincy rolls them in this one, but then again that may be what vegas wants with the line sitting like that.

I think Cincy has been the real deal all year long with a Heisman type QB. Either this is a great line for us on Cincy, or Vegas is setting a trap.
Everyone is liking South Florida tonite for some reason or another. Have heard all kinds of different explanations. I gotta admit I took them too

Down N Dirty
1.)I like Texas at home too. Dont know what other people are seeing in oklahoma as alot have been betting them and the over...
2.) Vandy is horrible and everyone keeps waiting for them to play tough like in yesteryear but I agree with ya. Gotta take GA
3.)Tough game to pick, I am going with the home team as well. UCLA
4.)NO WAY PENN STATE WINS BY 17
5.)You made me crack up talking bout the grass..You are exactly right. I am going to disagree with you and say USC beats Notre Dame easily by 10 points at South Bend..

love the Florida bet. No one wants to believe it but yes Arkansas will NOT lose by more 24!! 24???? That is crazy. Might just be the easy pick of the week....

Last edited:
I bet big again last night, took Cincy at -3. It was a fun game to watch. This has been a good week of football so far for me 2-1 ATS, but I bet big on my 2 wins.

I will have my picks up this week on the games I'm putting action on this weekend.

Good luck this weekend guys.

under no circumstances would i bet on the cal/ucla game. cal on paper should win easily, but no one knows how they will respond to back to back arse kickings.

sc is going to destroy nd

-6 Pittsburgh vs +6 Rutgers
There is a lot of action on Pitt for this game, the line has moved from 3 to 6, I wish I would have gotten in on this earlier in the week, but I still like Pitt in this game. Pitt has handled their opponents well, with a few decent opponents coming into tonight, Rutgers however has played nothing but creampuffs all year, and still have a loss. The under is a good play here too. Something like 8 out of last 9 meetings between these teams have gone under.

-9.5 Kansas
vs +9.5 Colorado
Kansas has a high flying offense, and Colorado has a sketchy defense. Not to mention that Colorado finally took Hawkins out at QB last game. I think there will be confusion on the QB situation to an already lackluster offensive production. KU wins big.

-6 Texas A&M vs +6 K State
Wierd line to me. Just from the looks of this match up I think A&M pounds K State. KSU is AWFUL this year. If KSU comes even remotely close to this line, or wins, A&M should go back to Texas and never play football again.

-3 Virginia Tech
vs +3 G Tech
VT has a really good team this year, Beamer has them chugging along. GT on the other hand is over rater imo. Constantly getting better spreads than they should. I think VT blows them out in this one. Nessbit will have another 2-11 showing. The guy is a RB that can't throw, not a QB that can run.

+24.5 Arkansas vs -24.5 Florida
Head scratcher here. How Arkansas's offense doesn't keep them within 24.5 is beyond me. However this is one of those games that makes me think twice, because the spread is so obvioulsy wrong to me, that it makes me wonder what Vegas is trying to do here. What is their angle? UF could very well come out and just blow the socks off Ark.

+3 Iowa
vs -3 Wisconsin
Iowa gets no love from the betters. I think they win by a TD. Not much to say about this game, other than I think both teams may be a bit overrated, which one is more overrated though. Aub vs UT rings a few bells with this one as well.

-3 Bowling Green
vs +3 Ball St.
Clawson gets his team to come out after a winning last week, and gets them to start a winning streak. They need this win for their season to be a success, and Ball St. is just horrible.

Good luck gents.

VN Store

Back