NCAA -- About to blow us up, or fizzle out?

Unless there is something really dirty that they dig up that we don't know about, I think NCAA will just accept the penalties that Tennessee is already self-imposed.

In fact they are more likely to go after Pruitt than Tennessee. Going off recent precedence, the NCAA has been more interested in punishing the actual wrong doers than the schools because the schools often remove the wrong doers so historically the NCAA has been punishing the wrong people.
I’m inclined to this position as well. We really don’t know what all the facts are but just from precedent and the NCAA fearing non relevance fast approaching…. I’d think they go after the perpetrator which mainly will fall at CJP feet. Maybe give a lengthy show cause to CJP and not overly punish a university that has seemed to cooperate at a level I’ve not seen, maybe ever. Hopefully we can have this is the rear view mirror soon.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
I've seen some people on VN say we are about to get hammered by the NCAA like the old days with SMU. I've also seen people on here say that the NCAA is about to dissolve for the sport of football. So which is it? Is the NCAA powerful enough to hammer us, or is it a shadow of its old self and in rapid decline? Enlighten me, VN brethren.
The only schools over which the NCAA has power are those schools which allow the NCAA to have power over them. Unfortunately, we have one of the last chancellors - among schools with significant athletics programs - who seems to care what the NCAA thinks.

Reactions: Nocleats
I've seen some people on VN say we are about to get hammered by the NCAA like the old days with SMU. I've also seen people on here say that the NCAA is about to dissolve for the sport of football. So which is it? Is the NCAA powerful enough to hammer us, or is it a shadow of its old self and in rapid decline? Enlighten me, VN brethren.
Just hyperbole. SMU had numerous repeat offender situations. Do you realize how much revenue a conference would lose to take out a substantial program for a year or two? Money talks.

There are a lot of issues ongoing with the NCAA. I believe Tennessee has done everything in its power to assist the NCAA in this investigation. Further, we have cleaned out and maintained a clean program since Pruitt. Also, by looking at recent punishments levied by the NCAA against programs accused of more severe violations, I could not imagine the punishment(s) being too extreme. I also think if something too egregious was happening at Tennessee, players like Henry T, E. Gray, and W. Morris would not be playing at other programs right now. Hell the transfer portal already penalized us enough.

At the time, I just prefer not to get caught up on what-ifs or concern myself with the NCAA’s opinion of Tennessee

Reactions: DuckInAPen
When was the last time the ncaa did anything to anybody? Serious question.

What happened to Miami after Nevin Shapiro? UNC?

The NCAA does have the power to hammer us but based on their past history of letting programs off such as those mentioned above and the LSU BB coach, I don't see them being able to justify it, I think TN would counter sue them if they dropped the hammer. As others have said, we get something for the NCAA to save face.

There are a lot of issues ongoing with the NCAA. I believe Tennessee has done everything in its power to assist the NCAA in this investigation. Further, we have cleaned out and maintained a clean program since Pruitt. Also, by looking at recent punishments levied by the NCAA against programs accused of more severe violations, I could not imagine the punishment(s) being too extreme. I also think if something too egregious was happening at Tennessee, players like Henry T, E. Gray, and W. Morris would not be playing at other programs right now. Hell the transfer portal already penalized us enough.

At the time, I just prefer not to get caught up on what-ifs or concern myself with the NCAA’s opinion of Tennessee
NCAA top priority right now is making sure no State tries to block biological males from competing against biological females. I am glad they have their priorities „straight“ (pun intended)

NCAA top priority right now is making sure no State tries to block biological males from competing against biological females. I am glad they have their priorities „straight“ (pun intended)
If I were all of the girls/women, I’d quit it all.

Reactions: IM4TN
We will lose no more than 5 scholarships total and that might suffice.
Giving Tennessee enough players to meet Schloarship limit - 5 would actually mean we get to add players to this years team, right? Can we go ahead and Grab them out of the Portal Today? Sounds like a win to me 😂

Giving Tennessee enough players to meet Schloarship limit - 5 would actually mean we get to add players to this years team, right? Can we go ahead and Grab them out of the Portal Today? Sounds like a win to me 😂
I’d call the whole deal a win. Getting rid of Pruitt was part of our punishment.

Whatever it is, it'll be just enough to derail whatever momentum we're gaining. Then we'll all blame the administration for not paying Pruitt, because in hindsight, we'd be so much further along🤷‍♂️

So if NCAA goes away who runs March Madness? Who oversees national championships for all the sports other than football. The NCAA goes nowhere.

non issue. They would rather NOT. They are just going to push you as far as you push them. Stop harassing them, and they will go away. Not really our style tho I know.

When was the last time the ncaa did anything to anybody? Serious question.

What happened to Miami after Nevin Shapiro? UNC?
They will take 14 scholarships away from us for the 21 season, which means we will only be able to have 71 on Scholarship for 2021. :)

Reactions: 1world1love

VN Store

Back