‘23 NC WR Nathan Leacock (Tennessee)

Which part if you don't mind me asking?

For a guy his build, you would hope Tate is a blazer. But he's not. He's another Markieth Ambles. 5 star who dominated in camps and could run away from people in high school.
I like Tate's ability, but there are certainly more explosive players than him at WR.

Heck, I'm not sure Tate is a sub 11 guy.
This guy ran 10.98 at 6'4 and fights hard for the ball. Good runner too.

5 stars creat hype. Not sure he's one that could live up to it. While Leacock could turn into a Jauan Jennings with speed.

So yeah, what do you see that's no as equal?
Davante Adams is 6’1 and ran a 4.7 at the NFL combine. Getting open and catching the ball is a WRs most important job and Tate does that extremely well. Stop with the sour grapes

Davante Adams is 6’1 and ran a 4.7 at the NFL combine. Getting open and catching the ball is a WRs most important job and Tate does that extremely well. Stop with the sour grapes
You can check my past posts if you like but for me it isn't sour grapes. I watched his video. He made some good plays on the ball. He did not show great speed and didn't get great separation even against HS DB's. He looks physical. That doesn't mean he isn't better than those clips showed. But strictly judging from the posted highlight videos, Kasper and Mizell looked better.

The best comparison I see to Tate in recent UT players is Da'Rick Rogers. That's not an insult. He was a very good college receiver. He was also rated 5*... and was overrated. He wasn't fast by CFB standards. He was physical. He caught the ball well. But he lacked the speed needed to be elite.

PS- Leacock appears to be solid making plays on the ball. His top end speed looks decent. He doesn't appear to be quick off the ball.

I didn't ask about Devante Adams.

So you're just not going to answer my question? Leacock always gets open too.

This dudes film doesn't look anywhere close to Tate's. Honestly, looks like he plays terrible competition and still not that impressive to me. How is he near the top after Tate?
Can you link to the Tate video that impresses you so much? I have not found anything like what you describe.

As for competition. Leacock plays in the RDU area. Millbrook plays in the highest division in NC HSFB (4A big). They have an enrollment of 2400 and play like sized schools. They finished 11-2 last fall, 4th in the state in their classification.

He may or may not be a good player. But your assessment of the competition he plays again isn't accurate.

200.gif

Every three star that commits to us is under rated and will be bumped to a four star.

Them are Volnation Forum Rules.
Well ofc 😆

I usually go to see how many "big time offers" they have. College staffs tend to know best after all. 4*s tend to have 6+ from my eyeballing experience.

He has 4. 5 if you include VT. Mich, us, UF, Miami are strong offers.

Every recruit is different though. Seldon is in bfe Virginia and is quiet, not much camping. Not sure about this kid, but he is in Raleigh, so I'd assume he's had some exposure.

Obviously not knocking the kid, as there's nothing at all wrong with being a HIGH 3* lolol. But that's how I look at claims of "misgraded recruits" - look at the offers. And yeah it goes both ways...but as fans...😁

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Every three star that commits to us is under rated and will be bumped to a four star.

Nah... 3* commits are never underrated or turn into great players...

Tillman
J Payton
V Jones
J Kelly
E Simmons
Jahmir Johnson
M Butler
T Jackson....

Tillman was the 246th WR according to 247. How does that look now?

There are a lot of good players out there. There are more great players stamped with 3* than 4/5* combined... if a coach can find them. The coach that turns UT around will be great at finding overlooked talent.

Heupel is like one of them hardened prisoners that takes a toothbrush and turns it into a shank. He gonna take this three star and make him into a first rounder. Gonna stab Saban’s midget ass also.

VN Store

Back