‘23 NC WR Nathan Leacock (Tennessee)

This dudes film doesn't look anywhere close to Tate's. Honestly, looks like he plays terrible competition and still not that impressive to me. How is he near the top after Tate?

Honestly, WR is the position I’m least worried about ratings or what I think film looks like. If this staff wants him, that’s good enough for me. They know what traits they want and they’ll get WRs who will produce in this offense.

If they want Leacock, bring him on.

Honestly, WR is the position I’m least worried about ratings or what I think film looks like. If this staff wants him, that’s good enough for me. They know what traits they want and they’ll get WRs who will produce in this offense.

If they want Leacock, bring him on.
Exactly

When you look at what Heupel has done with guys at UCF (Williams, Davis and Robinson) and then see what he did here in yr 1 it speaks for itself. Not to mention what he did at other places before UCF. WRs are going to eat in this offense.

Last edited:
This dudes film doesn't look anywhere close to Tate's. Honestly, looks like he plays terrible competition and still not that impressive to me. How is he near the top after Tate?

Which part if you don't mind me asking?

For a guy his build, you would hope Tate is a blazer. But he's not. He's another Markieth Ambles. 5 star who dominated in camps and could run away from people in high school.
I like Tate's ability, but there are certainly more explosive players than him at WR.

Heck, I'm not sure Tate is a sub 11 guy.
This guy ran 10.98 at 6'4 and fights hard for the ball. Good runner too.

5 stars creat hype. Not sure he's one that could live up to it. While Leacock could turn into a Jauan Jennings with speed.

So yeah, what do you see that's no as equal?

Which part if you don't mind me asking?

For a guy his build, you would hope Tate is a blazer. But he's not. He's another Markieth Ambles. 5 star who dominated in camps and could run away from people in high school.
I like Tate's ability, but there are certainly more explosive players than him at WR.

Heck, I'm not sure Tate is a sub 11 guy.
This guy ran 10.98 at 6'4 and fights hard for the ball. Good runner too.

5 stars creat hype. Not sure he's one that could live up to it. While Leacock could turn into a Jauan Jennings with speed.

So yeah, what do you see that's no as equal?
😳 Jauan Jennings with speed? That’s just too good to grasp.

😳 Jauan Jennings with speed? That’s just too good to grasp.
There's so much to playing WR.
Jennings was dominant in the SEC running a 4.8.
Big guys that can body defenders up and run through tackles don't need a ton of speed. But when they do have it, it's really hard to stop them.

Tate is a solid 4 star imo,
While Leacock should be one by end of the year.
3 years from now, I absolutely think Leacock could be ahead of Tate. But right NOW, no.

The buzz: A decision could be nearing for Nathan Leacock. The Vols are in his top four with North Carolina, NC State, and Michigan. The buzz coming out of this weekend is that Tennessee has become the one others are chasing. The offense, the connection with the coaches, and how he got along with some of the commitments have put the Vols in a good spot. There is no date set for a decision, but it would be surprising if Leacock made a decision sooner rather than later.

-Chad Simmons

There’s been a shift in the relationship between three-star wide receiver Nathan Leacock and Tennessee wide receivers coach Kelsey Pope.
“With Coach Pope,” Leacock said on Sunday, after wrapping up his official visit at Tennessee, “I feel like we strengthened our relationship. He’s kind of moving from a recruiting role to kind of a teaching role, telling me how he would develop me when I come here, if I choose to come here. How he can develop me to be the best player I can be.”

Leacock, the 6-foot-3, 200-pound prospect out of Raleigh, N.C., was part of a busy recruiting weekend for the Vols. He’s the No. 74 wide receiver in the 2023 and is the No. 18 overall prospect out of the state of North Carolina.

He took a brief unofficial visit in April, but had more time this weekend to see Tennessee’s campus, the city of Knoxville and spend time with current players and other prospects.

“It was really big for me,” Lecoack said of the official visit. “The first time I had been here, I really just got to be here for a day and a half. So getting to be here for almost three days is really fun. And it was a really good experience.

“We did a lot of really fun things that they had planned,” Leacock added. “We went to the lake, I went tubing for the first time. Then I had great meetings with Coach (Alex) Golesh and Coach Pope, talking about the offense and how Coach Pope would develop me and things like that. And I really got to see the area. The first time I didn’t really get to see the city, I was just on campus. I really like it so far.”

Leacock named a top four of Tennessee, North Carolina State, North Carolina and Michigan. He has taken official visits to Tennessee, North Carolina and Michigan within the last two weeks and camped at NC State on June 3.

Where do the Vols stand?

“They’re still where they normally are, all the way up there,” Leacock said. “I really like the area and I got to be around the rest of the recruits. I got to be around Nico (Iamaleava), a bunch of other guys like Hunter (Osborne), the lineman from IMG (Francis Mauigoa).

“I got to be around a lot of fun guys. The players that are already there, my favorite guy is Squirrel (White). He’s a really cool guys and stuff. I think he’s going to have a good season this year.”

Iamaleava, Tennessee’s five-star quarterback commitment who was also using his official visit to see the Vols again this weekend, is working as hard as anyone to get Leacock to join him in Knoxville.

“Nico is just like Nate, you’ve got to get here, you’ve got to get here,” Leacock said. “He’s like let me know what else I can do to get you here. He knows that me and him can work really well. We’re both really tall, that gives us an advantage at both of our positions. I feel like we would be a scary duo.

“He’s a good recruiter. He’s not to he point where he’s trying to pressure me. He’s just showing he wants me and also telling me, you know, we need you. I feel like he also wants the best for me.”

What’s best for him is something Leacock is still figuring out, but he could be coming to a decision soon. The timeline remains for him to announce his decision in either July or August.

“I’m still looking,” Leacock said. “I’m thinking I’m probably going to commit soon, but still announce it later.”

The Tennessee visit gave him plenty to see.

“I think the highlight of the weekend was talking to the two coaches (Golesh and Pope) and really feeling like, oh, I can see myself doing this,” Leacock said. “Oh, I can see myself developing and getting better. And getting to see the area.”
-Ramey

VN Store

Back