'19 NC RB Quavaris Crouch (Tennessee signee)

Dabo thought he wasn't a good fit? After pursuing him aggressively and counting him in their class, Clemson suddenly didn't want him? At least Michigan fans acknowledge that Crouch was the best player left on their board. Clemson pretends they're above needing players.

Supposedly Crouch had a bag man that wasn't inconspicuous enough, so Clemson backed off. Several other schools also allegedly backed off, according to one poster from the link given above. He acknowledged that Clemson also paid players, but said Crouch was too much of a risk. Some of the things you read on the internet. lol

Supposedly Crouch had a bag man that wasn't inconspicuous enough, so Clemson backed off. Several other schools also allegedly backed off, according to one poster from the link given above. He acknowledged that Clemson also paid players, but said Crouch was too much of a risk. Some of the things you read on the internet. lol

All of this is just Clemson's version of "we didn't want him anyway".

Still can’t believe we actually got this guy. Day 1 starter if healthy opposite Taylor at OLB.

What was the extent of the ankle injury he suffered?

Reactions: Geaux_Vols
Still can’t believe we actually got this guy. Day 1 starter if healthy opposite Taylor at OLB.
I doubt he's opposite Taylor. More likely Crouch is there is a group of Crouch, DJ Johnson, and Taylor. I'm not saying that they won't be on the field at the same time, but more like the defense will be a lot more flexible and able to attack the offense with even more weapons.

What was the extent of the ankle injury he suffered?

Certainly possible.
Him and Harrison both should play a lot.

D Johnson has been a pretry good player since he stepped on campus. Not a star, but a good young budding player.

D Johnson 6'3" 250
D Taylor 6'4" 250
Q Crouch 6'3 235
R Harrison 6'2" 245

I like this rotation...

Certainly possible.
Him and Harrison both should play a lot.

D Johnson has been a pretry good player since he stepped on campus. Not a star, but a good young budding player.

D Johnson 6'3" 250
D Taylor 6'4" 250
Q Crouch 6'3 235
R Harrison 6'2" 245

I like this rotation...
Let’s not forget Jordan Allen, 6’4 245. First year last year, he’s a player

Let’s not forget Jordan Allen, 6’4 245. First year last year, he’s a player

I'm certainly rooting for him. Especially the story with his mother and all.
Did he red-shirt? I hope so.

Yeah he just needs more coaching. Very athletic dude that seems coach-able.
I thought he was 6'6 250?

Reactions: Geaux_Vols
I'm certainly rooting for him. Especially the story with his mother and all.
Did he red-shirt? I hope so.

Yeah he just needs more coaching. Very athletic dude that seems coach-able.
I thought he was 6'6 250?
I don’t think he redshirted, i could be wrong. He definitely saw playing time once Kongbo went down. He’s all Vol for sure

Would JJP be inside? I know he practiced with OLB but i think that a lot to do with lack of depth. I would think he, Bituli, DKjr, Ignont would get most of the playing time inside

Reactions: bpalmer28
The one-time No. 1 overall player in the 2019 class, Crouch waited until the window to sign almost closed before announcing his commitment to Tennessee on Friday night. Crouch actually submitted financial aid paperwork to Michigan, Clemson and Tennessee, keeping fans and coaches guessing as to where he was going and when he would announce. But Tennessee’s longtime courtship of Crouch paid off in a major way and now he’s officially in the fold. A two-way player who could fit at running back or outside linebacker with the Vols, Crouch should have the opportunity to make an instant impact.
Clemson was supposed to be the favorite for Crouch, so for Tennessee to pull this one out is impressive. Crouch is a terrific athlete and could impact in many ways, but I think his future is on the defensive side of the ball as a big, physical linebacker that could transform the Vols' defense. If he stays healthy, he’ll be a leader on defense and a guy who sets the tone with his physical nature.
-Rivals

The week was capped off with Pruitt's two biggest recruiting wins since coming to Tennessee, as the Vols won a pair of battles over some big boys by stealthily beating out Georgia for former 5-star and Michigan defensive tackle transfer Aubrey Solomon and then poaching top prospect Quavaris Crouch away from Clemson or Michigan.
-Simonton

VN Store

Back