'19 NC RB Quavaris Crouch (Tennessee signee)

Can't see how this would be much different from Briles other than not as much name recognition, which has good and bad sides as has been discussed here ad nauseum. I'd be okay with Briles so I guess I have to be okay with this guy.

On top of having the #1 offense in that division, he also called 40-50% of plays at UCF and was PGC at Baylor for 2 years. Long history at Baylor, I suspect he could run the Briles offense pretty close to true. He's been groomed by Briles and now Heupel. I could get on board. That's simply an offense that produces.
But he is not from TN and does not use a fullback. How will we ever get back to 98 without a fullback.

Can't see how this would be much different from Briles other than not as much name recognition, which has good and bad sides as has been discussed here ad nauseum. I'd be okay with Briles so I guess I have to be okay with this guy.
Obviously I can look at it several different ways. I wasn't happy with Helton leaving like some were, but was excited of the possibility of getting someone better.

If whoever we hire is better than Helton, then we are better off than we would have been had Helton stayed. In theory. Haha.

It really all comes down to Pruitt. If he's who we want him to be, almost anyone being discussed will be fine.

Obviously I can look at it several different ways. I wasn't happy with Helton leaving like some were, but was excited of the possibility of getting someone better.

If whoever we hire is better than Helton, then we are better off than we would have been had Helton stayed. In theory. Haha.

It really all comes down to Pruitt. If he's who we want him to be, almost anyone being discussed will be fine.
I think Pruitt needs a guy that can take the offense and has the experience and respect that warrants just leaving him alone to do his thing.

I also think he needs to eventually turn the defense over where his sole focus is overseeing and managing the program.

Gonna be a difficult job until he does.

I know it doesn't mean much, but Yurcich has come out & said there's nothing going on with respect to him taking our vacancy.
In this case I could see him being honest about nothing going on. Seems like UT sports media has just been saying whatever. They probably think its logical if they have good info of Briles to FSU

Reactions: bpalmer28
In this case I could see him being honest about nothing going on. Seems like UT sports media has just been saying whatever. They probably think its logical if they have good info of Briles to FSU
I know we see coaches doublespeak all the time but this kind of feels like he's being honest. He said the following to the person who asked him the question, “There’s nothing going on. Hey, I would tell you if something is up. You have been good to me.”

Could it mean he turned it down?

Chaney and Pittman are a package deal. That’s as good as it gets. If they were to come here, I’d have full faith that in three years we would win at least ten games. That’s how special that duo is. UGA has no idea what they have in those two guys. UGA fans rather complain about not winning a NC then appreciate how unreal an offensive staff they have.
We've had them. Was not that impressed. Sure, we were good offensively, but we also had talent like Bray, DaRick, Hunter, Cordarrel Patterson, and Mykel Rivera. We didn't do nothing special. In fact, that squad was so talented, they just had to throw the ball up to CP and allow him to make plays because he couldn't learn the playbook. I could have scored points with that offense. I could score points with UGAs current talent too.

Pittman is a take, but I couldn't take JC just to get him

I think Pruitt needs a guy that can take the offense and has the experience and respect that warrants just leaving him alone to do his thing.

I also think he needs to eventually turn the defense over where his sole focus is overseeing and managing the program.

Gonna be a difficult job until he does.
If he's not what I hope he is, none of that will happen.

They have the same offense, 1 reason Gundy said he hired him.

"fans" are doubtful to have a clear picture as they all hate their oc. UGA fans wanted chaney gone for goodness sake.

A more accruate picture is what their mod, an unbiased observer, stated - he has simply produced! Thats all I care about! Hate him all we want if we are putting up those numbers.

Hm. Not sure how to respond to all fans hating their OC. Other than, it's simply not true? Memphis fans today are upset to be losing theirs, as a very easy example, but certainly not the only example. Not sure what you would base that on.... And not sure why you would assume a moderator is an unbiased opinion, or why unbiased would necessarily mean accurate. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

VN Store

Back