'19 NC RB Quavaris Crouch (Tennessee signee)

OSU fan that likes Yurcich: he puts up 40 a game, 7 yards a play, etc

OSU fan thay wants Yurcich gone: we lost to x,y,z! Fahr coach! (ignoring they give up 40+ points on defense when they lose)

They are just thinking of their golden days when they fielded good defenses. Now they don't and they want 50 points a game! no, 60!
Sounds like us

Osu hates him wanted him gone since day 1

A few OSU fans' comments from another thread:

"Nobody wants him. Spare me the yards per game nonsense. He isn’t a good recruiter, developer, or play caller. He’s. Lousy OC."

"Yurcich would be an awesome hire for Tennessee. Do it Tennessee!"

"The fact that Yurcich has not had any real interest from larger programs as an OC, or comparable to smaller programs as a HC is very telling. Gundy got what he wanted with this guy: an average to middling coach who can be easily controlled and kept on the ranch, so to speak."

A few OSU fans' comments from another thread:

"Nobody wants him. Spare me the yards per game nonsense. He isn’t a good recruiter, developer, or play caller. He’s. Lousy OC."

"Yurcich would be an awesome hire for Tennessee. Do it Tennessee!"

"The fact that Yurcich has not had any real interest from larger programs as an OC, or comparable to smaller programs as a HC is very telling. Gundy got what he wanted with this guy: an average to middling coach who can be easily controlled and kept on the ranch, so to speak."
Waste of a hire.. but to be honest he’ll prob be gone next year anyways

Reactions: volgrad500
One of my best friends is an ok state fan and he literally got hype when I told him he was an option. Wanted him gone that bad

Ok St ranked 10th in total offense racking up 58 touchdowns and 500 ypg

TN ranked 121st in total offense with 30 touchdowns and 325 ypg.

Both teams seem to complain about O line talent. I’d guess the raw recruits here are better than Ok St.

I don’t know if Yurcich is the answer or not. But the production of his offense seems quite significantly better than ours.

Also as a point of comparison I remember telling several TX fans they were idiots running off Rick Barnes for Shaka Smart. I am looking forward to tomorrow mornings reminders of my previous comments. 😈

Both teams seem to complain about O line talent. I’d guess the raw recruits here are better than Ok St.

I don’t know if Yurcich is the answer or not. But the production of his offense seems quite significantly better than ours.

Not sure if stats are equivalent. How many of the top 15-20 defenses in the country did we play 5-6?

Not sure if stats are equivalent. How many of the top 15-20 defenses in the country did we play 5-6?
I’d probably blame it more on their 99th ranked total defense compared to our 50th ranked total defense.

They score 40 and give up 50
We give up 20 and score 10.
(Not the actual numbers just posing an example)

Interesting description of Yurcich/Gundy's offense:

"It's a no-huddle that also shifts gears.

It's a spread that also goes vertical.

It's a quarterback who executes run-pass options by reading the front seven and the secondary."

If it does turn out to be Yurcich, given our 2019 roster, I'm not sure how much success he is going to be able to find if he tries to immediately replicate what he's done at OK state.

Also as a point of comparison I remember telling several TX fans they were idiots running off Rick Barnes for Shaka Smart. I am looking forward to tomorrow mornings reminders of my previous comments. 😈
I got a vacation on here right after we hired Barnes and went on Shaggy Bevo right after they hired Shaka. I didn’t troll them. I congratulated them on hiring Smart and thanked them for putting the type of coach we needed to stop our bleeding. It was like us currently if anyone says anything positive about Butch Jones. First and last time I went on another team’s board but being in DFW you get the gist of the currents down in Austin. They’re despondent and need a good season just to start having hope. The win against UNC was a good start, but then RADFORD and VCU? They beat Purdue and their ex beats #1 Gonzaga...gut punches.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
Interesting description of Yurcich/Gundy's offense:

"It's a no-huddle that also shifts gears.

It's a spread that also goes vertical.

It's a quarterback who executes run-pass options by reading the front seven and the secondary."

If it does turn out to be Yurcich, given our 2019 roster, I'm not sure how much success he is going to be able to find if he tries to immediately replicate what he's done at OK state.

But what he’s done at Stillwater is adjust the attack and approach for different levels of QB and still get results. I have to like that...don’t know about the rest.

Out of the all the current OC in the SEC , who would Pruitt realistically go after?? This is in regards to the “Unnamed SEC OC”

Alabama - No current OC
Auburn - No current OC
Arkansas - Joe Craddock
Florida - Billy Gonzalez/John Hevesy
Georgia - Jim Chaney
Kentucky - Eddie Gran/Darin Hinshaw
LSU - Steve Ensminger
Mississippi State - Luke Getsy
Missouri - Derek Dooley
Ole Miss - Phil Longo
South Carolina - Bryan McClendon
Texas A&M - Darrell Dickey
Vanderbilt - Andy Ludwig

I only see 3 that I would consider....Jim Chaney , Bryan McClendon, and Eddie Gran
Honestly, I'd take Dooley if I HAD to pick from that list. Chaney a close 2nd

Honestly, I'd take Dooley if I HAD to pick from that list. Chaney a close 2nd

Chaney and Pittman are a package deal. That’s as good as it gets. If they were to come here, I’d have full faith that in three years we would win at least ten games. That’s how special that duo is. UGA has no idea what they have in those two guys. UGA fans rather complain about not winning a NC then appreciate how unreal an offensive staff they have.

Keep in mind it's not that difficult to rack up yards and points in the No Defense conference... gonna be a bit of a shock when there are suddenly DB's actually in position that can't just be run past.

VN Store

Back