'18 NC RB Christian Beal-Smith (Wake Forest Transfer)

Tennessee starting classes back so late is hurting us right now in the transfer market, a guy either has to wait and visit and risk loosing a spot at another school or commit without visiting (Neyor).

Reactions: xtremevolfan
I have followed CBS since he got to Wake. He reminds me a lot of Tiyon Evans in terms of size and running style. He reminds me nothing of Tiyon Evans in terms of intelligence, leadership, and being a good teammate.
Seen somewhere that he was good in pass blocking. If true, take

Tennessee starting classes back so late is hurting us right now in the transfer market, a guy either has to wait and visit and risk loosing a spot at another school or commit without visiting (Neyor).
It is the covid condensed schedule... start late, finish early.. very few days off..

dont think so honestly but i understand what hes saying.
The guy didn’t have a 100 yard rushing game…. 3 straight games to end the season where he had 24 yds or less including 8 att for 23 yds against rutgers in the bowl game…. I feel it’s overreacting for no reason…. I’m thankful he is not coming here.

It is very frustrating that we lost this kid to SC. We absolutely have to recruit better.

I don't think he's worth losing sleep over. Maybe he could have been a decent depth piece. But idk how bad the staff wanted him.

I think there are more chips to fall in the transfer market in the coming months. Agree that we need to land some.

This kid was not a game changing, major impact player. He is a very good pass blocker, but not immensely more talented than what we currently have on our roster.
Not more talented period. Just older!

Happy Trails kid!

Reactions: bigl3327
Still....why did Tiyon have to leave?

Probably the worst thing that's happened under Heupel

I mean he was PERFECT except for him staying injured...but still, he stays and we have zero worries heading into next year at RB.

Still....why did Tiyon have to leave?

Probably the worst thing that's happened under Heupel

I mean he was PERFECT except for him staying injured...but still, he stays and we have zero worries heading into next year at RB.
They didn't recruit Tiyon, and he wanted to be treated like he was "THE" guy. He also apparently blamed his injuries on the style of offense we run. That part makes going to Louisville a little more confusing, because they run a similar offense. Maybe the physicality of the SEC was an issue. Either way, he's gone.

Reactions: SugarCC
Did we go all in on this guy or were we just kicking the tires….The guy had 72 total rushing yards his last three games combined.
As was noted back on Sunday....according to Callahan and another, we were high on him/working him hard !

Looks like transfers want to make decisions quickly, they were able to get him on campus we weren’t (due to dead period and UT starting classes late).

Why can’t kids get on campus until classes start? Neyor was going to visit last weekend before classes start.

VN Store

Back