'20 NC QB Navy Shuler

Most of you all have Condredge ranked too low. I saw him play a lot. He would definitely have to be in the top 5. I couldn't put him lower than 3rd.

1) Astro
2) Condredge
3) Schaeffer*
4) Tony Robinson
5) The Roadrunner
6) Heath

*Shoulda coulda woulda

Heath was a Tebow type runner Dobbs was a Condredge Holloway type...both effective. I would have loved to have watched Shuler and Holloway both in todays RPOs.

Streater was fun to watch, if you didn't mind getting scared Every time he dropped back.... no matter if you were for him or against him.

Reactions: 2 people
JMO as an old guy - I don't know how anybody can rank QB's at UT other than PM being the one guy at the top. Then the other top guys either had personal physical, teammate talent, or coaching system limitations. Tee benefitted from a huge talent advantage and proven system from Cut, but he was a winner and a leader. Talent wise the #2 IMO was clearly Heath. Combo runner with a bit of both Dobbs and Tebow with far better arm and ability to read coverages. Would absolutely kill it in today's game with the RPO/zone read stuff. Which would have made him a better version of Nick Foles in the pro game. Clausen was the next as a pure pro style and leader. Won some really big games, but his lack mobility prevented the team from getting to the very top with the talent around him. Kelly played well above the roster talent and lifted the team on his shoulders, but could get erratic at times. Tony Robinson before the drugs messed him up was probably the most talented QB in UT history. Condredge was amazing with what he did and how he did it with the lesser talent he play with. He lifted the team on his shoulders as well. Made for the RPO, but it would not translate well into today's NFL as his arm strength was suspect.

Back to Navy. Having Helton and Pruitt making a point of going to his SP tells me they like what they see as a potential fit for this O. So I am all in for this legacy.

Reactions: 3 people
JMO as an old guy - I don't know how anybody can rank QB's at UT other than PM being the one guy at the top. Then the other top guys either had personal physical, teammate talent, or coaching system limitations. Tee benefitted from a huge talent advantage and proven system from Cut, but he was a winner and a leader. Talent wise the #2 IMO was clearly Heath. Combo runner with a bit of both Dobbs and Tebow with far better arm and ability to read coverages. Would absolutely kill it in today's game with the RPO/zone read stuff. Which would have made him a better version of Nick Foles in the pro game. Clausen was the next as a pure pro style and leader. Won some really big games, but his lack mobility prevented the team from getting to the very top with the talent around him. Kelly played well above the roster talent and lifted the team on his shoulders, but could get erratic at times. Tony Robinson before the drugs messed him up was probably the most talented QB in UT history. Condredge was amazing with what he did and how he did it with the lesser talent he play with. He lifted the team on his shoulders as well. Made for the RPO, but it would not translate well into today's NFL as his arm strength was suspect.

Back to Navy. Having Helton and Pruitt making a point of going to his SP tells me they like what they see as a potential fit for this O. So I am all in for this legacy.

We think alike here

Reactions: 1 person
There's a blast from the past. Wonder whatever happened to our pal Nate

Comes back from time to time and issues a similar line to what made him famous. Damn good sense of humor and a good sport.

Reactions: 2 people

ranking most athletic, bra.

I saw the 2 videos of him on Hudl. Am I missing something? How is he a DT (per rivals)? I never see him move an inch. Not even step up in pocket. No pressure. And never held the ball more than half a second. Snap and throw. He wasn't reading defenses because he looked at the sideline before every play snapped and threw. Is there more video of him out there or something? The more I dig the more confused I am. His career stats are 12-14 for like 340 yards over 3 games. No rushing yards listed. Someone said he starts on defense in thread but shows 3 games 0 stats there also.

Not trying to be an arse just confused. Is the hype from camps? Is there tape or stats that aren't out there? Pretty sure on Hudl it shows all 12 of his completions.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back