'20 NC QB Navy Shuler

The younger crowd on Volnation need to watch some video of Heath Shuler and see what "lay(ing) it all out there" means. How often do you see a QB running as lead blocker for a RB? Shuler did it. I don't think I ever saw him take a slide or the easy way. Cocky as a player and he backed it up.

Heath and Benji are both extremely nice guys, at least they were to me and the other guys who did construction work for them.

Reactions: 1 person
Heath is plenty smart.:hi:

What Heath lacked in innate intelligence he made up for by just outworking others. I know him personally as well as many of his HS teachers. He had to have extra help and put in more time but was always willing. VERY driven guy back then.

He did something similar with the playbook at UT. The mental side of the game came easier to Colquitt but Heath put in the work to negate that advantage.

"Miles and miles of heart...." plus a legit 4.5 forty and maybe the strongest arm in UT history.

If JG worked as hard.... he'd be a Heisman candidate.

Reactions: 4 people
Did he win it by himself? Lol. Check that roster Martin played with. It was stacked.

He won the first one against Syracuse when we shouldn't have. Don't go 13-0 without winning the 1st one.

Manning
Martin
Shuler
Robinson
Holloway

What if Heath had played after the advent of the spread option? He was faster and bigger than Dobbs.

what if hed played in fun n gun? west coast? wing t?

You honestly think Heath was faster than dobbs?

certainly not as agile. Dobbs was a running back playing QB. it may be difficult for some to watch Dobb's and Shuler and separate our feelings. Dobb's is just a once in a every couple decades qb. He's a stride runner. Little movements he made in stride are deceptive. Dobbs could leap, had deceptive speed, and agility. He made some guys look dumb. Dobbs had underrated lower body strength. plenty of defensers just tried to leg tackle and couldnt.

Heath was def more balanced guy. And a great athlete in his own right.

Last edited:
what if hed played in fun n gun? west coast? wing t?

You honestly think Heath was faster than dobbs?

certainly not as agile. Dobbs was a running back playing QB. it may be difficult for some to watch Dobb's and Shuler and separate our feelings. Dobb's is just a once in a every couple decades qb. He's a stride runner. Little movements he made in stride are deceptive. Dobbs could leap, had deceptive speed, and agility. He made some guys look dumb. Dobbs had underrated lower body strength. plenty of defensers just tried to leg tackle and couldnt.

Heath was def more balanced guy. And a great athlete in his own right.

Heath was a Tebow type runner Dobbs was a Condredge Holloway type...both effective. I would have loved to have watched Shuler and Holloway both in todays RPOs.

Reactions: 4 people
Most of you all have Condredge ranked too low. I saw him play a lot. He would definitely have to be in the top 5. I couldn't put him lower than 3rd.

Yeah I brought that up that he didn't make my top 5 because I never saw him play. Only highlights. But I said he probably deserves to be in there.

“I told the Tennessee coaches, don’t recruit him because he’s my son. Do it because he’s good,” said Heath, the running backs coach at Christ School. “He’s so young, he’s going to grow and get stronger. But it’s his mental aptitude that I think has excited college coaches.”

-Heath
Aptitude. Bug word for Heath.

Aptitude. Bug word for Heath.

source.gif

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back