'20 NC QB Navy Shuler

Yeah I'd have him right behind Peyton too. Wonder what some people's top 5 Vol QB's would look like. I would definitely start with Peyton then Heath but it gets tougher to sort out after them.

I’d go Peyton. Heath. Josh Dobbs. Casey Clausen. Andy Kelly. Dobbs and Clausen are kind of interchangeable for me.

Reactions: 1 person
I still see some old #21 jerseys in Neyland from time to time. That's all there was in the early 90's. Most of our fans under 30 probably don't even know who #21 was and that is a shame. His letdown of an NFL career and then being followed by Peyton Manning unfairly clouded his legacy at UT. Would Fulmer have become our permanent head coach without his performance vs Georgia? Would we have been able to successfully recruit Manning without such a high profile QB and future draft pick on the team?

Reactions: 2 people
I still see some old #21 jerseys in Neyland from time to time. That's all there was in the early 90's. Most of our fans under 30 probably don't even know who #21 was and that is a shame. His letdown of an NFL career and then being followed by Peyton Manning unfairly clouded his legacy at UT. Would Fulmer have become our permanent head coach without his performance vs Georgia? Would we have been able to successfully recruit Manning without such a high profile QB and future draft pick on the team?
Loved Faulkner and Fleming back then too. Little man and Aaron Hayden. Charlie Garner! They were so fun to watch back in the day.

The younger crowd on Volnation need to watch some video of Heath Shuler and see what "lay(ing) it all out there" means. How often do you see a QB running as lead blocker for a RB? Shuler did it. I don't think I ever saw him take a slide or the easy way. Cocky as a player and he backed it up.

Yeah man. He played QB with a linebacker mentality. I loved watching him play. Got to chat with him on a couple occasions around campus, he was a really good dude.

I’d go Peyton. Heath. Josh Dobbs. Casey Clausen. Andy Kelly. Dobbs and Clausen are kind of interchangeable for me.

I would probably agree with that as far as players I'm old enough to have watched. But would Condredge Holloway make the list? I've only seen highlights. Always liked bray and ainge but don't think I'd put them on there. And tee Martin only played 1 year but he did win us a title. Still would be hard to put him up there.

Loved Faulkner and Fleming back then too. Little man and Aaron Hayden. Charlie Garner! They were so fun to watch back in the day.

I remember Faulkner had the greatest hands ever for a wide receiver. Dude caught almost everything thrown his way. Loved watching him play.

I would probably agree with that as far as players I'm old enough to have watched. But would Condredge Holloway make the list? I've only seen highlights. Always liked bray and ainge but don't think I'd put them on there. And tee Martin only played 1 year but he did win us a title. Still would be hard to put him up there.

Those are the guys I watched. If Bray had any type of self discipline and guidance when he was at Tennessee he would have been a beast. Holloway was well before my time but I always hear how great he was. The 98 team was stacked on defense and I always felt like defense won that title. Martin was just above serviceable IMO. In all cases it helps to have a good supporting cast.

I remember Faulkner had the greatest hands ever for a wide receiver. Dude caught almost everything thrown his way. Loved watching him play.

The guy was money. Not afraid to go over the middle. Back then I thought these guys really do give their all for Tennessee. As time has passed I feel like most give their all for draft status and those that have that status give nothing because getting hurt would jeopardize that.

Tee played two seasons.

no pissing match...but....
Intelligence question came from personal friends of his. I never said anything about his life outside of the University of Tennessee. I praised him as a player and said he was unheralded in UT lore. I didn't judge him, just repeated what I was told. Others on here has said the same.

You JUDGED me for being biased politically, with not a word typed about anything along those lines. You have no idea where I stand.... and won't. Does not belong here anyway. You made a stupid and I'll advised post. That is not hearsay.

"Veiled' You see some folks just like to bring up the negative instead of looking for the good first, just sayn'. Your responses reflect the incivility infecting today's society. :ermm:

Shuler laid it on the line, but so did the Iceman Clausen... I loved watching him get fired up and he played with a chip on his shoulder. I was at the 5 overtime game vs Bama in T-town and that mother trucker was on fire and would not be denied... best performance by a UT college QB I've seen live...

Reactions: 2 people
As I recall, Heath tried to run over a linebacker in the pros and was never the same after that. He didn't back down from anyone.

636428847599049085-NavyShuler-MB1-10042017.jpg

DUAL
6'0'' | 195 LBS
CLASS OF 2020
Asheville, NC
Christ School

OFFERS - None

RIVALS - Rivals.com

[HUDL]3/6046239/59c6a2d5235212122070969b[/HUDL]

He'll be at Junior Day this weekend.

Cant believe he has no offers yet

"Veiled' You see some folks just like to bring up the negative instead of looking for the good first, just sayn'. Your responses reflect the incivility infecting today's society. :ermm:

dude..... I was trying to funny about the "and smarter" post. It's pretty obvious. Your responses reflect the whiney/emotional feeling/PC attitude inflicting today's society. I stand by what I said and the fact Heath was a great player and one of my favorites.

I hope Navy does great things on and off the field, just like Heath! With a higher IQ.

I'm done with the back and forth with you..... Let's get back to discussing what we both love...... Football.

I wouldn't have Dobbs in my top 5 mainly because he didn't win enough. Manning, Shuler, Holloway, Clausen and a tie between Warren, Ainge and Robinson for the number 5 spot.

And so did yours referencing amount of money one has or lack thereof.

I wouldn't have Dobbs in my top 5 mainly because he didn't win enough. Manning, Shuler, Holloway, Clausen and a tie between Warren, Ainge and Robinson for the number 5 spot.

What Dobbs accomplished on his own without coaching and a ((IMO) less than stellar O-line is why I put him in. Dobbs with lets say Clausen’s O-line or any competent line for that matter would have been a Heisman finalist. Could he throw it that well? No. But how often did he have time to throw. He was a baller and a straight up play maker though.

What Dobbs accomplished on his own without coaching and a ((IMO) less than stellar O-line is why I put him in. Dobbs with lets say Clausen’s O-line or any competent line for that matter would have been a Heisman finalist. Could he throw it that well? No. But how often did he have time to throw. He was a baller and a straight up play maker though.

I agree. Really enjoyed watching Dobbs when he was here but he just didn't win enough for me to put him in my top 5.

VN Store

Back