'21 NC OT Diego Pounds (Ole Miss)

Lol ultimate defeat, you can’t respectfully provide an argument so you tell me to ignore you 🤣
What exactly was your argument? You asked me to stop posting on threads. What am I suppose to say? I said ignore me if you don’t want to read my opinion.

What else was I suppose to say? Because I’m going to post what I want. If you don’t want to read it, then ignore me. It’s that simple. You had no argument. You basically asked me to shut up nicely and I am saying no.

The 0 for this weekend looks pretty official to me. Currently, Dayne Davis is slated at started RT, if nothing changes. Why, after three years do we have a player of Davis' caliber at starting RT going into the spring? I have every right to be concerned about that.

I really, really hope that we are able to find a portal player or one of the young guys steps into that role.
It's January. More portal to come in the spring.

I would have liked to get 2 of these kids too. 1 was leverage visit. 1 went well, but decides to stay home. 1 never gave us a chance.

It literally is what it is.

Fair enough. I'm just concerned is all.
Me too. O line needs help. But I don't think we ever had a shot at heard. Pounds' visit to ole miss was scheduled, it seems, before he actually hit the portal. And the KS kid... Well... It sucks but if he and his family made that decision...🤷

What exactly was your argument? You asked me to stop posting on threads. What am I suppose to say? I said ignore me if you don’t want to read my opinion.

What else was I suppose to say? Because I’m going to post what I want. If you don’t want to read it, then ignore me. It’s that simple. You had no argument. You basically asked me to shut up nicely and I am saying no.
what was your argument again? Oh that’s right complaining about the portal in freaking January when there is still like 6 months left of it. No you are right your argument is obviously superior in every way the staff has no clue what they are doing

It’s going to cost us some games and possibly Nico if they don’t. It’s crazy they haven’t overpaid as it will likely cost us next year having Davis as our starter.
Maybe Umarov will have developed enough to overtake DD at RT?

But we still won't have depth.

Would it not make more logical sense to be “concerned” by Fall practice if the staff doesn’t get anymore OL help?
I'm concerned now. We had a good OL recruiting hall in 2023 class so I am hoping some of the guys pan out.

what was your argument again? Oh that’s right complaining about the portal in freaking January when there is still like 6 months left of it. No you are right your argument is obviously superior in every way the staff has no clue what they are doing
You got it. See I don’t have to argue.

And if the staff was so confident in OL, why are they bringing in three this weekend to try and sign? Maybe because it’s an issue.

Get outta here Newbie

How many times does it need to be said in this forum that the transfer portal is open for a while like why do we continue to have posters on here that continually complain and moan every single day this staff historically gets 7-8 players every portal season. My advice to you and everybody else is to sit back and relax wait till fall camp and if the staff didn’t fill the needs, then you can complain and moan during that time
At this point, I believe the only players that can still enter are from Michigan, Washington, and grad transfers. So we mostly know the pool of players they have to choose from.

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
You got it. See I don’t have to argue.

And if the staff was so confident in OL, why are they bringing in three this weekend to try and sign? Maybe because it’s an issue.

Get outta here Newbie
When did anyone say the staff was confident about the OL? We obviously want at least 2 guys for the OL in the portal, but the problem is you and the select few of posters are complaining in freaking January about who we don’t get rather than waiting till to Fall to see who we do get…you see the insanity in that?

The 0 for this weekend looks pretty official to me. Currently, Dayne Davis is slated at started RT, if nothing changes. Why, after three years do we have a player of Davis' caliber at starting RT going into the spring? I have every right to be concerned about that.

I really, really hope that we are able to find a portal player or one of the young guys steps into that role.
If we land the kid from Kansas, he's versatile enough to play RT or LG. So it's possible he plays RT and someone else currently on the team earns the LG spot.

If we land the kid from Kansas, he's versatile enough to play RT or LG. So it's possible he plays RT and someone else currently on the team earns the LG spot.
He's staying in Texas apparently.

It's January. More portal to come in the spring.

I would have liked to get 2 of these kids too. 1 was leverage visit. 1 went well, but decides to stay home. 1 never gave us a chance.

It literally is what it is.
People keep saying "more portal in the Spring", but that means missing Spring practice where much of next year's team is set. Plus it ignores the fact that the talent pool in the Spring window will more likely be less because it will most likely be comprised of guys who couldn't win the starting job in Spring practice, which is why they're entering the portal at that time. The vast bulk of talent enters in the current window because they know the importance of Spring practice.

Reactions: joevols89
People keep saying "more portal in the Spring", but that means missing Spring practice where much of next year's team is set. Plus it ignores the fact that the talent pool in the Spring window will more likely be less because it will most likely be comprised of guys who couldn't win the starting job in Spring practice, which is why they're entering the portal at that time. The vast bulk of talent enters in the current window because they know the importance of Spring practice.
I don't disagree, but there is still gonna be another opportunity to add some help.

So what is your point? The staff needs to fill holes they can’t worry about missed practice in the spring…should we complain about missed practice I am confused?

Well we don’t need to bring in a whole new offense after spring, just a couple dudes.

VN Store

Back