'25 NC OT David Sanders

i fixed the link, i posted wrong thing first. The recruiting video is a great breakdown as well but not relevant in the current convo. It was relevant for an earlier conversation in this thread.
Thanks. Wanted to make sure it was the right video before I spent 17 minutes watching.

Reactions: topdog4tn
Man I hope guys like Trey Smith start to come around more. That’s huge for recruiting.
Trey Smith is around all the time. He was at a few football games last season, a few the season before, was at the UT-UK basketball game, and now the spring game. I doubt there’s a player who is still active who comes to Knoxville more often than Trey. Since he went to the NFL, he’s continued to come back regularly. Same with Grant Williams on the basketball side.

What would you do with 5 QBs anyway?
From what I saw yesterday, I am not worried about our QB room this year and think it will be very good every years. Reminds me of what Alabama has done during three last 2-3 years. Our advantage is our offensive coaching staff. We just need to continue to recruit the best athletes to catch up with the talent pool.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Sanders and Matthews. We got our future tackles lined up🍊😁🍊
You sure they don’t see Matthews as interior? Ideally if the staff is going to take 2 tackles I’d think they’d want sanders and gaston (who by all accounts we are at or near the top for).

You sure they don’t see Matthews as interior? Ideally if the staff is going to take 2 tackles I’d think they’d want sanders and gaston (who by all accounts we are at or near the top for).
id rather take 4 tackles then call it a day. they can slide inside. guards can't slide outside

They will take him as a tackle, let it sort itself out. Always can slide to guard. But he will get chance at tackle.

They see Petty as an interior, so likely if we land the trio of Sanders/Petty/Matthews, Petty will be the one to slide interior since he is shorter

From what I saw yesterday, I am not worried about our QB room this year and think it will be very good every years. Reminds me of what Alabama has done during three last 2-3 years. Our advantage is our offensive coaching staff. We just need to continue to recruit the best athletes to catch up with the talent pool.
I for one am happy to have Gaston Moore as the backup. Dude knows Heupels system inside and out.

Last edited:
I got one am happy to have Gaston Moore as the backup. Dude knows Heupels system inside and out.

I think hes a smart guy just not really gifted like Nico. Brains and experience can go a really long way. Heupels offense put up videogame numbers before he came to UT and never had a great QB...

I think people greatly underestimate Jake Merklinger...most folks think George will take over after Nico is gone. Jake has balled out since he got here and was highly ranked 4* in his own right. He was arguably the best looking QB in the game yesterday as well...but we know how deceiving that can be in OnW games. You can bet your ass Jake has no intentions of letting George beat him out for the starting job at UT though....the battle for QB2 and then QB1 will be fun to watch in the next few years. We are loaded now at QB...as good as anyone once George gets here IMO.

VN Store

Back