'21 NC DT Payton Page (Clemson commit)

That was sort of his expected timeline to begin with, so not a surprise there, but thatā€™s obviously confirmation of at least a general timeline he has in mind.

I still think Clemson and Tennessee are the two teams in the best shape with him. Itā€™s a three-team race, with North Carolina also in the picture, but the Vols and Tigers are the two teams weā€™ve continued to hear about most. Clemson is the longtime favorite, but as weā€™ve mentioned recently, Tennessee has made that one much more interesting in recent weeks. I think the Vols have a legitimate shot, but the Tigers still feel good about their chances, too.

Going to be an interesting battle down the stretch. Hopefully weā€™ll get a better feel in the coming days for which team might have the upper hand, but wouldnā€™t surprise me at this point if he picked either Clemson or Tennessee.

- Callahan

Still my biggest want of the class,with Tony Grimes committing on the 30th if he picks UNC I wonder if it has any bearing on Page?I wouldnā€™t think so but UNC has had some momentum,and just like us all it takes is a couple dominoes to fall and make sumone re-think a decision.Still think itā€™s a Clemson/UT battle but anything can happen in Crootin.

I was there at that game UGH!!!!

Same here. I was the lone Vol sitting five rows up in the Alabama alumni section. Bought the ticket for face value out front, still donā€™t know how. Everybody was very polite until the second half. Had a 40-something woman turn around and flip me double birds about three inches from my face while I was singing Rocky Top. They were not polite after the block. I stuffed about four or five pouches in my mouth and sat in disbelief. We coulda had it. Daniel ā€œStinkinā€™ā€ Lincoln had a hamstring issue and had been line driving his kicks IIRC.

Same here. I was the lone Vol sitting five rows up in the Alabama alumni section. Bought the ticket for face value out front, still donā€™t know how. Everybody was very polite until the second half. Had a 40-something woman turn around and flip me double birds about three inches from my face while I was singing Rocky Top. They were not polite after the block. I stuffed about four or five pouches in my mouth and sat in disbelief. We coulda had it. Daniel ā€œStinkinā€™ā€ Lincoln had a hamstring issue and had been line driving his kicks IIRC.
Most all opposing fans are nice when
when it is convenient

ā€œIt's been the same conversation with Clemson but it's getting more intense just because we've been texting more and talking more.ā€ Page said. ā€œIā€™m glad for Tennessee because they're getting all these great players but it's not going to affect me that much. The coaches want me to play a zero or one technique. I have some friends that are going to North Carolina, especially Myles Murphy. ā€œIt's going to come down to what school I'm comfortable with and is real with me,ā€ he said. ā€œI want to be comfortable with everything.ā€
Page isnā€™t the type to open up too much when it comes to talking about the inner workings of his recruitment. Reading between the lines and indications from sources now point to Pageā€™s recruitment coming down to Clemson and Tennessee. The Tigers were considered the early leader but Tennessee and North Carolina closed the gap significantly earlier this year. Now Clemson seems to have regained their momentum due to their increased communication with Page and his family. Expect a decision in the latter portion of July.
-Friedman

Friedman always writes this crap.
somebody's gotta do it. always seems someone is willing.
giphy.gif

Reactions: butchna

VN Store

Back