'21 NC DT Payton Page (Clemson commit)

Payton Page
DT; Greensboro, N.C.

Page included Tennessee in his top five earlier this year and has teased a top three, but he hasn’t officially posted it yet. The best bet for that top three: Clemson, North Carolina and Tennessee. The North Carolina native is considered a Clemson lean and is a key target for the Tigers, but the Vols are in the mix, too.

Page paid Tennessee a visit in March, and new defensive line coach Jimmy Brumbaugh has teamed up with Brian Niedermeyer and Jay Graham to recruit him. Conventional wisdom seems to be the longer he waits to commit, the better Tennessee’s chances are. Page is a game-changer as a 6-foot-4, 360-pound tackle and a top-100 recruit nationally.
- Ubben

The kid absolutely stuffs the middle. He’s not a DE like Ritze who makes plays off the edge. He actually creates plays for players like Ritze because there is no where to run in the middle. The drop is hard to believe. 26 tackles for losses is a pretty staggering number especially when you watch his hudl film and he’s tying up two and three blockers

The kid absolutely stuffs the middle. He’s not a DE like Ritze who makes plays off the edge. He actually creates plays for players like Ritze because there is no where to run in the middle. The drop is hard to believe. 26 tackles for losses is a pretty staggering number especially when you watch his hudl film and he’s tying up two and three blockers
You think we have a shot here or is he Clemson's to loose.

You think we have a shot here or is he Clemson's to loose.
I think we have a shot but I would put Clemson first. Rocker really cost us or I think he would have been a Vol. UNC has a better shot now with this virus situation. It’s really been a game changer now and some kids may stay closer to home than they would have otherwise

Reactions: tn4elvis
I think we have a shot but I would put Clemson first. Rocker really cost us or I think he would have been a Vol. UNC has a better shot now with this virus situation. It’s really been a game changer now and some kids may stay closer to home than they would have otherwise
I think this class in NC might be one of the better ones of all time. Lots of great players this year.

I think this class in NC might be one of the better ones of all time. Lots of great players this year.
I think it is the best overall. Last year was top heavy with 15 or so then a drop off. This one has a lot of depth. Probably 50-60 players at least will play D1

Reactions: tn4elvis
I think it is the best overall. Last year was top heavy with 15 or so then a drop off. This one has a lot of depth. Probably 50-60 players at least will play D1
My thoughts too.This is a very deep class in Nc.Hope we can get our share Griddie.

Reactions: griddie

Roman Harrison had that many TFLs his Senior year, and he went from 3 star to the 176 ranked player in the country and 4 star. Also Georgia defensive POY in his classification. That's a lot of blowing up the line of scrimmage!

At this point I don't know why anyone actually relies on the star ranking system.
It's obviously biased as all hell, and therefore unreliable.

IOW i don't want this kid because he WAS a 5 star...i want him because he's a monster NT.

Heard anything about our chances there?
We are after him extremely hard but so are UGA and UNC. I could see his teammate Dillsworth picking UNC (I just don’t think Bama is pushing that hard) and then Ritzie joining him. Like I said, this virus shutdown has all the cards in the UNC deck it seems.

As for other recruiting updates, let’s start with two North Carolina big men. Payton Page announced his Top 3 and the Vols joined North Carolina and Clemson in the final stanza. Clemson seems to have the momentum in this one at this time.
VQ

Reactions: EdEcEko77

VN Store

Back