'21 NC DT Payton Page (Clemson commit)

Page, a junior at Dudley High School in Greensboro, N.C., received his first offer in May 2018 from Tennessee and visited the Vols for the first time in late July to attend their pool party, their final recruiting event of the summer. Earlier this year, he announced a top five that included Tennessee, along with North Carolina, Oregon, Clemson and LSU. And he returned to Knoxville on March 7 to attend the Vols' latest junior day. All five predictions on the 247Sports Crystal Ball point to Clemson as the current favorite to land the 6-foot-4, 345-pound Page, although North Carolina and Tennessee might be the Tigers' main competition for him. He's ranked the No. 28 overall prospect and No. 4 defensive tackle in the 247Sports Composite

I think with Payton Page [his drop] was a confluence of things," Power said. "He didn't have the best junior season. And then we saw him at the Future50 Camp in January and not the best showing there either. We try to be careful not to overly ding guys if it's one thing, but I think with him it was multiple settings where he underperformed that kind of compounded and cumulatively added up. With rankings, we definitely put a higher emphasis on what have you done lately, and I think it became enough to where we felt like he needed to move down. It's a deal where if he turns it around, he has a chance to go back up, but we felt that a trend down was merited at this point and time.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
What a clown. Page played in a defense which yielded 15 points per game, he was constantly double teamed, had 71 tackles including 26 for losses. He was immovable on the line of scrimmage even with two blockers. Sorry to this guy that he didn’t think Payton was a combine Tarzan lmao. Send him to UT please we will gladly take him.

What a clown. Page played in a defense which yielded 15 points per game, he was constantly double teamed, had 71 tackles including 26 for losses. He was immovable on the line of scrimmage even with two blockers. Sorry to this guy that he didn’t think Payton was a combine Tarzan lmao. Send him to UT please we will gladly take him.
Do you think the same reason our staff started looking around is the same reason the services started dropping him? It’s not like he’s a 2-star now. I think it’s just Page was like #3 on the list and not #1.

Do you think the same reason our staff started looking around is the same reason the services started dropping him? It’s not like he’s a 2-star now. I think it’s just Page was like #3 on the list and not #1.
Who’s above him at DT?

I mean I just watched his hudl highlights again. Saw him play several times this season. Kid is 6’5, 325 and immovable. Lot like Dexter Lawrence. Clemson loves him for a reason. 26 tackles for losses and him taking on double and triple teams consistently opened up things for his teammates. No clue why 247 dropped him

I mean I just watched his hudl highlights again. Saw him play several times this season. Kid is 6’5, 325 and immovable. Lot like Dexter Lawrence. Clemson loves him for a reason. 26 tackles for losses and him taking on double and triple teams consistently opened up things for his teammates. No clue why 247 dropped him
Maybe b/c he’s a Tennessee lean 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: onevol74
Who’s above him at DT?
No idea. But our info could be stale because of the coaching changes. Maybe Brumbaugh gets Page back up on the list.
They also have him weighing 360.

And for the record, Page is #1 in my book. Everybody else is gravy. I covet his signature as much as I coveted Big O’s last year. But we need so many Jimmies and Joes before we have that 90s kind of depth. It’s been so long since we’ve had championship lines.

Reactions: SmokinBob

VN Store

Back