DEFENSIVE TACKLE
6'8''
280 LBS
CLASS OF 2019

Wisdom Asaboro, Covenant Day School, Defensive Tackle

Wisdom Asaboro, 2019 Defensive tackle - Rivals.com

Wisdom Asaboro on Hudl

New 2019 name to watch out for...

As of this morning he holds offers from UNC, South Carolina, and Tennessee. More are coming

-Adam Friedman, Rivals

He must have some decent speed. There are 2 or 3 plays that he runs a running back down 30+ yards down field.

Reactions: Big Sun
He must have some decent speed. There are 2 or 3 plays that he runs a running back down 30+ yards down field.
I am seeing a big man "Too Tall Jones type" that can run,jump got huge wingspan to really effect the QB in passing. Packing down passes like in BB maybe able to intercept even. Will def fill out more. Already 280 and can move. Lots of upside. The kind of guy I want to see on our DL.

I went to a small private school in South Carolina and we played covenant day. Very low level of competition.
He appears to still move well and have good coordination for 6'8" even if he is playing against people 8 inches shorter than him. I have seen 6'8" hs basketball players that look like they are playing on ice and cant do anything.

DE or add weight?
5 Tech but that is a prospect I’d like to mold. You can see he is raw but has the tools, upside is big, no pun. Put 30-40 lbs on this kid in your S&C, develop him and in two years, he’s going to be a handful. I’ll offer right now.

Big John Henderson...

LOL, He’s the first person I thought of. Looks exactly like John his senior year in HS. He’s raw, but has lot’s of potential. Once he learns how to play and gets strong, he could be really good down the road. The kid can really run, he doesn’t give up, he chased down backs 25 yards downfield.

DISCLAIMER: As others have said, guys he’s playing against are dwarfs compared to him. But, you can’t teach guys how to be that big or that agile. The most impressive things were, he plays through the whistle and his pursuit speed......daaamm

Last edited:
Out of Nigeria and standing in at 6-foot-8, 275-pounds, Asaboro is in his first full season of organized football. Through a program called AccessToSuccess, started by former Davidson basketball player Andrew Lovedale, an opportunity was created for Asaboro to come to the United States and play. Asaboro arrived at Covenant Day School in August and James has just started getting the word out on him. “He’s super raw, but from an athletic perspective it’s really off the charts how good he can be here,” James said.
College programs are starting to jump on Nigerian DL Asaboro

VN Store

Back