From Rivals:

AMARIS
WILLIAMS

UNDECIDED
6'3" | 270 LBS | SDE | 2024
CLINTON
CLINTON, NC

Contenders: Florida, NC State, Tennessee, Penn State, Georgia

Overview: Williams just put out a top five of Florida, NC State, Tennessee, Penn State and Georgia last week, but right now it seems like Tennessee and Florida are battling it out. The Vols just got him on campus last weekend for an unofficial visit and he is expected back at the end of this month for an official visit. Florida has been working hard to keep his attention throughout the process and he has great relationships in Gainesville already.
NC State has been recruiting Williams for the longest, but it has ground to make up. The same could be said for Penn State and how much work the Nittany Lions still have in front of them.
Georgia is likely to get Williams on campus for a camp at some point this month and that could determine how much the Dawgs prioritize the North Carolina pass rusher.

Amaris Williams was in town after announcing a top five of Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, North Carolina State, and Florida earlier in the week. "Had a great time in Tennessee. Loved the environment," the four-star said. Florida and Tennessee are the two programs rumored to be out in front, with North Carolina State right behind going into the summer.
- VolReport

Disappointed we didn't get this one. I was told we talked to him about putting on weight and playing the 3 technique and he was interested in that. Oh well, on to the next one.

Reactions: Orange.
florida is a dumpster fire. this aint over

True, but unfortunately if they keep recruiting like they are, not for too long. I don't know how he is doing it. He is on the hot seat already. Their record sucked last year(6/7). They have an extremely difficult schedule in 2024 (Some say the hardest). Even if he happens to get lucky this year, chances of winning next year are even smaller! I doubt he will get another year like last year.:eek:

Was forced to watch this kid’s tape last night, by a Florida fan. I hate to say it but wow. I sure hope we kill UF and this kid hits the portal. Should be a 5 star with his athletic ability.

Reactions: volinbama256
florida is a dumpster fire. this aint over

agree but yet they just picked up 4 four star guys this weekend, two in the top 100 I believe... at some point, even with horrible coaching, if you have the talent, you can be very dangerous as a team. Hopefully they fizzle this season and we have a shot to pull him back over to the good guys.

agree but yet they just picked up 4 four star guys this weekend, two in the top 100 I believe... at some point, even with horrible coaching, if you have the talent, you can be very dangerous as a team. Hopefully they fizzle this season and we have a shot to pull him back over to the good guys.
I would say we wont have to worry about it every year. Likely after 24, it'll be someone else's problem.

No way Zook 2.0 makes it out of '24. So even with all that 'talent' (and no qb), they will be in dire straits by 2025.

Btw, Florida has gotten theirs, every year for two decades. I still think we have commensurate, or more talent right now.

We just need to play ball control a ilttle more. Take more time to score.
No. More points puts more pressure on the opponent and narrows game plan options

The DC just needs to get his unit off the field by limiting drives. The O isn’t making the D give up long drives

Reactions: PA Vol
I would say we wont have to worry about it every year. Likely after 24, it'll be someone else's problem.

No way Zook 2.0 makes it out of '24. So even with all that 'talent' (and no qb), they will be in dire straits by 2025.

Napier at least had success as a HC before his hire, unlike Zook. But I’ll gladly take no more than 8 wins per season from Napier

Reactions: DarthVol1
I think people are ignoring the fact these programs are negative recruiting against us with the NCAA hammer hanging over our head. And they are profiting by doing so.

I think people are ignoring the fact these programs are negative recruiting against us with the NCAA hammer hanging over our head. And they are profiting by doing so.

Dude, every other big time program has broke the rules for years now.

The NCAA is useless at this point.

VN Store

Back