'19 NC CB Tyus Fields (Tennessee signee)

Uhh Buchanan does perform poorly and hesitates when he blitz’s while letting guys run right by him in coverage.

I said why wouldn’t u hope buchannon has a great senior year instead of hoping he performs badly enough that he loses his spot. I never commented on his performance last year.

Reactions: InstrumentalVol
I said why wouldn’t u hope buchannon has a great senior year instead of hoping he performs badly enough that he loses his spot. I never commented on his performance last year.
I think we all hope he has a great senior year but his play the last 3 years hasn’t given us any reason to believe that will happen.

Reactions: Billy Antrim
Well I do hope he does magnificent his senior year.

Should read and comprehend what your replying to instead of instantly bashing the players. And if he consistently did what u said Pruitt would not have him starting.anyway I hope tyus is good enough to challenge for the spot but I hope buchannon plays good enough to hold him off

I think we all hope he has a great senior year but his play the last 3 years hasn’t given us any reason to believe that will happen.

Was directly replying to someone who said they hope his job gets taken. And I guess we’ll agree to disagree on that. Personally I think buchannon has shown he can be a good player. Obviously Pruitt thinks so as well

Was directly replying to someone who said they hope his job gets taken. And I guess we’ll agree to disagree on that. Personally I think buchannon has shown he can be a good player. Obviously Pruitt thinks so as well
Yeah not trying to derail the theread. Just not a fan of Buchanan and I believe the only reason he played so much is because we didn’t have anyone better (and that’s not a good thing). Fields will have every opportunity to take that spot.

Yeah not trying to derail the theread. Just not a fan of Buchanan and I believe the only reason he played so much is because we didn’t have anyone better (and that’s not a good thing). Fields will have every opportunity to take that spot.
There was a big reason we made opposing QBs look like Heisman hopefuls last year.

Buchanan was only playing for Pruitt last year because he did things the right way IMO. He was rewarding good practice habits and him modeling good behavior. Buchanan is a liability on anyone’s defense in this league. He leaves a lot to be desired. Good kid, he deserves whatever goodwill is coming to him in his future.

Buchanan was only playing for Pruitt last year because he did things the right way IMO. He was rewarding good practice habits and him modeling good behavior. Buchanan is a liability on anyone’s defense in this league. He leaves a lot to be desired. Good kid, he deserves whatever goodwill is coming to him in his future.
He has enough potential to improve but this is probably an accurate assessment. And he hasn't shown much in games that inspire confidence.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
He has enough potential to improve but this is probably an accurate assessment. And he hasn't shown much in games that inspire confidence.
His dad was an NFL db. Only reasonable to think his performance issues aren't from a lack of knowledge. I'd suspect we will see next year the same as we've seen in the past from him....hoping I'm mistaken

Look guys, we have another OD. Reading comprehension=🤢🤢🤢

I don’t think he was saying we don’t. I think he was just indicating Crouch could have already handled it instead of getting an evaluation when he gets to school that way he was already 100% when he got to UT during the EE period.
Bionic Man reference...Millennial!

I was just trying to make a six million dollar man reference.
"a man barely alive
Gentlemen we can rebuild him
We have the technology
We have the capability to make the worlds first bionic man
Steve Austin will be that man
Better than he was before
Better, Stronger, Faster.."

Reactions: The Dog
"a man barely alive
Gentlemen we can rebuild him
We have the technology
We have the capability to make the worlds first bionic man
Steve Austin will be that man
Better than he was before
Better, Stronger, Faster.."
I guess only us old geezers can relate to this. The younger generation doesn't know anything about this show.

Should read and comprehend what your replying to instead of instantly bashing the players. And if he consistently did what u said Pruitt would not have him starting.anyway I hope tyus is good enough to challenge for the spot but I hope buchannon plays good enough to hold him off
Yeah that's not going to happen.

Fields overtakes him easily imo.

Buchannon doesn't posses the athletic ability or confidence to get our defense where it needs to be.
We need to continue getting the young talent some experience. Thompson and Taylor are far and away our best CBs and they were both True Freshman.
Burrell and Fields need to follow suit

Buchannon doesn't posses the athletic ability or confidence to get our defense where it needs to be.
We need to continue getting the young talent some experience. Thompson and Taylor are far and away our best CBs and they were both True Freshman.

Lol at your evaluation

Reactions: Darth_Shiveman

Can't tell you how many times I saw this type of stuff posted about Justin Coleman during his career at UT and he is still playing pretty good in the NFL Today.

I guess all fan bases trash talk some of their upperclassmen this way but it is actually pretty comical. Next year this time the Freshman you mentioned will be written off by some in the fan base because they could not replace a bumb like Buchanan.

There is a reason people complained about Fulmer never playing Freshmen. It was because he had good upperclassmen with plenty of depth at most positions. Be happy if Pruitt gets to the point where very few Freshmen see the field.

Can't tell you how many times I saw this type of stuff posted about Justin Coleman during his career at UT and he is still playing pretty good in the NFL Today.

I guess all fan bases trash talk some of their upperclassmen this way but it is actually pretty comical. Next year this time the Freshman you mentioned will be written off by some in the fan base because they could not replace a bumb like Buchanan.

There is a reason people complained about Fulmer never playing Freshmen. It was because he had good upperclassmen with plenty of depth at most positions. Be happy if Pruitt gets to the point where very few Freshmen see the field.
I don't have much faith in Buchannon but I haven't written him off and completely agree with yer point.

Reactions: Darth_Shiveman

Yep. Apparently Pruitt liked something or another about Buchannon’s game in 2018. It’s hard for DBs to look very good when your pass rush is as poor as ours was in 2018 anyway. IMO the only way Baylon gets benched for a freshman is if one of them turns out to be an absolute stud and really special player.

I don't have much faith in Buchannon but I haven't written him off and completely agree with yer point.
Buchannon is too slow to cover a WR in space. He seems to usually be in the right position to make a play and is solid in run defense, but his athleticism is subpar for the position.

VN Store

Back